Discussion What Manga are you reading/Going to read next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

i am reading Kekkaishi right now, and so far i am enjoying it :amuse

P.S. i am hoping for Di[e]ce to have a regular monthly Edited Manga updates... i am currently dying to know what's going to happen next... TT__TT
Kekkaishi is great. One of those series that gets better as you go. The current arc is developing into one of the best in the series.

About to start reading Souten Kouro. Looks very interesting. It was serialized in Weekly Morning and ran for 36 volumes. Lion of Genesis has recently started scanning it. They have done 3 chapters so far.
You know, that caught my eye as well. I may give it a try once more is scanlated. Let me know how it is :)
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

You know, that caught my eye as well. I may give it a try once more is scanlated. Let me know how it is :)
I enjoyed it even though its only got 4 chapters out now. So its still kinda hard to tell if it will stay good. The art is really retro 80s style. But it fits it well.

Also, finally read the first chapter of Garden and that was like a major drug trip. But I loved it! Can't wait for more to be scanlated.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

While your waiting for more Garden try Palepoli. Same mangaka, just as trippy. It's a strange format, you might need a few pages to get used to it. Definitely not an easy read; lots of obscure references, optical illusions, and potentially offensive material. If you could handle Garden you should be fine with Palepoli.

Because it is such a long series I'm probably going to wait a bit on Souten Kouro. At some point I really want to read it though.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Downloading it right now :)

Also, while on Hox's website noticed that he is scanning a really old school manga, Sangokushi. Already got 5 volumes out. Looks pretty good. But I'm a sucker for historical manga.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

It's also based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, just much older. By the mangaka of Tetsujin 28-Go (Gigantor). The Gigantor anime was one of the first imported to America, right after Astro Boy.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

:nuts Basilisk was f**king incredible!

Kagijin was on the borderline of ok lol. I didn't really like Tegami Bachi; I might give it another try in the future though. I've caught up with Ao no Exorcist (no biggie lol), it's an alright manga so far!

Currently reading: One Piece :shakefist, FMA :nuts, Psyren :thumbs, Air Gear :amuse, Eyeshield 21 :nuts, Monster :cool:, Vagabond :nuts, Liar Game :tem, Bleach :bored and Naruto :oh.

I'm going to start reading DGM or Black Butler soon! :)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Was Jisatsu Circle any good? I've been meaning to read it.

Re-read Bokurano, re-reading Hallucinations From the Womb. Everything by Kitoh are must read, those two are particularly amazing.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,053
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

This is what I'm currently reading. In no particular order...
  • Bleach
  • One Piece
  • Psyren
  • Gantz
  • Ubel Blatt
  • Cross Game (because of anime)
  • Kimi ni Todoke (because of anime)
  • ID /re-read(Manhwa) :eyeroll
What I'm going read next /catch up are: Zetman and Guyver.
 
Last edited:

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Was Jisatsu Circle any good? I've been meaning to read it.
It's alright I guess, not very memorable though.

Reading Drifting Classroom volume 3.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Started Yotsubato!
It's great,going to buy the volumes on saturday
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

It's alright I guess, not very memorable though.
That's disappointing to hear. Had an interesting premise. May still read it at some point.


Started Yotsubato!
It's great,going to buy the volumes on saturday
Yotsubato! is really fun. Enjoy! Make sure to read Azumanga Daioh also. Same author, just as funny.

I'm going to read Push Man next.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Yotsubato! is really fun. Enjoy! Make sure to read Azumanga Daioh also. Same author, just as funny.

I'm going to read Push Man next.
Yeah i know,i allready have it on my "going to read" list^^
And since they are released in my country,i will buy the volumes.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

I'm currently finishing up with Homunculus. Thanks to Kaiten, as always, for the rec! I liked it so much that I blew through the first 8 volumes in practically no time. :XD Will catch up later this evening. After that, I'm planning on reading Blame! :amuse
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

A good one that's not written in my sig? :amuse
 

slippy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Homunculus is awesome, i need to catch up on it sometime.
 

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
456
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Besides the ones that I was reading, through quite some time, I ,also, added on my list, about two months ago, HSD Kenichi, and it has been a week now I´ve completed to read Mahou Sensei Negima.
 

~FrienD~

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

picked up vagabond-is this series ongoing or over?
caught up with kekaishi
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

Vagabond is ongoing but it's going to end this year.

I'm going to read both Haco-(oneshot) and Lock On! as the scans gradually appear since Loack On! is the new WSJ series.
My sig is from Chii's Sweet Home, a manga that has every page in color, cute and funny series for all cat lovers.
 
Last edited:

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: What Manga are you currently reading/Going to read next?

my -currently reading list- for ongoings

air gear
beelzebeb
berserk
bleach
claymore
code:breaker
deadman wonderland
d-gray man
fairy tail
fullmetal alchemist
katekyo hitman reborn
naruto
one piece
psyren
samurai deeper kyo
soul eater
vagabond

other than that, im sooooooooooo into houshin engi right now,already finished half the way down in a few days. you should must take a look, its just brilliant -battle of wits- despite its childish looks, you wont believe how deep the story becomes and how well planned everything is --right from the beginning ...and its also hilarious , kinda reminds me of belzeebub where one panel can be dead serious and the next one will crack you up laughing
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top