I wrote this a while ago that the ant king would be the final villain and that gon and killua will be the one to beat him and no one else, but some people said that its impossible for them to beat him cause they'r not that powerful.
And I freakin told them that all gon and killua need is to go over extreme emotional and they'll get their powerups and here it comes......
imagining gon and killua at the level of netero and the ant king is not a huge miracle like some guys were saying earlier, these are our protagonists for god's sake, they are bound to get powerful than them sooner or later, granted both are not at their level right now, but it's pretty much expected that they will be.
I highly doubt it. Judging from the spoiler I am convinced that YES, Gon is now probably able to put up a very decent fight with Pitou, still my guess is that ultimately Pitou will have the upper hand regardless, I think the climatic turning point emerges when Killua arrives.
IMO no matter how angry Gon is right now, he is still no where near King's level. Yes, if he trained hard enough for long enough one day he would maybe (though still unlikely) to be life-threateningly strong to King, but I still doubt it. Gon can be a super kid, Killua can also be a super kid. They can form a super team, but the King is now just a newborn, and the guy can consume aura by eating people, and if Gon trains to be stronger through time, I think King will only grow stronger.
IMO, Gon's reaction is really freaky, but King's all blacked-out face when he was holding the wounded Komugi was equally scary, if not scarier.
Having the protagonist training/pissed off then become super strong seems to be the staple for most main stream shouen manga, but come on, it's played out - Goku (vs. Freeza), Gohan (vs. Cell - one of the most classic moment of my time), Yousuke (vs. 120% and Sensui), Naruto... it's very captivating, but it can be lame.
I think his anger transform his aura in a black one and she is consume him .
(guess from the picture)
I don't think Pitou is consuming Gon's aura, instead it's the reverse; it looks like Gon's aura is absorbing the surrounding energy, even Pitou's. That long black thing seems to be Gon's hair, it looks like Gon's going through some physical transformation.