Life Job

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
For all people who happens to read this thread and are already working full time... do you love your job? Is your job only a means to pay your bills, or is it part of your passion?
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
For all people who happens to read this thread and are already working full time... do you love your job? Is your job only a means to pay your bills, or is it part of your passion?
as far as i know , most people dont get jobs to meet their passion , i think of it more like a way to get paid .
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
If modding MH counts as a full time volunteer job, then yes, I love my job :3

If not... then I love my two part-time jobs as well :shakefist

And to answer the 2nd question, the part-time jobs have a nice pay and I love it so, both :-)
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
You say full-time...but I only have a part-time and I'm gonna answer anyway ;)

I don't love my job, but it gives me just enough money to party and be able to hang out with my friends and girlfriend properly...so I like it.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I only have a part time but I do full time at saturdays. I only do it for the money so I don't need to ask my parents.

But in the future when I finish my studies I hope to get a job I like.
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
what i would like to do , is ralax at home blogging and get paid a 200,000 dollars a year , so anything i do aside than that would be inconvenient .
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm happy at my PT job. The pay is good, I get along really well with everybody and they all love me. I got promoted three times; they employed me as a cashier/sales assistant, became a supervisor in no time and now I'm currently the section manager! F**k yeah!

I hated my first pt job though....:scry
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ooh, section manager. What a flashy title :amuse

Working in a food chain/chain of stores or something?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Department store. :smugbunny

It's going well for me right now. I'll be working more hours during the summer now so I can repay these f*****g student loans. XD

I wanna get a new car as well. :crying
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I would like to work in a store but for most people I'm to young for that :( so for now I distribute flyes to people who pass by and also put flyers in mailboxes.

But I was talking to a friend of mine and maybe I'll geat a new job one that I actually like. And I will still earn the same amount of money.

I'll transport and set up the equipments for bands from the studio to the place they are going to play and I also get to see free live shows whenever I want. Then I can buy a new guitar and amplifier :)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I like my part-time job(hospitality and waiting) because it takes us to some great venues and I get to meet some interesting people who become friends. The pay is alright but the way the economy is at the moment, I'm not moaning.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm a lawer.:)
I don't think my job is my passion, but it's alright. May be it'll become it some day.:)
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
^ :blink ooo, Lawyer is cool!
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Yes:) Though there are too much lawyers in my country, so it's rather difficult to achieve good job with good salary.:)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I work part time at a book store while I'm back in school to get a foreign relations degree. Book store sounds fun but it's still retail, it's not a place I look forward to going to.
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
only do work experiance coz at uni but still get payed

dunno if other countries have the magazine i do work experiance at but it called Front-http://www.frontarmy.com/

i do page layouts and arrange text n image. I do Graphic Design at uni so it fits perfectly
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Yes:) Though there are too much lawyers in my country, so it's rather difficult to achieve good job with good salary.:)
there's a shortage of lawyers in my area but same difficulty in getting a good salary :(

hmm, some days i love my job. Others, it's a mean to earn enough money so that i can comfortably move to something else :) Dream job? Host a travel and food show. Getting paid to travel and eat, now that's something to look forward to every day :)
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Uhm. Had 5-6 different full time jobs in my short life so far hah. And of course I had them cuz it's my passion. No, joke aside, the one or the other were quiet ok, while the others were not. All of them were ment to pay my bills.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I started working two weeks ago for 40hrs a week (including 2,5hrs breaks a week as it's 30 minutes a day). Working from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm in a chocolate factory as a production assistant, which means mainly to work at an assembly line stacking things, storage stuff, transporting supplies and so on.

Well, I'm 19 and finished school this summer but didn't have a university this year yet as I only applyed for medicine. Gonna try it for engineering, chemistry, biology and medicine next year so I'll definitly start studying next winter.
Thus I searched for a job for 1) money 2) expierence of how work is.

It's pretty damn tiring but it's a nice loan given the fact that I'll only work until next february and this job requires no qualification at all (9,33€/hour). It's also a very potent appeal to definitly do a nice job at university as I could never imagine to work this way for years!
The fact that it's a job without any intellectual requirements makes it reaalllyyy boring while it's putting quite some strain on my body so it's really just waiting for the day to end. So I keep my head busy with thinking about anything, such as calculating how much chocolate goes into a palette without looking at the lable at the box (which I did pretty precisely as I turned out to estimate 130kg for a 129kg palette :D)

It's quite nice to have the job though. Earning some money while it's a nice training for my body, it's definitly burning a lot of calories which is quite nice after having done pretty much nothing since finishing school :P Also training feet, legs, lower and upper back, biceps, shoulders, lower arms and hands xD
 
Last edited:

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
419
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm a director at a business magazine. Not particularly my scene if you get my drift. Any love I had for Journalism died some two years ago. I'm only here until I find something else. Such is the reason I've gone back to school so as to persue other avenues. Hoping things will be better the second time around.
 
Top