Baroque Works vs. Impel Down Staff

Can Baroque Works Beat Impel Down And Save Ace

  • Draw/Tie

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw/Tie but they still save Ace

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    33

St Michael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
166
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I assume you mean this: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/535/04/

Well Luffy's attacks aren't something anyone can plainly take and walk away with, even Garp got blood all over his face from Luffy's punch. Even then, Magellan only took one knee for a moment, and then proceeded to take a double jet pistol without showing any sign of damage.
Luffy is really strong , I'm not foolish enough to pretend he's not.

I'm just saying that Magellan isn't immune to damage , even those inflicted by a 17 years old rookie.
He IS beatable , maybe not in 1 on 1 , but we are not talking about a fair fight here.
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Luffy is really strong , I'm not foolish enough to pretend he's not.

I'm just saying that Magellan isn't immune to damage , even those inflicted by a 17 years old rookie.
He IS beatable , maybe not in 1 on 1 , but we are not talking about a fair fight here.
And as I said, Whitebeard isn't immune to damage either, that doesn't mean that Baroque Works can beat him and that's what this is about, not if Magellan can be beaten. Obviously he can be because he lost round two with the Blackbeard Pirates.

I'm not saying Magellan is immune to damage, I'm saying he's a lot tougher than anything that Baroque Works can dish out. Yes, a jet bazooka made him take a knee and pause for a few seconds. That same jet bazooka broke through the strongest tekkai of a mid-ranked CP9 member and knocked him unconscious. A hit from Mr. 5 wouldn't make him blink.
 

St Michael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
166
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I wasn't expecting Mr5 to do well against the warden anyway :p

However , a desert spada in the chest or a 3 tons bat shot behind the head ..

And I was thiking about something , is Magellan's poison unlimited ? Or does he have to "reload" ? :D

That can be a weakness to exploit.
 

frontaLobotomy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
306
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think their powers ever run out, that's the whole thing about Devil Fruits. The user becomes whatever it is they have eaten. Magellan may not be able to spam his hydra indefinately, as he would succumb to fatigue eventually, but could easily walk around with a body covered in poison, and breathe out poisonous gas for as long as he desired.

I'm starting to think that the only reason the Blackbeard Pirates were able to beat this guy, without any of their crew getting killed, was through the use of Kairoseki. Teach may be able to nab him with Kurouzu, but I get the feeling Magellan has enough mastery of his fruit to have been able to take out his nakama before getting beat down.
 

RezzieThaRapper

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
867
Reaction score
406
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think BB Pirates beat Magallen because of Shiryuu... he worked with Magellan a long time... he knew where to exploit his weakness IMO


Also within this scenario, what if Baroque Works get's the same Allies as Luffy did... you know Jimbei, Iwa, Inuzuma, Buggy, Prisoners, and Okamas
 
Last edited:

St Michael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
166
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't think their powers ever run out, that's the whole thing about Devil Fruits. The user becomes whatever it is they have eaten. Magellan may not be able to spam his hydra indefinately, as he would succumb to fatigue eventually, but could easily walk around with a body covered in poison, and breathe out poisonous gas for as long as he desired.
Why is he eating poison so ? Considering that it gives him serious trouble (bathroom thing) , it have to be necessary at some point.

@ Rezzie : I think that they would do as well as in the manga : they can't fight Magellan anyway , just run to the exit.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Well, as himself said, he loves eat poison
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think BB Pirates beat Magallen because of Shiryuu... he worked with Magellan a long time... he knew where to exploit his weakness IMO
<hr noshade size="1">
Also within this scenario, what if Baroque Works get's the same Allies as Luffy did... you know Jimbei, Iwa, Inuzuma, Buggy, Prisoners, and Okamas
I don't think Iva or Jimbei would join Croc. They only joined Luffy for Dragon and Ace/Whitebeard.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/540/19/
 

St Michael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
166
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yeah you're probably right on that one.

Actually the more I think about it , the more it seems obvious to me that BW wouldn't try to infiltrate ID like Luffy did.

If they could overcome the Calm Belt problem , they would put agent there and there within the marines outside ID (like they did with alabasta guards and rebels) and attack when Ace is given to the VA.

But again , it would requires some times ..
 

RezzieThaRapper

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
867
Reaction score
406
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know I just reread the impel down arc... and it appears that Crocodile actually did not really even fight Magellan so the basis of the Crocodile can't beat Magellan arguments I just cannot see...

Even when Magellan released his deadliest poison Jinbei and Crocodile were out on the marine ships trying to get a boat... Who knows if Crocodile is actually weaker than Magellan

But then again your all entitled to your Speculation
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know I just reread the impel down arc... and it appears that Crocodile actually did not really even fight Magellan so the basis of the Crocodile can't beat Magellan arguments I just cannot see...

Even when Magellan released his deadliest poison Jinbei and Crocodile were out on the marine ships trying to get a boat... Who knows if Crocodile is actually weaker than Magellan

But then again your all entitled to your Speculation
Yes, he didn't fight Magellan because he was too busy running from him.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/11/
 

OunknownO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
312
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Magellan would overrun them in matter of seconds, and for the rest who escape there is Hannyabal, bulgoris, 4 awakened zoan's, wild beasts, Sadi-chan and Shiryuu.
 
Last edited:

frontaLobotomy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
306
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Crocodile would lose fairly quickly to Magellan. His poison would act in the same way water does to Croc's Logia power, taking away his advantage. Running away really is all you can do in Impel Down.
 

RezzieThaRapper

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
867
Reaction score
406
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think that they can free Ace before it's time to transfer him... once Ace is free, I think they'd take out Magellan pretty quickly and swiftly...

But the only way for them to make it to Level 6 is to at least beat Magellan out of Commission for at least a minute or two... and I think that Mr. 1 won't let Crocodile die... He'd probably sacrifice himself and take a full helping of poison, but I think that steel drill attack would do some sufficient damage.

And if the fight is on level 4, Crocodile probably could use that sandstorm attack to blast Magellan into a pool of blood
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Crocodile would lose fairly quickly to Magellan. His poison would act in the same way water does to Croc's Logia power, taking away his advantage. Running away really is all you can do in Impel Down.
Crocodile's weaknesses are liquids but Crocodile is also able to dry any liquid. That means Crocodile can also stop Magellan.
 
Top