- Joined
- Mar 12, 2009
- Messages
- 157
- Reaction score
- 35
- Age
- 35
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Does no one remember how bland Usopp's backstory was?
I mean come on
I mean come on
No way, losing my mother would be a huge blow to me especially if I were that small. It's fascinating that Usopp is as lively as he was/is. However, his flashback was not as long or developed as chopper, robin, brooke or franky. It was very early in the manga, even before nami. So, I feel it was not as good as the recent SW crew.usopp past was not tragic in comparison to the others
I assumed that NEARLY starving to death once is not more tragic than having someone close to you die, or everyone for that matter.I cried for Robin's, mostly with Saul.
I assume you have never nearly starved to death.
Nearly starving to death, losing everyone you know on an attack, being stuck on a deserted island with no hope of rescue (and completely alone, since Zeff refused to talk to him). Sanji's past was more of a test of will, and he managed to survive thanks to the kindness of the very man who put him into the situation, it may not be as 'tragic' but it was not by any means easy.I assumed that NEARLY starving to death once is not more tragic than having someone close to you die, or everyone for that matter.
So yea it seems to me that Sanji had it the easiest out of all the straw hats.
Nearly starving to death, losing everyone you know on an attack, being stuck on a deserted island with no hope of rescue (and completely alone, since Zeff refused to talk to him). Sanji's past was more of a test of will, and he managed to survive thanks to the kindness of the very man who put him into the situation, it may not be as 'tragic' but it was not by any means easy.
Compared to a kid who lost his mom, and despite having a town full of people of potential friends, decides to be an asshole and purposely prank and annoy all the said townspeople to the point where they chase him out of town. Usopp had it the easiest, because his situation was brought upon himself, all of the other members of the crew had their early lives ruined by forces outside of their own control.
Usopp didn't annoy them, they cared about him.Nearly starving to death, losing everyone you know on an attack, being stuck on a deserted island with no hope of rescue (and completely alone, since Zeff refused to talk to him). Sanji's past was more of a test of will, and he managed to survive thanks to the kindness of the very man who put him into the situation, it may not be as 'tragic' but it was not by any means easy.
Compared to a kid who lost his mom, and despite having a town full of people of potential friends, decides to be an asshole and purposely prank and annoy all the said townspeople to the point where they chase him out of town. Usopp had it the easiest, because his situation was brought upon himself, all of the other members of the crew had their early lives ruined by forces outside of their own control.
I'll admit your argument has more merit, but this was just rude.so plz sit there and tell me that you would prefer going through what Usopp went through and not what Sanji went through. If you can tell me that then go and apologize to your mother, tell her that you would rather have her die than you ALMOST starving to death.
I'll admit your argument has more merit, but this was just rude.
that's a pretty good point.Um... Shouldn't Zoro be a candidate for "easiest" backstory? I think most of us have lost a close childhood friend...
S'all goodyeah....... now that i think about it, it was a bit rude. I apologize for that, kinda got caught up in the moment. i'm sorry about that one.