Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

The problem is that Yabuki wasn't really in as much control as we think. Remember: he went into To-Love as an artist, not as the writer and artist like he was in Black Cat. Therefore the writer seems just as much, if not more, at fault probably with the horrible direction To-Love went into after the first year. I doubt it would have really become a battle manga but somehow if Yabuki had a bit more control of his life that the series wouldn't have just collapsed after the first year from a "nice romance series with fanservice" to "fanservice-mania".
That was a point I wanted to bring up. The only seed of doubt in my mind regarding Yabuki's assumed small role in the planning of the series is that Hasemi Saki was a former assistant of Yabuki's, so he could have had a more mentor-like role then an artist-author team that had no prior working relationship. This is all conjecture obviously.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Even when Lock On! began to be ranked, it wasn't doing that poorly. Now it's faltering and (unfortunately for me) I wouldn't be surprised if it got cut.

Naruto getting a break off before its 500th anniversary? :blink I guess that's better than having the 500th and then taking a break.

I'm kind of worried for Gintama. It's been in the bottom several times lately.
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about Gintama. I surmise it has a bit to do with the fact that the Japanese seem to dislike serious arcs, (though I'd like to see where chapters 310 and 311 get ranked.) and the fact that it's anime is gone. With the current events of the manga, I sort of see Gintama pulling an FMA next year or the year after, where Sunrise ends the anime maybe a month after Sorachi ends the manga. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're in talks about story pacing and what not.

Besides, the Shinsengumi haven't done much as of late, which is another reason why Gintama has been hanging out at the bottom. As much as I'd like to say that the series has evolved to a point where the Yorozuya can act without the Shinsengumi around, it seems that this isn't the case. (Not that I don't love the Shinsengumi too.)
 

Waveblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
673
Reaction score
1,092
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

About the Psyren light novel, is this instead of a chapter or both?
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

There will be a chapter, they will give more information in detail and when you can purchase the novel. It's not going to be in Jump.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

They will probably publish the first few chapters of the light novel in Jump before moving it to another publication. Like Akiyama said, they will be in addition to chapters.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

#29 (21/06) :


Toriko (Cover & Lead Color)
Naruto
Bleach
Beelzebub
Kateikyôshi Hitman Reborn!
Psyren (Color)
Metallica Metalluca
Shonen Shikku
Sket Dance
Bakuman
Nurarihyon no Mago
Hôkenshitsu no Shinigami
Murata Yûsuke / Minds (One Shot, Color, 47p)
Kochi Kame
Kuroko no Basket
Inumaru Dashi
Gintama
Medaka Box
Lock-on
Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan
Jaguar
One piece (Absent)

#30 (28/06) :
Bleach (Lead Color)
Gintama (Color)
Medaka Box (23p, Color)

Inagaki Riichiro & Ponjea/ Kiba & Kiba (One Shot, Color, 47p)
Naruto (Absent)
The new series and the removal of certain factors (no OP, Toriko and Psyren colors) seem to skew the results for the actual listings IMHO. I guess since I'm still not sure if they're ranked yet or not, it would probably be like this:
1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. Beezle (nice week)
4. Reborn
5. Sket
6. Bakuman
7. Mago
8. Shinigami (dead middle...guess it shows how far it's come)
9. KochiKame
10. Kuroko
11. Inumaru
12. Gintama
13. Medaka
14. Lock
15. Yotsuya
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

I don't care for most of the top but its nice to see Sket Dance make a jump into the number 5 spot. Bakuman coming right after it is very good too. Beelzebub had 2 great weeks in a row it seems.

*Is happy to see Medaka get extra pages on top of color*
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

This is a good week for me. Reborn, Sket Dance (yay!) and Bakuman are doing well. :) I quite like the Toriko cover. It's really colourful and bright.

Since there are two series that have yet to be ranked plus a one-shot, I guess it does mess things around a bit.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

This could be the perfect TOC IMO if not for gintama being so low.
 

Foundway

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Poor Yotsuya and Lock On. Again so low :( very frustrating.
But great Belze and Shinigami are very high.
By the way does anyone know when is the next cancellation meeting?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

By the way does anyone know when is the next cancellation meeting?
I think we can expect new series somewhere in mid july - mid august

Mostly when new series are rated for 3-4 issues then axes are ready to be gone afterwards
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

478 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2010/06/21(月) 00:57:50 ID:uGIb10f70
スマンが明日で
ドベは6と4だったかと
There is no koneta today.
 

Sama_al_Azraq

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
485
Reaction score
408
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

6=Roku=Lock on
4=Yotsu=Yotsuya
It says Lock on and Yotsuya is in the bottom.
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

shame Yotsuya ranked so low...though its good to see Bakuman and Mago on the right side of the middle.

I still hope Jump axes Medaka, shit like that doesn't deserve to be serialized, let alone run for a freaking year >__<
 

chusetto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
224
Reaction score
672
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

I still hope Jump axes Medaka, shit like that doesn't deserve to be serialized, let alone run for a freaking year >__<
But... Medaka Box is NisiOisiN's... the same author of the series you have in both your sign and avatar... O_O
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

But... Medaka Box is NisiOisiN's... the same author of the series you have in both your sign and avatar... O_O
yes I realize this irony lol. Though just because I like one of his characters doesn't mean I'd like all his works

I do admit that I enjoyed Kizumonogatari/Bakemonogatari but I can't say I was pleased with Medaka since it just seemed like he was messing around when he wrote it. Maybe I'm missing the point of the parody elements but if I wanted a half-hearted attempt at a shounen from him, I would watch Katanagatari
 

chusetto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
224
Reaction score
672
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Seems reasonable... However, I don't think Medaka lasts much time...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

658 : ◆EizHb38XPU :10/06/22 02:32 ID:TRVNMPSg
小ネタ
・録音out
・30ドベ5録音、四谷、PSY、銀、いぬ
・in31~杉たん SWOT
  32~堀越 逢魔ヶ刻動物園
・31Cぬらり
Issue 30 Bottom 5:
Inumaru
Gintama
Psyren
Yotsuya
Lock On (out)

Issue 31:
Lead CP: SWOT (New Series) by Sugita Naoya (author of Zan)
CP: Nurarihyon

Issue 32:
Lead CP: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (New Series) by Horikoshi Kouhei
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

hell yeah

Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (New Series) by Horikoshi Kouhei

the rabbit manga, the rabbit and zoo manga :confetti :confetti

the one shot gave me a great impression. I look forward to it.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

So no color for Naruto's 500th chapter?D:

I guess it will come at a later point,but it would still be nice to get them now to make up for the absence...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top