Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The games yesterday weren't impressive, I knew Brazil and Portugal were gonna draw; their defensive play throughout the tournament so far was predicting it. So many cards in the 1st half of that match.

I really do think England will beat Germany in 90mins, and they really should but we all know the English -_-,.

@Evil: South Korea lose 4-0??? that won't happen, they could actually beat Uruguay.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I’m so happy that all my South American teams made it to the next stage. :) Now I hope all of them that don’t have to face each other also pass to the round of 8.

And if things stay the same (please, please stay the same), Uruguay has won against South Korea and has become the first team to classify to the next stage . Yay!
 
Last edited:

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And things stayed the same. Yeah!
I'm glad to see Uruguay doing well again. This increases my hope to see a rematch in Maracana in 2014.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Pepe got bullied by the Brazilians throughout the whole game yesterday lol. :XD The slow-motion replays of Pepe getting "tackled" by some of the players were so funny. He was screaming his head off most of the time towards the ref.

I'm devastated that Portugal didn't win the game. I think the WC would've been much more entertaining if Brazil were the runner up of Group G. Dammit. :darn

What a goal by Suarez to seal the victory for Uruguay, hey? South Korea lost. :scry *Unlucky Park...13*
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,320
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think England is going to win against germany.... Both teams have been a disappointment but at least Germany has shown to have more structure and a more potent offense overall. I see USA winning against ghana although I can't say the difference between the two is so great that ghana can't surprise us. Mexico has a decent shot at argentina... Definitely the hardest match argentina will have played so far. Argentina has probably the most potent offense around, yet mexico as a team works better.... Not sure about this one... Perhaps I'd lean towards argentina and the individual play of each player.... Netherland should win against slovakia IMO.... Shouldn't be a hard game for them given everything. Brazil should win against Chile... CHile is good and a lot of players can play in many positions which means a rotation of players in the field gives them versatility but in turn Brazil has a brutal defense and an offense about as strong as argentinas... Uruguays victory against korea was to be expected IMO although the koreans do deserve some praise for making it so far and almost changing the score. Of course, that was probably due to the poor decision of changing uruguays strategy to a defensive one. Paraguay should win against Japan IMO. Japan has certainly surprised us but I would lean towards paraguay being the better overall team. Spain and portugal should be a great match. I'd lean towards portugal solely due to spain never really doing much in the world cup even though they always have a great team and the actual favorite never wins (unless the favorite is brazil)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Paraguay to beat Japan!? Paraguay may have a lot of experienced players (European, club-level) but Japan imo have been one of the best performing teams in this WC. I'm going to be rooting for them; they deserve to go at least one more step into the QF's.

Santa Cruz made a significant difference to the team's overall playing style in their previous game, he'll definitely be the one that Japan must keep an eye on.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Speaking of emotions, U.S. vs Ghana was the best until now.

Surprisingly, I have found myself cheering for U.S. like crazy. That team deserved to be acknowledged in its country (also the football), they were warriors in this WC and I respect them for it.

On other hand, Ghana continues and it is good for african people because they still have a team that represents themselves.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I really liked Ayew's play on this match. I hadn't paid much attention to Ghana's matches on the first round.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Ghana have a great chance in becoming the first african team to the semi's. I hope they dont mess up like Senegal in 02 though.

Heh, found this article about the England vs Germany game amusing. Love the bit about Heskeys middle name. Ivanhoe? Who would have thought it. :p As for the game, I am a bit more confident, it was not that long ago we beat them in berlin with our second XI. However friendlys are different i suppose. -_-;
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ghana have a great chance in becoming the first african team to the semi's. I hope they dont mess up like Senegal in 02 though.

Heh, found this article about the England vs Germany game amusing. Love the bit about Heskeys middle name. Ivanhoe? Who would have thought it. :p As for the game, I am a bit more confident, it was not that long ago we beat them in berlin with our second XI. However friendlys are different i suppose. -_-;
I used to think you knew it all Imperium, let me down greatly. I found out about that years ago, that's how I knew any potential people saw in him would never materialise.

I'm so glad Ghana have won, I hope they carry their country's and the continent's flag as far as they can. They can cause some real upsets in the coming round if they keep it together. but I doubt it.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Holy shit I can't wait for today's match :omg
Hope it's gonna be a nice one. deutschland.. Deutschland... DEUTSCHLAND!!!:D :shakefist
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Klose tied with Pele in WC goals! 12 for each o.o
Ronaldo, the top scorer, has 15. Klose still can do it in this wc

@Imperium
Very nice article :XD Especially the 'Land of hope and (nickname) glory' :p


OMG!!
Payback for 66 :XD
What a game!
 
Last edited:

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Saitzor it is payback, England's goal that "crossed the line" contributed to winning the world cup, and it has just hit england back
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
VI-CO-RYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :shakefist:shakefist

awesome match :hug first half was amazing and so was the second.. partly ^^
Sorry for England because of the annulled 2:2 though, but this is the payback for 66, indeed:P

Argentina.. we are ready for ya :D
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
It was enjoyable up until the first goal went in. It went downhill from there. :oh Its a shame but not undeserved, with France and Italy we have been incredibly shit in this tournament and that was just another performance. It will be interesting to see how much more pressure is put on Blatter for goal line technology though. Our ridiculous media is good those kind of things.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany


That was a verrrrrrrrrrry entertaining match, loved it <3

Wheeee....
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hate those retarded referees:notrust

Every single person on the world saw it,with the exception of blind people and the 4 referees...

I think the game could've been better with that goal,but oh well...
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So... Argentina 2x0 Mexico.
Not sure what was the most awesome moment:
Tevez goal 1m in offside or Heinze celebrating the second goal and slapping the camera who hit him :XD
The defender who gave higuain an assistence should be mentioned too
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I enjoyed watching Argetina vs. Mexico so much!! :) I was rooting for Argentina so of course I’m super happy they won.
Lionel Messi, the playmaker,…what an amazing football player he is, IMHO. :cool: But I don’t know if the Jabulani doesn’t like him or what but, if I'm not mistaken, he hasn’t made a single goal yet, right? And he so deserves to make at least one goal in this WC. Now…Argentina vs. Germany…what a game awaits us next week!!! Two great of the football world against each other! I’m really looking forward to that game.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Jupp jupp, me too. Regardless of the outcome, I hope for a fantastic match. Definitly gonna go public viewing in my uni town for this \o/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top