Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

DrTopo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
46
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

cool. I was thinking it was awfully quiet over here if Vagabond has only one more year going. So if #292 shows up, we'll have 3 issues to check at once. Thanks.

(And yeah, the watermark is a bit over the top.)
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

So does anybody know what happened to raw paradise? Everytime I try to visit, it forwards me to Shueisha's japanese website...
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

^You can get the answer in this thread
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

I deeply regret reading Vagabond ... Now that I cought up, I have to endure all this painful waiting.
God I hate this.
 

SuperShuter

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
85
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

has 292 been scanlated?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

No, the raw hasn't shown up yet so we just have to wait until someone scans it. It might take until the tank comes out...
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

lol, Onemanga suspended Vagabond like they did with Gantz.
I think one day they will stop releasing Edited Mangas for Seinen series.

Anyway, I guess this will be the final fight in the manga. So, he's planning on keeping his word and ending it this year.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

lol, Onemanga suspended Vagabond like they did with Gantz.
I think one day they will stop releasing Edited Mangas for Seinen series.
Well, according to their post, they just suspended all mature manga at the moment so they can sort out which ones could be considered pornographic. Then the ones that aren't will be returned. Vagabond will be fine, they have shown like what, two pairs of boobs during the whole manga with only very brief sex scenes.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

Well, according to their post, they just suspended all mature manga at the moment so they can sort out which ones could be considered pornographic. Then the ones that aren't will be returned. Vagabond will be fine, they have shown like what, two pairs of boobs during the whole manga with only very brief sex scenes.
Thank you.
I didn't pay attention to their post. If it's about pornographic content, I agree with you because Vagabond is way too clean comparing it to other series out there.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 292 Discussion

Wow, this was actually a really good chapter.

Though it wasn't all that necessary for the actual plot, it gave so much more depth to the couple he is staying with. They just seemed like bland characters who weren't quite that important when I was reading through 293-295 without having read this chapter. But after reading it, wow, in just one chapter I really felt bad for these people and their children. It wasn't just super in-depth, but it gave just enough to were it didn't start to get annoying imo.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

Finished up 296 and it seems like when the final fight between Kojiro and Mushashi actually happens that Mushashi will be the villain in the eyes of anybody who might hear about the fight or see it happen (Inoue will take a few liberties with the story like he already has more than likely). So if Mushashi wins like he does in the original story, I'm sure he won't be looked at favorably by any townsfolk Kojiro has encounter, especially the ones he just met, but he will probably be respected by samurai and other warriors in the area who knew him.
 

Aquarius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

Well, that was expected. Musashi planned his arrival at Ganryu Island at the tide change time, so that he would both come and leave faster to/from there, mostly in order to avoid Kojiro's angry followers in case he'd win. I guess this is what is being set up now in Vagabond.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

hee. I just read 296. Kojiro is <3. I never had the animosity toward Kojiro, and anyone who's around him probably feels the same way.

I agree Dermie, Inoue's probably building to that. Like White vs. Black, Yin vs. Yang kinda thing. Coz Musashi just rubs people the wrong way sometimes, as opposed to Kojirou.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

I was rereading Vagabond from chapter 1, and was paying more attention to Inoue's art style.

I noticed that since it was so detailed, and so few tones used, does he ever do the manga with assistants or does he do everything himself?
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

I just finished the manga...it's really a top notch creation from every artistic point of view I can think of...this is really something worth reading...
I don't think we are getting close to this famous duel...if Inoue will remain truth to Musashi's life and to his earlier introduced characters, then Gonnosuke will fight Musashi first, and maybe Inoue will show the rumored rematch between the two...only after that against Koujiro

But this chapter was Koujiro's I alwasy like when he's around, it feels like he's dancing or something
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

I just finished the manga...it's really a top notch creation from every artistic point of view I can think of...this is really something worth reading...
I don't think we are getting close to this famous duel...if Inoue will remain truth to Musashi's life and to his earlier introduced characters, then Gonnosuke will fight Musashi first, and maybe Inoue will show the rumored rematch between the two...only after that against Koujiro

But this chapter was Koujiro's I alwasy like when he's around, it feels like he's dancing or something
We'll the reason we think he's going to skip over the Gonnosuke fight is because he announced earlier this year that Vagabond would end by the end of 2010. Whether he holds true to his promise remains to be seen, but if he does, I just don't see how he can fit that in and still give enough time to the final Mushashi x Kojiro fight.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

so then you guys don't think he'll reveal any 9-year gap?

of course I want to see the duel so badly, but I'm not opposed to seeing what Musashi did in that 9 years too.

I don't know shit about history, so I don't know if Musashi and Kojiro end up in Kakura, living their own lives for 9 years there as instructors before dueling off, of if they'll duel immediately the moment Musashi steps in Kakura.
 
Top