Discussion Does Davy Jones exist in One Piece?

(Read the thread b4 u answer) Does Davy Jones exist in One Piece?

  • Yes, he does exist in One Piece and we will see him.

    Votes: 60 43.2%
  • Yes, he does exist in One Piece but I don't think that we will see him.

    Votes: 31 22.3%
  • No, he doesn't exist.

    Votes: 32 23.0%
  • I don't know.

    Votes: 16 11.5%

  • Total voters
    139

Foxdie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
83
Gender
Male
Country
Syria
Hello everyone ..

We all remember Foxy, the Silver Fox .. right?!
He always used to use Davy Back Fight to win against others .. and that is a confirmation of the existing of the Great Pirate "Davy Jones".

Link 1
Link 2

So IMO, I think we will see Great Pirate Davy Jones coming from the water and attacking SHs (Great foe for Luffy) and Pirate's Paradice Island in the new world ..

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?
 

darkfiend

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I could imagine it happening, although i think davy jones is a little too overused these days with pirate of the carribean etc.
 

Uzumaki_10

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Maybe Davy Jones his Dead... maybe we will see Foxy become a legend of Davy Back Fight ... Ehehehe
 

Foxdie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
83
Gender
Male
Country
Syria
I could imagine it happening, although i think davy jones is a little too overused these days with pirate of the carribean etc.
Yeah ,,, that's true ..
but I think it will take five great years of One Piece's Manga to reach Davy's arc, Until that time .. almost everyone will consider this character very interesting like they've never seen him before. ^^
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
He existed long ago, but is dead now.
 

ScratchmenApoo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
490
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
Why isn't there an option for "He did exist but he is dead now" :/
 

Foxdie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
83
Gender
Male
Country
Syria
Why isn't there an option for "He did exist but he is dead now" :/
Well, sorry I forgot :)

OK, so you think that he did exist and he is dead now :oh. I guess SH crew will find something leads to his treasure for example?

Also, why Oda-sensei added Foxy arc to the Manga, while everything he mentioned is really important to the story at some point ?!
 
Last edited:

LeKuaSimi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
104
Reaction score
25
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Davy Jones the Crew Stealer is too dangerous IMHO.. He will leave Luffy without a crew for good, so he is probably dead by now.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think it's something important at some point, now that we will find out more about the New World.

Something about Davy Jones will be revealed later as I see it. But could be just a mention of how the pirates work on One Piece.
 

Foxdie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
83
Gender
Male
Country
Syria
Oh :blink

I forgot to mention that maybe when SHs crew will see Davy Jones, they all will think that he is a Yojinto (fisherman)..



of course he won't be smiler to this creature .. but Oda's imagination is beyond the sea, so we will see a great adventure :)
And I should not forget the Flying Dutchman (his ship). It is a ghost ship >> reminds me of the thrill park arc :p
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sounds like a viable candidate for the unnamed Yonkou.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with RichardMNixon! :thumbs

I doubt he would be called Davy Jones. He might have a slightly different name.
 

superman97

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
108
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United States
maybe dadan is davy jones, and he chose to eat the water water fruit and is the only person to have underwater powers at the sacrifice that when he goes on land its like having seastone cuffs on.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Sounds like a viable candidate for the unnamed Yonkou.
Hmm... that sounds a good idea.

But somehow I feel that Davy Jones is dead. How would it sounds if Buggy was looking for "Edward Newgate treasure" and Foxy played "Edward Back Fight"?
 

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
If Oda is to use the Idea of Davy Jones.. it would likely be in the historical sense. Davy Jones' Locker was where pirates were cursed to be sent if lost at sea. A creepy way to refer to the bottom of the sea. Davy Jones was a sort of devil of the seas.. Not a real guy. Maybe there's a part of the NW cursed or something.....

I only assume so because Oda seems to sample from history.

I voted no.
 

Foxdie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
83
Gender
Male
Country
Syria
If he is the devil of the seas and we wont see him any more, can someone give an explanation for the appearance of these creatures?



Why I'm getting the feeling that these creatures are followers for DJ? :oh
 
Last edited:

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm expecting him to be in One Piece world. And it won't be bad if he will be one of the Yonkou.
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If he is the devil of the seas and we wont see him any more, can someone give an explanation for the appearance of these creatures?



Why I'm getting this feeling that these creatures are followers for DJ? :oh
Haha, I'd like some explanation for those things, if it turns out that Davy Jones is a guy who can control sea kings, I could see that as a possibility.

I doubt he is a Yonkou, all of them have been named, and I don't think Kaidou or Big mom could be Davy Jones. It's more than likely he is a fishman, since he was described by Robin as an ancient pirate who lives under the sea.
 
Last edited:

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We've had something akin to the locker back at the Thriller Bark arc, where pirate ships (the Rumbar Pirates especially) were cursed and lost at sea for years. Brooke stayed on his crew's ship for 50 years, and if it weren't for the Straw Hats finding him, he'd still be lost at sea.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,284
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, the davy back arc at least made a reference to him. Given that, I'd think he was a real OP pirate but perhaps from a past era.
 
Top