Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I just read AFA was planning on giving maradona the coach position for yet another 4 years.... It's like they enjoy losing....
That was short of shocking to me too when I saw it. Especially considering it seemed like Maradona was going to quit anyways after what he said when they lost to Germany.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
it`s just the AFA, maradona didn`t say anything yet ... I guess they were left behind wishing to see him running naked :fan

Although, if he accepts the offer it`d be for no reason but to clear his steps in this WC by winning the "Copa America".
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!

You have to see Forlan Tsubasa




Well, in all fairness, if there should be mass suicides in Brazil not only if argentina wins but if Brazil does not win at all... I mean, always favorite team to win the WC not winning when playing in their home? Brazil must win... On another note, I did not necessarily dislike dunga but I do hope we see a comeback for the jugo bonito the next WC. Hopefully the Ronaldinho of this decade will appear within the next few years (lets face it, the current ronadinho is going to be old by the next WC).

Well, it happened once and the players from that team were haunted by brazilians =/

But I get satisfaction if we play well like other times, if the jogo bonito comeback. I'd rather lose playing beautiful than win playing ugly because the team that plays beautiful is the one that marks our heart. Brazilian team of 1982 is the prove (Damn you, Paolo Rossi! Fuck!)

We have here some promising boys for 2014:

Neymar - some Santos's fans call him the next Pele, hahaha. But it's overhyped. It just because he plays for Santos and has the same skin color. If I'm not wrong, Robinho was called the next Pele as well... and he is one of our big disappointments.

Paulo Henrique Ganso - simply the current best brazilian player. It's almost a general opinion in the nation. Everyone wanted him in South Africa, we didn't have a player to replace Kaka. But Dunga didn't call him because he wasn't in national team anytime before... in other words, he is inexperienced.

I hope we can count with them in the future.

I can't say I find the idea unapealling...

I know you love us, hermano. Let that darkness in your heart go away, hehe.

Aww, I like Paul the Octopus. I know he's not an actual oracle (although the 100% is pretty impressive) so it's just the entertainment factor that amused me about him. And plus, I would rather have the media focus on an octopus rather than replaying Zidane's headbutt over and over again.

I can't wait to see what Brazil has in store in four years.

That octopus is a bastard, hahaha! But I like him as well, I've liked these unusual characters who eventually become a kind of folklore.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I discovered this thread too late...
Well, we are the champions!
We didn't play as good as EuroCup, but it isn't our fault. Switzerland, Honduras, Portugal and Paraguay were a wall. Two can't play if one doesn't want.We played bad VS Chile due to his pression and VS Holland because of the kicks and that horrible referee. Pretty good second half VS Portugal, the whole match VS Germany and extra time VS Holland

We were favourites, and we won. Pretty difficult (look at Brazil in 2006 or France in 2002)

I have two great happiness after the WC:
1) In this Spanish Golden Age of Sport, we still needed the great vicytory in a World Cup of football. We got it. The circle is closed

2) Spain is the symbol of good football. And is a light of hope to avoid future Dungas (where is thr joga bonito?), van Marjwick's Hollands (Cruyff isn't proud of you) ,catenaccio (where were Pirlo, Cassano, the fantasistas?) or Mourinho style in the Camp Nou. We had the possesion of more than 60% in almost every match. We were the team with more shots and passes. Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta with Fabregas in the bench is they key to success.
And still, we keep the order (0 goals received in the final round of Euro Cup and World Cup).Saint Iker Casillas is always in his place. We still have guts (Puyol) and heart (Ramos).We won the Fair Play Trophy (like last World Cup).

It's nice that great teams like Germany (greatest favourite for next World Cup), or even Argentina a bit also try to play good football and delete the kick and rush, the catenaccio, the "only tall and strong guys can play football", the rugby tactics and the "only victory matters". Welcome to the passing game, the indoor football combinations, the "play the best, not the tallest" and the "There isn't a way to play good football. Good football is the way"
Viva el fútbol y Viva España
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it happened once and the players from that team were haunted by brazilians =/

But I get satisfaction if we play well like other times, if the jogo bonito comeback. I'd rather lose playing beautiful than win playing ugly because the team that plays beautiful is the one that marks our heart. Brazilian team of 1982 is the prove (Damn you, Paolo Rossi! Fuck!)

We have here some promising boys for 2014:

Neymar - some Santos's fans call him the next Pele, hahaha. But it's overhyped. It just because he plays for Santos and has the same skin color. If I'm not wrong, Robinho was called the next Pele as well... and he is one of our big disappointments.

Paulo Henrique Ganso - simply the current best brazilian player. It's almost a general opinion in the nation. Everyone wanted him in South Africa, we didn't have a player to replace Kaka. But Dunga didn't call him because he wasn't in national team anytime before... in other words, he is inexperienced.

I hope we can count with them in the future.
I am not even quite sure why robihno was even called to the national team.... I mean, hasn't him been benched in most of the teams he has played? Clearly not a particularly reliable player...

Can't say I have heard about the other two guys you mention though, I don't really follow brazilian football. Between my country's league, cool champions league games, barca, and copa libertadores cool games, it'd be a tad too much lol.... I do like santos though.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I am not even quite sure why robihno was even called to the national team.... I mean, hasn't him been benched in most of the teams he has played? Clearly not a particularly reliable player...
You are not well informed. Robinho has played an excellent half season in Brazil, where he was returned to Santos on loan by Man City because Mancini didn't count with him and he need minutes. In fact, Robinho has been with Julio Cesar and Maicon the best of Brazil in the World Cup.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
You are not well informed. Robinho has played an excellent half season in Brazil, where he was returned to Santos on loan by Man City because Mancini didn't count with him and he need minutes. In fact, Robinho has been with Julio Cesar and Maicon the best of Brazil in the World Cup.
Well, santos and the world cup are just two examples and I would not really consider them the best.... Wasn't he benched a considerable amount of games when he played in european clubs? Robinho is definitely a good player but from what I have heard, he has hardly been a critical player in many clubs he has played in and there should have been other options...
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Well, santos and the world cup are just two examples and I would not really consider them the best.... Wasn't he benched a considerable amount of games when he played in european clubs? Robinho is definitely a good player but from what I have heard, he has hardly been a critical player in many clubs he has played in and there should have been other options...
Well, I know Robinho quite good, he played here in Real Madrid 3 years.

He is a great player, but not a star. He is fast, is really good technically and doesn't shoot bad. Great qualities. A great player in the left or right wing or placed between the midfield and the striker. But Robinho was very similar to Cristiano Ronaldo a few years ago: he runs, he does bicycles...and then, many times, nothing else.

But this half season and in the World Cup, except the second half VS Holland, where he disappeared, he has improved and is more practical. Now he passes other partners and scores a lot more. He has everything to be a star player. He only needs less fiesta and begin think more in his team and less in him.

Brazil problem in the World Cup
1) Dunga strategy, Julio Cesar and 6 boys always defending, and imagination to score a goal, didn't have a B plan. Very Italian like, avoid receiving goals and trusting in your 3-4 best players. Everything was destroyed when he received two very unlucky goals VS Holland
2) Dunga didn't count with many good players, like Diego, Pato, Ganso, Neymar...just because they don't defend.
Look what could be Brazil next team for next WC, if the coach is offensive:
Julio Cesar--Alves-Thiago Silva-Juan?-Marcelo/Bastos--Melo-Diego-Ganso--Robinho-Pato-Future star Striker.
A 4-3-3, with just Melo defending, Diego and Ganso creating game and 3 star strikers. WC Midfield was Gilberto Silva-Melo-Elano, quite sad.
 
Last edited:

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I just read AFA was planning on giving maradona the coach position for yet another 4 years.... It's like they enjoy losing....
It's all because of politics, the government has been deeply involved with the football authorities after they bought the TV rights. And since Maradona is a popular figure, and idiots like popular idiots, and we have a fair number of idiots in this country, they want to keep him in the national team's bench. Nevermind football. That's why I said the AFA is full of cancer before.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I MISS THE WORLD CUP! It is just not the same waking up every morning knowing its over and we have to wait 4 more years for the next one....
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Don't you have something like an North(- and South)america cup inbetween?

Between worldcup and eurocup are always two years, so I don't have this long wait for another big cup. The eurocup is having basically the same public status as the worldcup over here, everyone is watching and there are flags allover town.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Americans have that Con-blah blah blah tournament with other North American teams I think, but apart from the World Cup, the only international tournaments worth watching are the Euros which is basically the World Cup for me and the Copa Libertadores.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I think its seperate. The Copa America is in South America and something else in North America.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Don't you have something like an North(- and South)america cup inbetween?

Between worldcup and eurocup are always two years, so I don't have this long wait for another big cup. The eurocup is having basically the same public status as the worldcup over here, everyone is watching and there are flags allover town.
There are several big cups but nothing anywhere near the world cup.... There is eurocup, champions league, copa libertadores, copa america, world cup classification... As I said, none of them come close to the world cup. I do admit I'd prefer seeing my club win the copa libertadores to seeing my country win the world cup but for that my team has to make it there first lol.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
There's the CONCACAF Gold Cup....but honestly, usually Mexico or the US wins it every time...oh and Canada won it once...somehow. Pretty boring.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Well, you only have 3 countries up there so there's not much competition...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No...CONCACAF includes the Caribbean Nations, Central America, and three South American entities Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

If it was just Canada, USA, and Mexico there couldn't be a tournament :rofl
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
No...CONCACAF includes the Caribbean Nations, Central America, and three South American entities Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

If it was just Canada, USA, and Mexico there couldn't be a tournament :rofl
USA, mexico and just barely costa rica are the only mediocre teams in that cup though. The rest of them are outright awful....
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
No...CONCACAF includes the Caribbean Nations, Central America, and three South American entities Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

If it was just Canada, USA, and Mexico there couldn't be a tournament :rofl
Next time I'll include the sarcasm tags so we avoid this kind of reply.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
That's sad. As said, the eurocup is basically on the same level as the worldcup here. It's just the same media and public hype.

I thought you have some America cup, incuding the Latin American teams. That would be pretty exciting. No wonder everyone over there is bored of that sport with such kind of cups :/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top