Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
There are plenty of things which for some people would be at the same level as a world cup lol. I am reasonably sure a lot of people would prefer to see their teams win the champions league or copa libertadores than see their nation win the world cup. Eurocup is a given at that.... In all fairness, it has all the great teams but brazil and argenitina so it is perfectly justified it is held in the same regard as the world cup. USA does not particupate in many international competitions though, I don't think I have ever seen them play a SA team for an important tournament.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Next time I'll include the sarcasm tags so we avoid this kind of reply.
:sweat ...yeah that might have helped

There are plenty of things which for some people would be at the same level as a world cup lol. I am reasonably sure a lot of people would prefer to see their teams win the champions league or copa libertadores than see their nation win the world cup. Eurocup is a given at that.... In all fairness, it has all the great teams but brazil and argenitina so it is perfectly justified it is held in the same regard as the world cup. USA does not particupate in many international competitions though, I don't think I have ever seen them play a SA team for an important tournament.
You mean just playing them? Because they played Brazil in the Confederations Cup final.

As far as inviting or being invited into another Confederations' competition...not so sure about that.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
There are plenty of things which for some people would be at the same level as a world cup lol. I am reasonably sure a lot of people would prefer to see their teams win the champions league or copa libertadores than see their nation win the world cup.
Not here. Real Madrid has 9 Champions League, Barcelona 3, but Spain played their first final (and win it) of a WC this year. I've lived and remember pretty well 3 Champions of Madrid and 2 of Barça, and it's absolutely impossible to compare that with the madness of World Cup. The most similar is a Real Madrid-Barça match :tem
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Not here. Real Madrid has 9 Champions League, Barcelona 3, but Spain played their first final (and win it) of a WC this year. I've lived and remember pretty well 3 Champions of Madrid and 2 of Barça, and it's absolutely impossible to compare that with the madness of World Cup. The most similar is a Real Madrid-Barça match :tem
I guess to each his own lol. I agree in that the world cup in generally lived more intensely than any other tournament (I think it is more because the world cup involves and appeals to that many more people though) but I do know a decent number of people who'd still prefer to see their club win copa libertadores...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top