One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 73)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

tbh I don't like it that much either.
on the one hand, it's surely me expecting something totally diffrent, namely a continuation of the two covers before (would have meant black BG, BB centric and Luffy holding Ace in the bottom).
on the other hand, it's showing the BB/WB combo, but also Jimbei (...), Shanks (admittedly his role in ending the war was big, but still, his head is as big as Luffy and Ace together, and seeing those two in their farewell moment would have been great :/
However, the choice of colour I guess shows the dawning of a new adventure - as ambigous as it is, it could well be the 'end of the day' for whitebeards era, though. what do you think?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

However, the choice of colour I guess shows the dawning of a new adventure - as ambigous as it is, it could well be the 'end of the day' for whitebeards era, though. what do you think?
It's the dawn of an era. Than golden-orange fits a lot for me. It's a dark time for Luffy, but a brilliant future to all the new rookies that WB's lat words will create.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

Not my favourite OP cover but nevertheless I still like it. The positioning of the characters are a bit off imo. It’s like they randomly decided to cut, blend in and place each character’s image to fit the front of the volume cover…yea and that’s it. Ace and Jinbei look cool though.

I would’ve preferred the cover to focus mainly on Whitebeard, BlackBeard & Shanks tbh with a similar design and pattern that was used for the admirals in v.58 would’ve done nicely too.

I’m curious to know what v.60 will look like now…


Edit: My bad. Amended the volume no. references. Gomen, for the confusion. ><
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

Shanks doesn't look well drawn at all imo, his hair looks a bit weird and the colour for Whitebeard's bisento is different.
I don't understand why they chose to spoil the volume by naming it after something like that or by naming it after the first chapter in the volume. Seeing as this was Whitebeard's last appearance it should maybe have "Great Pirate Edward Newgate" but I guess the war wasn't really about him >.<
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

The volume before ended with Akainu transpassing Ace's body. So the volume name is reasonable.

And yes, Ace death was a major impact on the series. While Whitebeard death was pure greatness. They are different things.

Volume 60 will probably end up with Dadan saying that the Tenryuubito will visit Goa Kingdom.
 

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

I don't like the cover all too much, either. I can see why Shanks was included, but his face takes way too much of the background. The same goes for Jimbei- despite his relationships with Ace, Whitebeard, and even Luffy- he still takes up much more of the volume's background space than the other characters.

The next cover is going to be awesome, I just know it.
 
Last edited:

fullmoon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2010
Messages
104
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 58)

I'm_Akiyama said:
One Piece volume 59
So disappointed with Vol59 cover. I intended to make its my fav and am expecting it to be more Ace and Luffy, but instead of them is the.. too big of faces of many other characters. And wtf with that line, I can't even see Ace clearly :(
Guess I will choose #58 my fav for now. The color looks great and the cover gives me an impression of a vast world war coming :amuse
 

Saint Markus

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
195
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

new cover fits well with the chapters in that volume, can't hate Oda on that. nice cover.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

I'm hoping for the 3 brothers on the next one, title being : My Brother. that'd be a nice touch
 

Aikidoka

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
758
Reaction score
498
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

Just wondering whatever happened with the Voice Actor corners. After Nami's VA, I haven't seen any translations of the other interviews in SBS. Are they just floating around somewhere and haven't been translated yet?
 

and_123

Artist
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
80
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

great cover love the colors on it :D
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

redon scanned and posted them in the volume cover thread and I just reposted them in here so that everyone could see.
 

MayoWarrior13

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
China
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

redon scanned and posted them in the volume cover thread and I just reposted them in here so that everyone could see.
cool thanks :tem
 

p1xel

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 59)

Yohohoho,all are great.
Beacuse Eiichiro Oda is the best.
Vol.58 surely is one of the best^^
 

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
Re: Cover 60

I think you mean "Luffy." And yeah, I'd be surprised if it wasn't those three.
 

Bertosch

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Cover 60

I guess it will be a picture of all Straw Hats together!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top