Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

Did you just make the assumption he doesn't announce his breaks from the most recent episode?
Yes and no. Yes, I didn't expect an unnannounced break from Berserk. But I haven't been following it for that long, so I changed my mind about using him as an example. No, as in I meant the mangaka of Bastard actually, but I wrote down the wrong name.
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

Imo Inoue Takehiko is undependable not because he doesn't announce when he takes his breaks, but because he takes his breaks right after each other as soon as the story gets to a good place. Actually he is one of my favorite artists, just frustrates me that he needs so many breaks. Btw, I thought Real came out yearly, I can't see it taking too much time to do a yearly chapter and do a weekly. However Kishimoto often missed his deadlines which is why he came up with unsuspected break. Maybe it's the same for him, I mean his manga coming out weekly has to be somewhat hard since it has the best art imo ever, in any manga.

So, even though he actually has an excuse (unlike Kishimoto) that still makes him undependable. Might of seemed like I came off as a jackass... that's just how I talk in rl, lol I have a tendency to curse a lot.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: Vagabond Edited Manga Discussion

Volume 24 HQ, yeah. If you want it fast, then help us.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, our team has been thinned considerably. So we need editors (cleaners and typesetters) and a QC. You don't need previous experience for typesetting, just a copy of Photoshop. We'll teach you all you need to know. So come help if you want Vagabond, ok?
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

Real comes out yearly as in, an ENTIRE volume. Not just one chapter. A full on volume. That does actually take work.

Speaking of, volume 6 has surfaced.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Stale chapter to me. I was waiting for Musashi to start killing some Yoshioka. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Translated: Click Me

Looks to me as though we're going to have a volume of Musashi getting to the fight, and then finally, finally the fight will start next volume.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

I actually liked the chapter. Needed a quiet chapter to set up things anyway. More Yoshika blood-splattering will come later. And after all this time, are we going to finally see some actual dialogue between Musashi and his old, old friend? Assuming he even recognizes him at all.

I bet that's going to be what happens.... Hon'niden: T-t-t-t-tak-tak-tak... *wets pants*

Musashi: Uh... who are you? Excuse me, I must be on my way.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Inoue spreads fights out in this manga so that they're few and far between. It's like beer. If you drink it too often, it's no longer fun.

I was expecting a dramatic escape from Kyoto myself, but I guess the Yoshioka really don't have a reason to shame themselves any further by killing the man whose nearly driven the Yoshioka family into extinction.

I am interested to read the dialogue between Matahachi and Musashi, though. That is if Matahachi doesn't run away again, which he probably will. Muashi does seem to recognize him judging from the exasperated experession he's wearing on the final page.

But, god dammit, I did want Musashi to kick a little more ass.
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

zindryr said:
Real comes out yearly as in, an ENTIRE volume. Not just one chapter. A full on volume. That does actually take work.

Speaking of, volume 6 has surfaced.
oh ok. so about 12 chapters a year. Sorry, didn't know the volume came out yearly. that's a lot of work, since Vagabond and Real are both greatly animated. So sorry if I offended you zindryr...
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

Offend? Hardly. I'm just correcting your viewpoint.

And I honestly just can't think of Inoue as lazy, considering all the stuff he does.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Edited Manga is done. Clicky.

I liked the chapter as well. The parts with Ueda and the changes in him were especially interesting (amazing art, he looks so drawn and intense). I've always liked his character, he's the most fleshed out and the most interesting Yoshioka by far. Also, there's the significance of the ripped up page Musashi used to draw Otsu and his decision to let himself be engulfed in the "spiral of death and killing". It's like, if he can't stop it, he may as well ride it. Which actually means surrendering control once again. I'm very impressed with Inoue's storytelling skills. A lot of symbols and a lot of nuances. Musashi's struggle to control himself, his skills and his life and his failure to do so is especially well depicted.

I was expecting a dramatic escape from Kyoto myself, but I guess the Yoshioka really don't have a reason to shame themselves any further by killing the man whose nearly driven the Yoshioka family into extinction.
Actually, the Yoshioka only live for revenge. Ueda said it clearly to Musashi. If he killed Denshichiro, every Yoshioka will hunt him down. It's not over yet.

Muashi does seem to recognize him judging from the exasperated experession he's wearing on the final page.
I'd say it's a combination between surprise and annoyance myself, but I agree. He did recognize Matahachi, even though he's black and blue. I look forward to their (I think) brief conversation.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Actually, the Yoshioka only live for revenge. Ueda said it clearly to Musashi. If he killed Denshichiro, every Yoshioka will hunt him down. It's not over yet.
I was reading the translation, but now that I've read the Edited Manga, it seems that Ueda's challenged Musashi to a duel or something? I didn't quite understand the message of the letter, care to explain it?

I'd say it's a combination between surprise and annoyance myself, but I agree. He did recognize Matahachi, even though he's black and blue. I look forward to their (I think) brief conversation.
Annoyance? I see no reason why Musashi would be annoyed with Matahachi. It's not like they left one another on bad terms or anything. Besides, I'm really starting to think that Matahachi is getting a little delusional with his ambitions. Hopefully his re-uniting with Musashi will slap some sense into him.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

I was reading the translation, but now that I've read the Edited Manga, it seems that Ueda's challenged Musashi to a duel or something? I didn't quite understand the message of the letter, care to explain it?
The message in the letter is deliberately left incomplete, but I think it is indeed a challenge to a duel. It contains a place for the duel, and Kurando says they'll face each other once more.
Annoyance? I see no reason why Musashi would be annoyed with Matahachi. It's not like they left one another on bad terms or anything.
Actually Matahachi left Musashi alone to deal with the Tsujikaze gang, while he had a good time with Oko. And when Musashi gets back to Miyamoto village, he tells the old woman (after she betrays him), that she's as unreliable as her son. Also, Matahachi broke Otsu heart.

I'd say, while there might not be annoyance on his face, Musashi definitely has reasons to think badly of Matahachi.
Besides, I'm really starting to think that Matahachi is getting a little delusional with his ambitions. Hopefully his re-uniting with Musashi will slap some sense into him.
Matahachi has always been delusional. But I doubt he's gonna come to his senses anytime soon. Rather he'll fill himself with envy and bile again.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Just took a glance at Inoue's rough for chapter 221.

From what I could make out in the crude sketches, it seems that Matahachi does indeed run away, but Musashi easily chases him down and forces him to a halt. I have no idea what they'll talk about, but I'm guessing Matahachi is going to lead Musashi back to the Yoshioka dojo.
 

coungpow

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
336
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

thanks for the spoiler Aqsa! where did you find it? and yeah this chapter should be good i'm not suprised matahachi runs. they'll prob end up talking about Otsu
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

I really wouldn't consider it a spoiler. It's not like I said anything important that happens.

I found the crude sketches of 221 on Inoue's site.
 

coungpow

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
336
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Sry i didn't mean it like u were spoiling (i read the spoilers every week i like to be in the know) thank you for the information is all i ment. Thanks for the link siedhr i can't read japanese though so when will we be seeing 221?
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: 220 Discussion [Vagabond]

Tonight. Tomorrow. This weekend. Whenever someone decides to scan the chapter in.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
221 discussion [Vagabond]

Finally the raw for 221 came out. Get it in the RTS thread.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 221 discussion [Vagabond]

As expected, Musashi and Matahachi have a nice, but meaningless chat. I thought it'd have an effect on the plotline, but I guess not.

But, I think we all know that next week is going to be exciting as hell. Musashi is either going to swing down and fight the men on the ground before him or simply wait and not even leave the city through that path. I'm guessing it'll be the former.
 
Top