All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faux-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks for the super awesome feedback Shinsatsu! Yes I do like feedback critiques and constructive criticisms. I can always be better and others will certainly help me in that. ^^

I'll try softening them, I might have oversharpened it. is guilty of oversharpening his sigs And as for the Kanji, yeah you're right, and thank goodness a friend of mine provided me one! Will change it when i have some free time.
The last bad thing is not important since we're not here to win, but to learn from each other: An abstract sig doesn't attract people, unless it's a 100% graphic design forum :P
aaw that's too bad. and sad. ;-; Actually the original plan was a tengu focal, but it didn't work out. That tengu though has really nice wings so I let instinct led me and come up with that. But thanks anyway, I'll keep that in mind. ^^
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Lol 1st - Told ya so @ the summer sigs

2nd - stop changing your names lol, I thought we somehow had an extra sig competition that I missed or something when I saw "Winner - Shinsatsu" lol.

3rd - it doesnt have to be a font, you can always go for a Kanji brush, that works just as good... take a search through Deviant art for packs sometimes


Whoops nobody has congratulated yet~

*Revised 1st = Congratulations to Bugzee, me, and Kakashi919

4th - ANOTHER nice theme Tsukisama, I was wanting to incorporate wings into my fire signature as you saw by the animated one that I posted here, but good thing I didn't~ I can think of a few interesting ways to view a wings theme.
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey Coffee!

Lol 1st - Told ya so @ the summer sigs
What did you say? :blink

2nd - stop changing your names lol, I thought we somehow had an extra sig competition that I missed or something when I saw "Winner - Shinsatsu" lol.
hehehe~ I'm 100% happy with my current one, it's not like I'm going to request another one in the future. =P How about you, Shin? :smile-big

Btw - Coffee, you going to submit something for the MH Header Contest? :blink


Thanks and congrats to you too! :)
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Probably, if I have time to do it~
- I said "I bet I know where most of those 50+ votes are going"

annnnd before I forget to post it again, Welcomez Faux Kun~~

Also I just went and looked at the votes for the summer sigs, apparently my moon sig was "3rd" XD
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yes, welcome, Faux-kun! :hbunny
Your wings signature looks very nice so far. I would disagree a little with Shinsatsu on abstract themes never winning. I think that they could win if they are impressive enough. You could possibly add a border (while keeping the signature within the size specifications) to make the interior of the signature pop more.

I am glad the wings theme is well-received. :tem

Also, I know that it has already been mentioned, but the results of the 2010 Summer Signature Contest are available. Check them out here. The big winner of the summer was Bugzee's strength-themed signature.

Congratulations, Bugzee!​
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

lol yeah. I thought there was a mistake when i saw my submission coming in third, but it seems you can't win them all and i placed third by default .. oh well.

Congrats to Bugzee and Cofee :D
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Actually, I just checked the Sig Contest Hall of Fame, and several of the winning themes were abstract signatures. So, you definitely should not be discouraged from doing these types of signatures. It comes down to how much you move the voters. :hbunny
 

Faux-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks Tsukisama! ahaha, you're right. ;)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Started on my Wing theme sig, and this is what i have so far.



Any thoughts, advice, criticism?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That looks very good, kakashi919. The feathers are the most beautiful part of it. They seem to show some sort of face. The center image, however, seems to be of a different style and does not mesh well with the beautiful style of the feathers. I am sure that you are probably going to add more effects to it to make it blend better.

Good luck! You are off to a brilliant start. :nod
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Coffee: You guys always call me Shin so it doesnt matter if I change the last part of my name, besides, I found out that everyone uses Shin Akuma as a username all over the internet so, I went and changed it to the name I use while playing online games xD something unique :D

@ Bugzee: OFC I'm happy with my new name :D and OFC your signature won the summer contest xD Congratulations to you and to the 2nd and third winners as well.

@ Tsukisama: In a manga oriented forum, I think that manga related signature have a higher chance of winning. I didn't say that abstract signatures never win :S I only meant that you need to put an extra effort in making them if you want them to compete with the manga signatures :)

@ Kakashi-san: Awesome piece of work, I like the way how the feathers show the background behind them :) Tune it a little bit and it's ready to go. (I would suggest to make it a bit smaller because the white space looks big. Also, Tsukisama is right about the render... you can find better renders realated to the wings theme :D
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Great topic once again, I'm sure there will be alot of great ideas on it :D
Gonna have to alt-f4 my browser now and start thinking what to do :blink


Too sad I can't do something with Shigurui for this, just finished reading it and it's like a treasure chest of great shots waiting for colour!
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks for all the feedback :D
I was kinda surprised how the feathers turned out, it looks really beautiful indeed. I got another render there that should blend in with it a lot better, but i didn't really want to use it because she has wings on that one. Don't really like to be too literal when making signatures >_>
Will mess around with it and see what it turns out to be.

Thanks a lot again everyone :D
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Bad idea:



I will find a better theme ... I don't like Gundam
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

At some point I started with a colourisation of Hitsugaya Toshiro from Bleach but Bleach turned out to suck later so I don't know if I'll ever do something with it... now certainly it's suitable for "Wings" but I think the topic deserves something better.
The original idea was that ice wings certainly could look very cool (had that two weeks ago) but I think the great choice of topic deserves a better shot :o

Super early state extract:
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

At some point I started with a colourisation of Hitsugaya Toshiro from Bleach but Bleach turned out to suck later so I don't know if I'll ever do something with it... now certainly it's suitable for "Wings" but I think the topic deserves something better.
The original idea was that ice wings certainly could look very cool (had that two weeks ago) but I think the great choice of topic deserves a better shot :o

Super early state extract:
hahaHAHAHAH ! Dude, that's the most correct thing I've heard this week. Thank you lol.
As for Hitsugaya, I believe that he's a good character for the theme... Besides, you cannot make signatures only of the things you like because you'll run out of ideas =/ Remember that some people prefer Bleach over Naruto and One Piece xD


Bad idea:



I will find a better theme ... I don't like Gundam
I need feedback on this signature please ... Gundam fans should be able to tell me if it looks good and represents the character nicely ...
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm not a fan of gundam myself,but i'll try.
IMO, the border is too big, a little smaller would look better.The render itself looks great, but I don't like the yellow whip thingy very much.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Shinsatsu, I like the new name ~Medical Examination~ LOL, though you were probably going for Shin and Satsu separately werent you?

@ Tsukisama, you seem to be extremely active after a short break/disappearance..
- Last night I was looking at random renders and some themes popped into my head =
Secrets

Crossovers

Groups

BIG

Cat

Cold

Tech

Stripes

Swords

Weapons
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Shinsatsu, I like the new name ~Medical Examination~ LOL, though you were probably going for Shin and Satsu separately werent you?
Shinsatsu are a type of thaumaturgic talisman (also known as gofu) distributed at shrines and considered symbols of a spiritual being or its supranormal power.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Shinsatsu are a type of thaumaturgic talisman (also known as gofu) distributed at shrines and considered symbols of a spiritual being or its supranormal power.
Ive heard of Gofu, but Ive never heard of them being called Shinsatsu
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top