- Joined
- Sep 5, 2008
- Messages
- 758
- Reaction score
- 498
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I'm surprised so many people disliked Bench. I personally liked it, it was a nice change from Kishi's usual style and proof that he can still do something different after ~10 years of writing the same story. As for the subject itself, baseball is one of my least favorite sports in real life but I was pleasantly surprised by the way Kishi made it interesting for me.
As a series, I'm not sure I would read it though. It depends - the sports manga I like are Eyeshield 21 style, where they have similar rules to the real life sport but their "techniques" are like powers. Bench seems to be the type that keeps the sport like it is in RL, ordinary.
As a series, I'm not sure I would read it though. It depends - the sports manga I like are Eyeshield 21 style, where they have similar rules to the real life sport but their "techniques" are like powers. Bench seems to be the type that keeps the sport like it is in RL, ordinary.
