Request Shoutbox

elitefox

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,857
Reaction score
679
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Is there a possibility to have a shout box on mangahelpers

I see some of the forum sites have a shoutbox on the side or on the top where people needs some answers fast or just say what they want to say :eyeroll

and it is actually fun :p
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
IRC (both from IRC client and Java IRC under the Chat Menu) should do the trick already though...I mean, if you need some quick answers to any specific questions, may it be about MH itself or about something else, or just want to have some chit-chat with other members, that place is, in fact, a lot better than the shoutbox, IMO... .-.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yup, visit us at #mangahelpers for real time chat and questions. There are always members of the staff available to answer questions, we can be identified by operator symbols before the first letter of our name. As Ju-da said, IRC is a great place to talk and get to know other members better.

Anyone not familiar with IRC can go here for a tutorial.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The tutorial Kaiten linked to is for mIRC, just one available IRC client. Here is a tutorial for X-Chat, which is another client that some prefer and is usable with Windows, Linux, and Mac. Or, if you don't want to download any clients, another option is to use our webchat to connect to IRC. You can find this either under the "Chat" dropdown menu that Ju-da-su mentioned or by clicking "Community Chat" in the very top-right of your screen. :)
 
Last edited:

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
IRC is a dark scary place to be, additionally it doesn't give you the urge to have a chat, it doesn't have that delightful and colorfull font which makes you not wanting to mind your own business while in IRC you would be glad to, I mean whenever I log into it I feel like I'm doing something illegal and I shouldn't be doing this.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Not true, IRC is a great place, especially our channel ;)

It can be a little quiet but sometimes just saying hi can draw peoples attention and start a convo.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
IRC is a dark scary place to be, additionally it doesn't give you the urge to have a chat, it doesn't have that delightful and colorfull font which makes you not wanting to mind your own business while in IRC you would be glad to, I mean whenever I log into it I feel like I'm doing something illegal and I shouldn't be doing this.
That's cuz I'm not talking. If I was, you'd be getting addicted to IRC. Derp.

You should venture into more channels and try to strike up convos. It's not as hard. Just have a good sense of humor and know your memes and it'll be all right.
 
Top