- Joined
- Jul 16, 2009
- Messages
- 32
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
The manga I'm translating (Shchelkunchik) has a couple of russian and german words here and there, but these lines have furigana in a language I simply can't identify. I know german and it's not it; my friend studies russian and it doesn't seem to be that either. I've googled the katakana, but all it brings up are transcriptions and reviews of this particular chapter. I'm completely stumped. I've put the original kanji, and the corresponding furigana in parenthesis:
Next are just run-of-the-mill lines I'm not confident about:(After a quick speech about how Beethoven didn't let deafness get in the way of being awesome)
交響曲(シンフォニー)
- Symphony
第5番(ママーファンク)。。。
- Number Five (Mamaa Fank?)
《運命》(シェルクザールス)だ!!
- Fate!! (Schelkuzals?)
ああやってグレートにいったのは
- The words I've been telling Great...
ボクのほうじゃないかっ!!
- Don't they also apply to me!?
(Two sisters talk about whether to support a friend with dangerous enemies)
あの子危険かも。。。いいの?
- He might bring us trouble... are you okay with that?
(the other nods, the first goes on)
まあ、私らも同じようなもんだけどね。。。
- Well, we're on a similar situation..
ショパンが学生時代に声楽料の同級生コンスタンシア・グワトコフスカという少女に恋をし『ボクは不幸な事に自分の理想の人に会ってしまった。。。心から忠実に仕える。。。』と。。。
- In his student days, Chopin fell in love with his classmate Constancia Gladkowska, and decided "in my greatest unhappiness I met with the person of my dreams... I devote myself to you..."
そうじゃ元祖操り人形(マリオネット)バージョンじゃ。。。
- Yes, it's the original Marionette Version...
おーおーあいかわらずよう働く女房じゃいわい!
- Oh, oh, a hardworking wife as always!
(talking about the old days of an evil demon king)
人間は蹂躙され沈黙するしかなかった。。。
- Humanity could but be overrun into silence...
(more info in a post further down)
その絶望力。。。支配力。。。ああっ 憎くてたまらない!!
- The power of that despair... that control... aah, I can't resist that hatred!!
Last edited:
I'm confident now that's the name I was looking for.