High Stakes All the Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

A very good manga, a favorite of mine actually. The anime is spectacular too.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

I know. You and goodsy recommended it to me, and you two talk about that and fangirl over it like no tomorrow on IRC. :cookiehand
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Thanks, my loves! Happy new year to you too, and may your favorite manga and anime not get canceled!

A secret is to avoid having koen use it as his sig apparently. :P
<3

Koen has been really into Toriko lately so we must pray for its survival. :P

orly? Can I be a country if I tried? Can you- oh wait, you're too small for that. HURHURHURHUR!

Nah, my dad came back before I did, so he most likely didn't go. Stole my parking spot too, so I had to park elsewhere, and it's hard for the drivers to get in or out as I parked it with head out. <_< Oh well, here's hoping he doesn't need the car until after I've left. And I'm not scared of the snow, even that can't kill me, though melting snow is annoying. Wet road = water splashed on the car and windshield from the car in front's tires, so I might have to get my car cleaned after that. <_< Damn melting snow. If ice hasn't killed me, and if crazy drivers and drunk drivers and rude drivers and my noobness years ago haven't killed me, nothing will in driving... except for my car catching on fire or blowing up or losing control at a high speed. I'd be pretty much fucked there, but hey! Why count chicks before the eggs hatch?!

Do your whacky snow dance! DO IT! It may snow then. And -4degrees ain't cold, woman. I think 3c played with his male friend in the snow wearing nothing few years ago. :oh
I don't get it, but I assume I was insulted. :(

Even though you said snow doesn't scare you, that whole paragraph scared me instead. *shivers* Your poor dad probably never knew he parked in the wrong spot; emphasis on probably. Melting snow and ice can be really mean for both the driver and the pedestrian.

I'm a bit suspicious of 3c now. (Jokes!) Us Vancouverites complain about anything relating to cold and the snow. Since I wrote that post, it has gotten warmer actually.

Hell no, even if I want to. Extra weights for the lose, and the snowcap would make my hair be less epic. D: Gloves would make driving harder since I use one hand and count on my super duper grip, the gloves would not make it super duper anymore. I'd be a good doctor as I've assessed diseases and etc pretty well. <_< You poop.

When are you never slow? When? Are? You? Never? Slow? :cookiehand

No mango or vanilla? Dat's not nice. D: *COUNTERFLICK*

You have a job, you neet, go do film class. Plus, I think it fulfills your requirement of social class or whatever. You'd definitely learn a lot, and it's easy to bullshit on essays. I might even help you cheat on it.
What about scarfs or woolly socks? Are those okay? You have to be bundled up somehow. *concerned*

I'm always slow, it's my flaw.

The three flavours they had are chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Where did you try mango milkshake? It seems very exotic.

My store is closed during the month of January for renovations. D: The average course per term is five, but I have four which means I have one more spot to fill it up. Hmm, we'll see.

I don't like spicy food, though I can sometimes handle it. For pizza, I wanna focus on its taste, not on the spicy, yanno? You like spicy?

AND ONCE AGAIN, I SHOULD READ POSTS BEFORE HITTING REPLY AND READING AS I TYPE. D: I'll let you know in my reply to your reply of this post how they look.

I agree. I barely like makeup on women, though sometimes they use it well that it looks natural. I've seen a substitute teacher that had so much makeup on she looked like a freakin' clown. Blue eyelids, red cheeks, lips that popped out like a sore thumb... she still looked old and kinda boring. Know anyone that does that, and do you put on makeup?

I don't watch TV anymore. Dad too cheap for cable, especially when I lived at dorm. Otherwise I used to watch House, NCIS, and some other shows I forgot. You should watch NCIS and House, it's epic. Tony DiNozzo from NCIS will remind you of me, lulz.
Really? I thought you would (ry

I'm okay with mild spicy like a dash of jalapeno. The spiciness that tingles in your mouth but is not too hot that it burns. I can't stand wasabi though. How much is your spicy limit?

All right-y then.

No offense to your substitute teacher but ew. For the eyeshadow, it depends what colour her eye was. Although I still wouldn't want anyone to wear funky colours unless the date is October 31st. One time I had a customer who came in with green eyeliner. I stared at her while she was getting her cash out because it looked really out of place. I don't usually wear makeup unless I have a slow morning. Even then no one can really tell. :XD

There's that goth girl in NCIS right? That's the only cast I remember, but if I do get a chance to watch, I'll keep track of DiNozzo. I did watch House on a frequent basis a few years ago. I've been out of touch with TV land for a while as well.

Stop lurking, dummy! Talk more than what you do now! Good thing you're not mute anymore, otherwise you'd be boring. <_< Do you try the things they're interested in?

FEAR DA HAIRY BUTT!

Pic please. This should be a rule. When one talks about women to me, and they're hot, they must provide pics.

Why? What's wrong with girls crying in front of their dads? IT'S TO BE EXPECTED! :yelling Same here, knowing that the toys knew they were gonna be separated from Andy broke my heart, but it was good to know they'd entertain the next generation and keep 'em happy. Maybe some day, maybe some day. :'( Hope they don't get destroyed though.
It's a good thing we never met when I was in Grade 2 or something. It was really bad. >_> I'm more social now, which is good.

Most of my friends are into Asian dramas. A common premise is that a poor girl (guy) is in love with a rich guy (girl). Usually there are people having affairs, someone with a terminal illness, and siblings fighting to become the heir to whatever their dad was in control of. Even one of my friend who watches a lot of Taiwanese/Chinese dramas said that they were all pretty clichéd.

EEEWWWWW

Aww, okay. I'll keep that in mind next time.

I tried not to cry 'cause I passed ~*that stage*~, but did you actually get teary eyed when you watched? I have a feeling that Toy Story 3 was the big wrap-up, and it certainly felt that way for me. I don't remember, but I think Andy and the little girl lived sort-of close to each other. It's possible that the toys might reunite with him again.

Depends. It's pure bad or fun bad or fun. This one movie, Dancer, I rented it from Netflix due to having my favorite star in it and having some songs I like... I popped it in my laptop to see some songs with subs... to sum it up, I'm never watching the movie. <_< I saw some scenes and it was bad and cheesy.

I dislike Romeo and Juliet Bollywood cheese. So embarrassing to watch. You might like it though. <_<
Do you have a favourite movie or song among the ones you watched? Who this "favourite star" you talked about? I've never tried Bollywood movies before so I do want to give it a try.

*gasp* You think I'm a sucker for cheesy romances? D:
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Watch Gurren Lagann!!!!!! :yelling

Can I set you the same deadline as FMA, aka by the time I get back from USA? :amuse
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

<3

Koen has been really into Toriko lately so we must pray for its survival. :P


I don't get it, but I assume I was insulted. :(

Even though you said snow doesn't scare you, that whole paragraph scared me instead. *shivers* Your poor dad probably never knew he parked in the wrong spot; emphasis on probably. Melting snow and ice can be really mean for both the driver and the pedestrian.
<3

He even has it as a sig. D: RIP Toriko.

I called you small.

Why would you be scared? X_X It's nothing scary. I've sped on snowy areas where others have been slow, and nothing.... nvm, I was thinking about my new car when there was no snow on the road. It was kinda scary with Toyota last year, and I lost control of my car while braking on ice and was lucky no car was coming on the opposite lane, haha. It's all good though, proved that I can't be killed. ^^ Nah, there's no assigned parking, but I almost always park there when possible.

Mostly for the pedestrians. So long as the driver knows what he's doing, it's not AS bad. I sadly didn't.

I'm a bit suspicious of 3c now. (Jokes!) Us Vancouverites complain about anything relating to cold and the snow. Since I wrote that post, it has gotten warmer actually.


What about scarfs or woolly socks? Are those okay? You have to be bundled up somehow. *concerned*

I'm always slow, it's my flaw.

The three flavours they had are chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Where did you try mango milkshake? It seems very exotic.
So am I, no joke. Why are you complaining though? Aren't you used to the cold? It's warmer here as well, like 47 degrees F. It's too warm for my taste, and scary.

Screw that, don't need those. Just need moisturizer. D: Being bundled up is for South Pole and North Pole. Real men brave the weather. Don't be concerned, be proud of my manliness! :3c Plus, I've gone for this long without dying or losing anything from frostbite or possibly hypothermia! It's fun, you should try it as long as you moisturize your face and hands! I like lending my jacket or whatever to women to keep 'em warm though, so *shrug*, I might try.

It's a big flaw. D: But it makes you look cute! [sizept=1]supporting the Milly x Sari pairing for goodsy and Kait.[/sizept]

In Indian restaurants. <_< Though I did get that confused with mango smoothie at the time. Bad IMO with orange juice as its base. <_<

My store is closed during the month of January for renovations. D: The average course per term is five, but I have four which means I have one more spot to fill it up. Hmm, we'll see.


Really? I thought you would (ry

I'm okay with mild spicy like a dash of jalapeno. The spiciness that tingles in your mouth but is not too hot that it burns. I can't stand wasabi though. How much is your spicy limit?
Poor you. :( Then take it as summer class? If you don't need to take five classes, then do four for rest.

I don't (ry tyvm. Only when someone throws away a perfectly good pizza or a sad event in the manga happens. You'll come across it in OP at the end of Enies Lobby arc or near it.

How hot is wasabi? And to be honest, I have no idea what my limit is. I only mind it if it takes away the taste from my favorite food. I've done hot and etc, so my tongue really hates me, the bastard. <_< Maybe my limit isn't as high as I hope it is. *shrugs* You ever tried anything hot?

All right-y then.

No offense to your substitute teacher but ew. For the eyeshadow, it depends what colour her eye was. Although I still wouldn't want anyone to wear funky colours unless the date is October 31st. One time I had a customer who came in with green eyeliner. I stared at her while she was getting her cash out because it looked really out of place. I don't usually wear makeup unless I have a slow morning. Even then no one can really tell. :XD

There's that goth girl in NCIS right? That's the only cast I remember, but if I do get a chance to watch, I'll keep track of DiNozzo. I did watch House on a frequent basis a few years ago. I've been out of touch with TV land for a while as well.
?

That was my first reaction. I wondered how many layers of makeup she has. I finished my guess at 300 and wondered something.... her eyelids were freaking blue and her cheeks makeup were so obvious! SCARY! I thought, PORNMAKEUPFACE. D:

What was your customer's eye color? And did she look old or young? And what do you mean by slow morning? Does your FB profile pic have you wearing makeup? :oh

Yeah, Abby. She's one of the most amazing characters ever! You'd totally like her easily! DiNozzo's awesome as well! Funny and gets smacked in the head by Gibbs when he says or does something stupid! TV Land ftw! All in the Family ftw! <3
Out of touch with House as well. :( I miss seeing Cuddy's ass.


It's a good thing we never met when I was in Grade 2 or something. It was really bad. >_> I'm more social now, which is good.

Most of my friends are into Asian dramas. A common premise is that a poor girl (guy) is in love with a rich guy (girl). Usually there are people having affairs, someone with a terminal illness, and siblings fighting to become the heir to whatever their dad was in control of. Even one of my friend who watches a lot of Taiwanese/Chinese dramas said that they were all pretty clichéd.
Why were you so shy back then? A shy Asian girl is cute though, whether she be Chinese, Indinese, or Japanese! How social are you now? Do you go to parties and stuffs?

You don't like those kinda stuff? Sounds like something to make fun of to annoy your friends with.

EEEWWWWW

Aww, okay. I'll keep that in mind next time.

I tried not to cry 'cause I passed ~*that stage*~, but did you actually get teary eyed when you watched? I have a feeling that Toy Story 3 was the big wrap-up, and it certainly felt that way for me. I don't remember, but I think Andy and the little girl lived sort-of close to each other. It's possible that the toys might reunite with him again.
MESS WITH ME, YOU GET THE BULLHORNS. DON'T FORGET THAT, WOMAN. :pwnge

You can't help up cry at that, so don't worry! Yeah, I let out tears, it was so sad. I'm not ashamed to admit it! Anyone that's not heartless would cry at those two scenes! It is the big wrap-up, methinks. I hope anyway. All three films have been good to great, and I don't want a new one to screw it up. :(

Only if he visits, and I think he drove to her house before. I don't remember either.


Do you have a favourite movie or song among the ones you watched? Who this "favourite star" you talked about? I've never tried Bollywood movies before so I do want to give it a try.

*gasp* You think I'm a sucker for cheesy romances? D:
Couple of favorite movies and songs. Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Khiladi, Hera Pheri, 3 Idiots, Anjaana Anjaani, amongst few others. Lotta favorite songs too, but many are oldies. YouTube Khaike Paan Banaras (old one is with Amitabh and new one is with Shah Rukh, the latter's difference is only added lyrics, so look for one with subs). YouTube Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast, it's changed music, apparently, though I dunno how. YouTube Ek Chatur Naar from Padosan, funny video even though I don't really understand most of it. I can tell you or try to tell you what they're saying though, or what it's all about. I have quite a few, tbh.

Akshay Kumar's my favorite. He's started out as an action hero and can do varieties of roles like comedy, romantic, drama, and etc. He's in Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Khiladi, and Hera Pheri, and was in Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast for Mohra, a great movie as well. MKTA and Mohra are both action movies where he plays a cop, and in Khiladi he's a college student. THe movie's a suspense. Hera Pheri is a slice of life comedy, one of the best comedies IMO. I'll shut up now since I've talked too much about him and Bollywood. He knows martial arts and is considered Bruce Lee of India, and he's an awesome dancer as well! Lifts women up like rag dolls, and even men too. :oh I don't consider him the best actor though. People don't like hearing me talk about that, and I've learned this the hard way, so I'll stop. :\

Yes, since you're a woman. Stereotype ftw.


Watch Gurren Lagann!!!!!! :yelling

Can I set you the same deadline as FMA, aka by the time I get back from USA? :amuse
no.

No.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Watch it nao. It's pathetic that you've probably watched Naruto filler but not a single episode of Gurren Lagann. Since I assume you have never watched Haruhi either, it's doubly pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ79TVffpB8
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

why do you think I'm off anime now?

I refuse to watch anime for a long time. Takes too much time.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Lies. Only crap shonen adaptions and children shows are long. Gurren Lagann is 27 episodes. An episode is only 30min of your time. Everyone knows that good anime are 52 episodes or less.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

It still takes too much time. I can get through a volume in like, two episodes.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

I have nooooooooo idea. Kimi Ni Todoke?
Are you actually considering this? If so, I would be so proud! <33 I know you've tried out a bit of Nana, but have you read any other shoujo? I remember that you read Hapi Mari, which is josei, but I'm not remembering you talking about any other shoujo.

Otherwise, I really think you would enjoy HxH (same mangaka as YYH, which you may or may not already know).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

I don't remember if I've read other shoujo. I may have read josei, but I definitely have read more than two manga of either of those two categories. I wanna try more Nana though. :< I did mention Love Celeb, a bit of Red River, and Desire Climax (?), the one with Sakuya and Lucifer as the head singer and band.

I know. Some fanboys won't let me forget that fact even though Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty awesome. HxH sounds like it has lazy mangaka though.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

I don't remember if I've read other shoujo. I may have read josei, but I definitely have read more than two manga of either of those two categories. I wanna try more Nana though. :< I did mention Love Celeb, a bit of Red River, and Desire Climax (?), the one with Sakuya and Lucifer as the head singer and band.

I know. Some fanboys won't let me forget that fact even though Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty awesome. HxH sounds like it has lazy mangaka though.
Ah, now it's coming back to me. I should've at least known you read some shoujo smut. :p If you want to try more Nana, do it! I approve of that one as well. Love the characters, even the ones who can be annoying at times are very likeable (Shin and Ren are especially <3333). Plus the humor is really good. The only bad thing is that it's on hiatus, which is also HxH's downfall. But at least we can be fairly sure that new chapters are coming for HxH sometime... I think... I hope. :darn
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Nana is on more or less permanent hiatus. Someday it may come back but that could be a very long time from now. HxH is on a special schedule, Togashi is semi-retired and does a volume or two worth of chapters a year. It's such an amazing series it hardly matters. HxH is worlds better than Naruto and Bleach, almost as good as One Piece. So what if he only does 10-20 chapters a year, why miss a classic for such a tacky reason. It's by the mangaka of your favorite series, how could you not like it.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Why's Nana on such hiatus? Last I remember, the mangaka was sick or something. She better? I know she didn't croak since there's a chance of it coming back.

Not worth reading HxH before it's done if the mangaka is irresponsible like this. :notrust
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

She's still sick apparently.

Meh. Hunter x Hunter is to good for you anyway.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Hope she gets better.


lulz, not really. I already hate waiting for many mangas that get released weekly or monthly or yearly. HxH will be annoying enough. _-_ -_- :\ :/





:notrust
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

I left out the "indefinite" part of the description of Nana's hiatus on purpose (I knew Milly would be more likely to read it if he didn't know this :p). There is always a chance of it coming back, but I'm not very optimistic. The last I heard is that she was still sick. :darn

And reading a manga like HxH is worth the breaks! With so much other great manga out there to enjoy in the meantime, is it really that hard to wait for one series? I know you're not a patient person, but it's not as bad as you think. When a new chapter of a series on hiatus comes out, it's so exciting you suddenly don't mind that you had to wait so long for it. :)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

Basically he's just going to be one of those Naruto fans who whine whenever Togashi takes a break. No thanks, don't need more of that in the fandom. In happier news someone released HQ (or at least higher quality) scans of Neuro, another shonen that is way to cool for M3J. I'm downloading now, if it really is better I'll reread as new volumes come out. Damn cool series.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I like to dance in the bathroom. "I AM A DISCO DANCER!"

But I'm trying to get him to learn patience!

.....Yeah ok, I realize this is a lost cause. :XD It's probably better that he skips HxH. :p

Neuro is cool. I read about half of it, I think, a couple of years ago. I don't remember why I stopped. I definitely liked it. I think I just fell behind and forgot to pick it back up. ^^; I'll finish it one of these days, hopefully soon. You'll have to let me know what you think. Maybe I'll restart from the beginning if these new scans are worth it. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top