- Joined
- Nov 4, 2010
- Messages
- 305
- Reaction score
- 159
- Age
- 36
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Omagadoki and Nurarihyon getting extra pages again? Seems that SJ doesn't like them being in bottom either.

Isn't Kochikame gets a colour page, not Oumagadoki?The cover is Beelzebub
Issue 8: Cover is Enigma
Color: Toriko & Omagadoki
Omagadoki and Nurarihyon have 23 pages
Except, you know, it just got the cover next week. I still think it's standing strong, constantly being in the top 5 since debut would've been unheard of >.>. Right now it's in the middle, where many people expected it to be anyway.Both KHR and Enigma is low but i am more worried about the latter. TT__TT
I second that. Medaka Box is proabably the most entertaining battle manga in JUMP right now(besides One Piece of course). Which makes me wonder...when it eventually gets an anime, do you think the studio that animates it will pull a Yu-Yu Hakusho, and cut through the lighthearted stuff to get to the action faster? Given the aftereffect the genre shift had on the manga at first, I think it would be smarter than just suddenly shifting gears, like Reborn did...though it worked in that case because most people watching the anime were looking for an action series anyway.And medaka box deserves to be almost in the top 5. The latest arc has been more interesting that the arc in which they fought class 13. The minus characters are really cool and their powers are insane (scardead, all fiction, etc). Kumagawa and his fellowship are the most insane characters. It really looks interesting. A lot of people should read medaka box because it is an interesting battle manga which is imo rightfully better than KHR and mago at this moment
I think that medaka box can be compared with HxH and One Piece when it tells its story through dialogues. I like it because a story is served due to very good dialogues between characters. The chapters aren't an instant readI second that. Medaka Box is proabably the most entertaining battle manga in JUMP right now(besides One Piece of course). Which makes me wonder...when it eventually gets an anime, do you think the studio that animates it will pull a Yu-Yu Hakusho, and cut through the lighthearted stuff to get to the action faster? Given the aftereffect the genre shift had on the manga at first, I think it would be smarter than just suddenly shifting gears, like Reborn did...though it worked in that case because most people watching the anime were looking for an action series anyway.
It's already popular enough to get an anime, which is why I said I expect to hear an announcement in the near future. It's doing pretty well in the polls now, and it's competing pretty well against Beelzebub in terms of volume sales. Not to mention Nisho Isin's name is pretty big in the industry now. Sounds like a winning a formula in my book.I think that medaka box can be compared with HxH and One Piece when it tells its story through dialogues. I like it because a story is served due to very good dialogues between characters. The chapters aren't an instant read
Well, I think that Medaka box has a chance to get an anime if it can get a decent popularity. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut through the lightheart, school life that was served first. I also think that people judged this manga too fast because they thought it would become a school/daily life manga with bland arcs. But they are wrong: let me say that I place it below Toriko and One piece but above naruto, KHR and others. I really think that Medaka Box's spot is well deserved.

Well, there has been a series of one shots. Or it must be that WSJ's editorial department has changed its mentality about cancellations and new series. Maybe, they are aware that the current line of series is a very promising line. But I do agree with one thing: imo, they could have given more time and respect to Psyren than they are giving to Light WingStill no new series are being published? Im a little confused why they cut the 2 series back in early december if they arent replacing them yet. Could have gotten maybe another volume in pysren... =(
I believe its been top 5 once and #6 a number of times in recent months. An anime is inevitable but I hope they allow enough room between anime and manga. I can live with an anime at the 2.5 year mark.Interesting rankings. Enigma's out of the top 5 for the first time, but it;s still hanging in there in addition to getting the cover. Meaning that the first volume must have really sold well. I also think this is the closest Medaka Box has gotten to the top 5 since...has Medaka Box ever been in the top 5? Either way it's heading on the proper track towards getting an anime. I expect to hear an annoncement almost any week now.