Shounen Over Fence by Mitsuru Adachi

Mooltie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada

Over Fence - Asaoka Kōkō Yakyū-Bu Nisshi
By: Mitsuru Adachi
Genre: Sports
Serialized in: Weekly Shounen Sunday
Scanlated by: I Eat Manga, with PROzess as translator :)

Summary:
Shounen Sunday #22-#23, available on april 27th will be publishing the first chapter of Adachi Mitsuru's new manga, Asaoka Kōkō Yakyū-Bu Nisshi - Over Fence. Story-wise, it will follow the life of a highschool's baseball team manager, Minori Sewazawa.

Mitsuru's last, popular, manga was Cross Game, which ran from 2005 to april 2010 and was serialised in Weekly Shounen Sunday.

source/info on anime news network:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-17/touch-adachi-to-launch-new-over-fence-baseball-manga
 
Last edited:

shukketsumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
376
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stupid Adachi, :crying, you should be focusing on Q & A instead of trying re-live past success.
 

Maku AP

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stupid Adachi, :crying, you should be focusing on Q & A instead of trying re-live past success.
Past success? His success never ended. :amuse

I'm really hoping this gets picked up and is kept up. I'd hate to have more inconsistent releases (or none at all) like with Q & A. Volume 4 is out in Japan and we're still waiting for the last chapter of volume 2.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Stupid Adachi, :crying, you should be focusing on Q & A instead of trying re-live past success.
This is what he does. Touch, H2, and Cross Game are basically variations of the same story. Tatchan, Hiro, and Kou are basically variations of the same character. Hiro and Kou even look the same, both modernized versions of Tatchan. It is to his credit as a story teller that each has not been a re-hash. Instead, it seems as though he is writing coming of age stories for every subsequent generation, acknowledging that every generation goes through the same things with small variations over time. Each decade has had it's turn. I don't know as Over Fence is this decades, maybe it is an update of Touch with a girls perspective. Maybe not. But after a quick glance at the raws I'm really looking forward to reading it. Can't wait fro translations!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I liked the first chapter a lot.It was as awesome as i expected.

(Even though i also have to say that i want him to concentrate on Q&A>_>)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
(Even though i also have to say that i want him to concentrate on Q&A>_>)
Looks like he will be. Over Fence seems to be the first in a series of one shots. I really did like it. The lead was cute, I loved that Sakurai had the same mannerisms as Tatchan/Hiro/Kou. I especially loved the father watching DVD's of his sons baseball games at the end.
 
Top