Seinen Dogs: Bullets & Carnage by Miwa Shirow

ArielShimizu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I really like this manga, but it's not the best i've ever read. But i think that Heine and Badou are great character.! ^_-
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Not much of plot advance in this chapter, but I liked it a lot. We've got a few very interesting things coming, and the main one, without a doubt, is the mayor.

It's definitely not for nothing that Badou thought 'His face...' looking at him for the first time on that screen. Is it just me or does Mayor (Noibauten - correct my Deutsch if the spelling is wrong) definitely bear resemblance to Heine?... I have a couple of theories on this as well as why Herbst knows him and Ernst seems to be buddies with him based on the free and easy manner he talks to him in.

Also, I'm worried about Heine as this Domenico guy doesn't seem to be the type to throw threads around without following up on them. Heine admitted to Lisa he had connection, albeit indirect, to the place the black masked soldiers came from, so if Domenico gets wind of this (somehow I think he will) he won't relent causing Heine a lot of trouble (as if the albino doesn't have enough problems as it is...)

And the intro to the chapter said it's been a few days after the bombings, where has Bishop been all this time?... He doesn't seem to be back yet. I'm waiting for their talk with Heine he promised him

The only downside of this manga that I see is a month long wait. You have to be very patient to love it))) So, looking forward to the next chapter more than ever while strengthening my patience :darn
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Reviving this thread :p

New chapter came out yesterday. Quite good too. Magato and Naoto's fight was over pretty quick, or maybe just started, but the sword play was awesome. Apparently Fuyumine has a connection to the masked army of Dogs, possibly forging their swords. Magato seems to know something about Heine's collar too. And finally, I'm excited to see the twins again :D
 
Last edited:

27kw91

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
19
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Anyone knows when we will be able to see chapter 60 ? :D
BTW. This manga is great, it made gunfight a silly play :D Characters are great especially Heine. He's cool on the outside but when needed he goes berserk :D Ahhh..... this mad dog inside him is just great.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
There was not an announcement at the end of last chapter, so I have no idea. I doubt it's a Manga Editor issue, TDX is very active. Hopefully Miwa only took one month off. The next issue of Ultra Jump comes out this week, hopefully there will be a new chapter in it.
 

Necnill

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Sensei just took a break maybe two months ago, so I don't think they've had a month off. New previews for chapters 60 and 61 were also released on the UJ site.

Since the updates stopped from the earthquake onwards, I'm a little worried for the usual scanner. ^^; I hope they're alright.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
heh im curious about this mangas. it is really good?
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
heh im curious about this mangas. it is really good?
Its the right amount of craziness,style and plot thrown together so far.:D
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'd say it's a little light on plot. It has one but Miwa occasionally forgets and does seven months of wordless action sequences. But it's very entertaining, the characters are memorable, the art is extraordinary, and it's a fun read. Don't expect Gantz, Vinland Saga, or Berserk but it's a worthwhile read.


Chapter 60 and 61 are out. Both are typically short, but this still seems to be the beginning of a Naoto-centric arc. Some good action at the end of chapter 61, and a welcome appearance by the twins. I'd still like to know whats going on with Giovanni but that can wait, I suppose.
 
Last edited:

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I personally wanna know more about the awesome Mayor and his and Ernst's involvement. Somehow I think it was him who helped Heine to escape from the facility back then (and possibly helped Ernst earlier to do the same).
Mayor's plans to retaliate (presumably using Giovanni) are also of interest.
But first we're going to find out just why there was a need to kill Naoto's parents, I guess.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I have a feeling we will have to wait to learn more about the mayor and ernst. I do agree, I think he helped Ernst and Heine escape. Though, that raises the question: why don't they want Heine back? That has always intrigued me. There has never seemed to be any serious effort to kill him or force him to return.

It's been so long since Naoto's past was important I forgot her parents must have been killed for a reason :s I'm definitely interested, and glad she's getting her time to shine, but have very little in the way of predictions.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Yeah, probably the events after Heine came back to his senses only to find he had killed everybody will be shown in another flashback arc sometime in the future. Until then we can only guess.

And Einsturzen does want Heine (and Ernst) back. Ernst indicated that much when he met Fruhling. The reason why Einsturzen's dogs haven't been actively trying to get to them earlier was likely because of the fact that it wasn't easy to find them - Einsturzen clearly didn't even know Ernst was there too (or even alive) and became a priest, and Heine had been in Ernst's care since probably a little after his escape. That and the fact that Mayor wouldn't exactly make it easy for her to prowl the grounds of his city, hunting for the ones he'd obviously taken under his wing (Ernst and Heine, unbeknownst to the latter) - his special forces that were sent to the underground levels to be the police reinforcements prove that. So the two of them were lost with hardly any means to find them at the shedevil doctor's disposal, but not quite forgotten. She was just waiting for an opportune moment. And I think she might have let Heine, who was her only successful experiment, live as he wanted, to see how he would deal with environment change, with his Fuhrer, to see how his abilities would progress or his psyche would digress. In other words, just continuation of her experiment.

But what I wonder about is why she needs Ernst. So far, all her failures were nothing but trash to her. But if we believe Ernst's words, she cherishes 'the first spine' for some reason, despite him being a failed experiment. Perhaps, it's because he managed to survive the experiment against all odds. Or maybe he also has Fuhrer in his back which was the reason he went blind, but still survived. Mysteries all around.

Now though we might see some of the mystreries surrounding Naoto, Fruhling and Fuyumine, as well as their connection to the underground facilty get unveiled. Oh, and Magato too. So far Naoto's at clear disadvantage against Fruhling. If the fight continues, Fruhling will be sure to land the fatal blow eventually. Thus, I assume somebody will have to save Naoto from it. Maybe Heine, if he manages to shake the twins off his tail for a little while. Maybe Magato (he looks concerned on the last panel of ch61). Or maybe somebody else will show up.
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
I don't know how I missed last 3 chapters of Dogs :facepalm.

anyways caught up with it yesterday,and wow...the story seems to be moving towards very interesting parts.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The plot finally does seem to be moving somewhere , for the first time in the series. Ever since Heine's flashback the plot has taken precedent over action. It is kind of sad that most of the recent chapters are addressing questions that first arose in 'Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark' eleven years ago. Never the less, discovering Naoto's origins have been a revelation, one of the best parts of the whole series. Even better that it was not some deus ex machina or something silly like amnesia. It makes perfect sense that she does not know her origins because she does not have any. Hopefully Miwa takes some time to explore Naoto's roots further, and bring Campanella into sharper focus.

I am delighted that the twins have moved in with Heine! I don't know where this is headed but the result is bound to be win! Angelika also seems to be making some sort of move. Hopefully whatever she has planned does not lead to another year long action arc, but actual plot development. I would love to see her relationship to Neubaten fleshed out a bit more.
 
Last edited:

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Just bought the prelude and ran straight to read the continuation, just finished it yesterday and wow its amazing, the detail the author puts in and the development of the characters what an amazing story!!! its gone straight to my top 5 if not my fav. in absolute. at first though i thought the other naoto was a guy but for it to be a woman who calls her her spare i was wondering if naoto is either a clone or a relative and the bad naoto was just showing she didnt think much of her cuz i can see them being sisters or something ahaha. badou is onto something and i wonder whom he has found now, hopefully mihai can redeem himself!
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Chapter 65 is out! Download at TDX's livejournal.
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
well this thread is falling behind. the current chapter out is 69...hear is the RO link :http://www.batoto.net/read/_/88952/dogs-bullets-carnage_v7_ch69_by_tdx

Things are getting really interesting...all the interesting dots...kaa-sama,angelika, the woman whom the twins call mother...how are they connected? how is magato and his elder sister related to them? i've forgotten...but who is winter again? are winter, herbst and mayor are in one group?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What really threw me off of this series was the art, personally I find it shounen-ish, much like the one in the series Deadman Wonderland, I think it is safe to compare this with that series. It has a sort of "glam" feel to the design of characters and clothing, something common with Air Gear as well, I think a different more realistic or even a darker tone of color in a manga is more my liking. Even though I think this series has a group of very dedicated followers, I just can not seem to get into it.
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
Another bump up coming from me. last couple of chapters have been excellent.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

What really threw me off of this series was the art, personally I find it shounen-ish, much like the one in the series Deadman Wonderland, I think it is safe to compare this with that series. It has a sort of "glam" feel to the design of characters and clothing, something common with Air Gear as well, I think a different more realistic or even a darker tone of color in a manga is more my liking. Even though I think this series has a group of very dedicated followers, I just can not seem to get into it.
that's really strange cause generally the art of dods is highly praised.

about deadman wonderland, that is a much later work than dogs...so one could say that it was deadman wonderland being influenced by dogs, not the other way around. haven't read air gear so can't comment on that, but you are right in saying that dogs has its own 'glam', however i would put it this way that the art here is heavily cinematic. in fact its my belief that this form of art suits this series perfectly(more than the usual realistic way of drawing) cause this series is after all a heavily stylized action sci-fi, so it doesn't take itself too seriously. so a heavy serious artstyle wouldn't have suited the series at all imo.
 

ApACCI

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Hungary
I am not sure if I found I am looking for here but I've met someone about a year ago, who was a big fan of DOGS (And also BLAME! manga), we played a few times over at Dreamwidth (I played an Apacci from Bleach...) and I'd really enjoyed our threads. They also uses other nicks on LJ and DW like Amadeus, Tesla, justlikesmaids and maybe synchwell, and they were a big fan of vid games and liked to play teasing, dominant guys (and they were freaking good at it). If they're reading this post please look for me, i am steel at DW and waiting for you. Thank you.
 
Top