Travel - Travel Abroad & Tour Guide | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Travel Travel Abroad & Tour Guide

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Ideal Vacation Travel Locations & Places I have Visited Already Thread!

Yeah but I'm originally FROM London, so I went back to visit family. I've been in Birmingham the last 4 years for uni. And yes, travelling around Europe is easier than America or any other continent but for me right now it's not very feasable, I got too much on my plate; gotta get that full time work so I can start travelling.

I don't party much neither and I've only done karaoke once when I was drunk; but imo that's the best and only time to karaoke

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I avoided Karaoke in my entire life, so I can't blame you for trying only once lol (I agree with you. Seriously, you need to be quite drunk to try it imo.) So you have a British accent then. I didn't expect that :amuse So, what's Birmingham like?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

I'm afraid babylon is not really a good place to visit at the moment.
Concerning Japan they really do have such toilets. It's even quite common. What is funny is that in the same time there have also a lot of traditional toilets much less famous and glamour

So I guess it says I've been to Japan. In Asia I also went to Cambodia and Indonesia. Those are also very nice countries worth visiting. Now I guess I should discover more the country near from me in Europe like Italy, Portugal or maybe some of East europa. I would also liked to go one day in Africa.
Pooping does not look comfortable. :|

Oh, and I've been to India, Canada, Las Vegas, Chicago, Maryland, Florida, Paris (plane stopped thar), some New York, Niagara Falls, and CN Tower. \o/

I hate India.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Countries I've been to;

England, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Macedonia, France, Lithuania, South Africa, Czech Republic and Lesotho.

Countries I'm planning to visit (may have already visited them before);

France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Ireland, States, South Korea & South Africa

No, I don't afford to visit all of those countries but I will in a near future, just you wait and see :shakefist

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

@mikkih
Riding an elephant is an intriguing experience indeed but I guess you can do it everywhere in south east asia so don't focus on Thaïland just for that. Also I guess it's a country worth visiting

Oh, and I've been to India, Canada, Las Vegas, Chicago, Maryland, Florida, Paris (plane stopped thar), some New York, Niagara Falls, and CN Tower. \o/
The airports are awfully far from Paris it doesn't count :-)

Last week I spent three days visiting Lüneburg in Germany and I saw a stork on the roof of a house. I think I never imagined I would see such a cliche image one day. And that simple fact pleased me quite a lot

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Also I guess it's a country worth visiting
Yes, k-dom. Thailand seems to be a very interesting place to visit, AND I want to ride on an elephant :D.

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I avoided Karaoke in my entire life, so I can't blame you for trying only once lol (I agree with you. Seriously, you need to be quite drunk to try it imo.) So you have a British accent then. I didn't expect that :amuse So, what's Birmingham like?
Yep a British accent with a hint of african apparently :tem, which is what everyone tells me. Birmingham is okay if you mind the slow pace, there's quite a bit to do, shopping here is really good; shops are huge and prices are quite good compared to London and the night life is good too....depending on where you go. A lot of people who've lived in London find Birmingham slow and depressing :s, but I'v always been kind of an old soul so the slow pace suits me just fine.

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yep a British accent with a hint of african apparently :tem, which is what everyone tells me.
What you mean by african is not like Afrikaans, the soft sounding language, right? I won't be able to imagine the softness combined with the British (kinda hard sounding...) accent altogether.:blink Anyway, most places would be slower than London for sure. I used to live in Manhattan, so I know what you mean. I like slower-paced relaxed atmosphere better

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm congolese but I've been living in UK for the last 12 years but apparently I still have a hint of my accent :-_-. How long were you in Manhattan for? seems like a nice place, from what I see in TV and stuff.

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm congolese but I've been living in UK for the last 12 years but apparently I still have a hint of my accent :-_-. How long were you in Manhattan for? seems like a nice place, from what I see in TV and stuff.
I'm not going to start answering that question. How long have I lived in Japan, different cities in California, New York, Florida and the place where I live now? lol You can add up and get my exact age lol :D

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Brazzaville Congo or Zaire ? My brother in law is currently working in Pointe Noire. My sister will probably visit him for summer but I'm not sure to accompany them. It's not the best of Africa there

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Brazzaville Congo or Zaire ? My brother in law is currently working in Pointe Noire. My sister will probably visit him for summer but I'm not sure to accompany them. It's not the best of Africa there
Congo-Kinshasa(DR Congo, formerly Zaire). Ah Pointe Noire is in Brazzaville if I remember correctly. It should be okay but don't take my word for it, I dunno the situation over there. Even my country has calmed down now in terms of civil wars and protests and stuff but I wouldn't really recomment it. Heck, I've never been back once in the 12 years since I left :sweatdrop

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
where do/did you go on holiday?(if you go)

as the title says,this thread has the aim to talk about where people go on holiday.
I start: 23/7 I'm going to Sharm-El-Sheik. first time to me,I've already been in Asia and America (and in Europe,obviously). this time I'll be in Africa as well.

Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Has anyone visited Costa Rica? What would be must-see and do's?

himitsu87

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kuwait

Countries I'd been to:

Italy, Belgium, USA, UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Oman, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Netherlands, && Saudi Arabia.

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

How do you feel about singapore?

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

I have a friend who works in SIngapore so I hope to go there once at least :-)

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Portugal is a real nice place to visit. I live in the Algarve which is the southernmost region of the country and also the one which most tourist visits. There are plenty of beaches and nice towns and a lot of places to golf as well (especially in Vilamoura, a very green town where I used to live). Unfortunately I think that the Algarve, as well as a lot of places in Portugal, have not been developed properly. This place could be like the French and Italian Rivieras but it seems like nobody has a clue in how developing it. There are plenty of other beautiful places to visit, such as Sintra, a very beautiful place in the mountains which is full of palaces and manors. The major cities of Lisbon and Porto are also pretty great.

Scotland is also a very beautiful place to visit. It's so green and pleasant. The town where my grandfather lives is pretty small, but so picturesque. Like in the rest of Britain, there are plenty of castles and stately homes open to the public, a lot of them featuring gorgeous architecture and gardens. The capital Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities I've visited, and Glasgow's pretty nice too.

Now that I'm done plugging my countries, I'd also recommend going to Spain. Seeing as I don't live too far from the country, I tend to go there a lot on holidays. Costa del Sola is perfect for the summer, Andalusia has such a rich culture, the north of Spain has some incredible landscapes and Barcelona is like one of the best cities ever (so beautiful!). I've also been to the US (Florida), France, Germany, England, the Nederlands as well as Switzerland. Florida was awesome, though I don't remember much seeing as I was like 7 years old at the time. I've only really seen Paris in France, and even then not so much due to there being riots at the time. There are so many places I want to go to in France, so many great sights to see. I'm dying to see the rest of Germany as I only spent time in Freiburg im Breisgau, a real pleasant city to visit. My time in Switzerland consisted mostly of driving around, seeing the incredible landscapes outside the car windows. Same with the Nederlands.

Oh, and I've also been to Andorra, which is a pretty great place to do some snowboarding!

Dancing wind

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Re: The Abroad Thread

After planning and saving for quite a while, I'll be going to New York in February. I hope I get my visa :worrybunny

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The Abroad Thread

i'm planning to go to mexico in July and then go to Europe ..