Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Inumarudashi has a CP and 17 pages this week.


Wow. That's brutal. I never thought I'd see Bleach in the bottom half two weeks in a row. Kubo: Plot, NOW.
I bet you'll see it even three weeks in a row in the bottom half.
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looking forward to Medaka and Toriko color this week. ^__^

No surprise One Piece takes the #1 spot. Sket and Bakuman in the top 5 with it really makes me happy though. Good on them.

So it seems all the new series are struggling except Magico. Well, if at least one makes it I guess thats alright.

Bleach where it rightfully belongs though it should be lower. Kubo has been putting minimal effort in this train wreck manga for too long.

man, we have a dense list of ranked series this week. Good to see Magico holding on at #7, and... well... you can totally see which series about football will die horrifically in the short future, at least.
They never seem to learn. But those football manga serve their purpose as fodder so I welcome them. Jump editors can keep churning them out all they want.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
is this medakas real rank? because of the colour it will be unranked in the 8th chapter from now, or not? if so it would be a great "comeback" for a bottom dweller.

bakuman is great as well. bleach is okay and will rank higher when the next fight starts.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure Rankings:

1. One Piece
2. Gintama
3. Naruto
4. SKET DANCE
5. Bakuman
6. Beelzebub
7. magico
8. Kuroko no Basket
9. Inumaru Dashi
10. Reborn
11. Enigma
12. Bleach
13. Nurarihyon no Mago
14. Sengoku ARMORS
15. Meruhen Ouji Grimm
16. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
17. DOIS SOL

is this medakas real rank? because of the colour it will be unranked in the 8th chapter from now, or not? if so it would be a great "comeback" for a bottom dweller.
No, series with CP's are unranked in the issue in which they have a CP.
In other words, Medaka Box is NOT ranked this week.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Is bleach lucky that the new series such as dois sol, meruhen and sengoku armors are failing? Imagine that one or two would have gotten a satisfying ToC position then Bleach would have ended up in the bottom five :D

Anyway, cool ToC the three last series are one I don't care about
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Somehow i find the Toriko cover to be really disturbing:/

Anyhow,it seems Naruto is struggling lately,probably because of the war.Maybe Kishi will decide to give it a little more effort after seeing that the second spot isn't granted anymore.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Meh, wtf is Bleach doing down there, it's certainly been bland as of late (not counting the last 3 or so weeks), but it doesn't deserve such a spot. It's like the fanbase is sending a message "we want something else" instead of being good judges.

Hooray for Gintama. (PS: Bored with #1 being there always. Like that manga's chapters are always best. Again this is proof of votes being rather useless).

Somehow i find the Toriko cover to be really disturbing:/

Anyhow,it seems Naruto is struggling lately,probably because of the war.Maybe Kishi will decide to give it a little more effort after seeing that the second spot isn't granted anymore.
Going by the latest chapters, it seems like it will most likely get #2 and possibly #1 in some cases too in a couple of weeks.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well damn Gintama. Although I'm fairly sure that it's rank is indicative of the anime returning.....nothing particularily exciting has happened in the last eight weeks to suggest that it recieved that rank from something that occured in the manga. Still, Gintama rules, even if it is only in Japan sadly.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I won't mind seeing OP take the number 1, i actually enjoy OP chapters much more than the rest of the current wsj series combined (except Enigma). Before anybody accuse me of being an OPtard... i am not. I am just a casual reader who really do enjoy One Piece.

I am unhappy seeing Enigma near the bottom, but then competition in WSJ is ridiculously fierce. At least it is above Bleach. Well deserved indeed. :p
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
12th Bleach seriously man wtf!!! Damn voters ARGHHHH!!:arro Moving on I don't even want to talk about it anymore, moving on. My other favs are doing well Naruto and Bakuman are in the top 5. Reborn in 10th but am cool with that. Mago still wish you were higher.

Meh, wtf is Bleach doing down there, it's certainly been bland as of late (not counting the last 3 or so weeks), but it doesn't deserve such a spot. It's like the fanbase is sending a message "we want something else" instead of being good judges.
Agreed.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Someone was asking about these.

Anime Ratings, the latest numbers:
Ao Ex:4.1%---3.4%---(Below 4.7%)---(Below 4.2%)
(The number for 3 and 4 won't be available until the magazine publishing the complete data is out, due to the fact that it's too low in the time slot to be ranked in the telephone data inquiry. The "below xx%" number is simply the lowest ranked rating at the same time slot.)
Beelze:1.7%---2.0%---3.0%---2.5%---3.1%---2.6%---3.1%
Bleach: 3.8%---2.3%---1.7%---2.2%---1.6%---2.1%
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bit sad to see Enigma so low, but both it and Reborn are above Bleach in addition to getting color pages next week it;s all good.

But damn, I;m surprised at the amount of buffer we have this time around. Guess I don;t have to worry about Medaka getting cancelled anytime soon...although it looks like Shinigami is going to barely dodge the axe again.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have noticed that with Bleach slipping, Kubo is actually starting to wake up...which is probably good for it's fans but not as much for it's detractors. Heck, it literally is "this close" to finally reaching bottom five!

And as for the TOC...yeah, I doubt it has anything to do with Naruto and more to do with Gintama just being notable and getting an anime boost for the time being. And congrats for both Toriko and Medaka's color pages.
 

NANAhashi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 3, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Sorry for butt in, but Naruto indeed deserves lower rank in this issue. Those previous 8-4 chapters were seriously boring. Those war fillers and side characs drama are not enjoyable at all.

But I hope it will rank as #2 or even #1 after that. Recent chapters are quite nice.

Also, time to say goodbye to dolsol and maybe along with grim&Senkoku armor.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
12th Bleach seriously man wtf!!! Damn voters ARGHHHH!!
I don't know if I'm the only one who's read that Inumarudashi has a CP this week, so BLEACH is 11th, like last week. Sad but true.
 

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Bleach: 3.8%---2.3%---1.7%---2.2%---1.6%---2.1%
Just because I'm a little curious, how low were the Ratings for KHR before it got off the air.
I'm pretty sure Bleach will not go off the air until the Manga is finished because the DVD do sell well and that's the only thing that matters for the Studios. KHR will also probably get the Anime back once there is more Material.
And one more thought. Could it be that KHR is going to end? I always thought KHR is one of the immortal series which means there Ranking doesn't matter at all but the recent pace of the chapters do make me think.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just because I'm a little curious, how low were the Ratings for KHR before it got off the air.
I'm pretty sure Bleach will not go off the air until the Manga is finished because the DVD do sell well and that's the only thing that matters for the Studios. KHR will also probably get the Anime back once there is more Material.
And one more thought. Could it be that KHR is going to end? I always thought KHR is one of the immortal series which means there Ranking doesn't matter at all but the recent pace of the chapters do make me think.
I doubt it. There are still too many loose ends for KHR to be ending anytime soon. The Ceremony arc is about done though.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt it. There are still too many loose ends for KHR to be ending anytime soon. The Ceremony arc is about done though.
I count about 2 loose ends, after Naruto (assuming it ends by the end of next year), I think KHR will follow suit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top