Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States

OPN

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
19
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Erm....sorry if this question sounds stupid,but why is Gainax so special?Never heard of it before....
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Erm....sorry if this question sounds stupid,but why is Gainax so special?Never heard of it before....
Gainax is the studio behind Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, FLCL... Basically, some of the most popular and arguably influential anime. You might recognize some of their other stuff, here's their wiki :)

I might be wrong on this (please correct me if I am, someone!), but this is probably their first WSJ adaptation, so Medaka being the one is pretty big imo :amuse
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh,they really did produce some great anime.I guess i understand the surprised posts now,thanks salad!

I should catch up with Medaka again,it seems to get quite a lot of respect.
 

OPN

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
19
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gainax is the studio behind Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, FLCL... Basically, some of the most popular and arguably influential anime. You might recognize some of their other stuff, here's their wiki :)

I might be wrong on this (please correct me if I am, someone!), but this is probably their first WSJ adaptation, so Medaka being the one is pretty big imo :amuse
it probably is. it actually may be the first anime gainax has adapted from a manga not sure though.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Nah not quite, they've had a few manga adaptations before now.

This is their first Jump show though.
 

OPN

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
19
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nah not quite, they've had a few manga adaptations before now.

This is their first Jump show though.
i figured it was their first jump series but thanks for correcting me with the first manga adaption :). i am trying to think of a suitable director i was thinknig imagashi (gurren lagann obviously) but i dont see him doing it sadly.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Excuse me for a moment...SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gainax doing Medaka Box? It certainly fits their style of storytelling so I can be confident that they;ll treat the genre shift right. Gonna be a long wait till; spring.

I wonder if this means Ishin plans to have the manga finished by Spring of next year? Each of the arcs has been around year now that I think about it...
 
Last edited:

Rei Ayanami

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I recall people thought Bakuman would end around the time its anime was to air, but it is still going with a 2nd season of its anime on the way
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
With the rate Bakuman is being adapted into anime, it'll take like three seasons just to cover the current content, never mind until wherever it actually ends :oh Anyway, I don't think a series getting an anime is a very good gauge of whether it is ending soon or not, it seems to differ for each and every series (though I don't actually read Medaka so maybe there have already been hints of a move towards an ending that I wouldn't be aware of).
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
With the rate Bakuman is being adapted into anime, it'll take like three seasons just to cover the current content, never mind until wherever it actually ends :oh Anyway, I don't think a series getting an anime is a very good gauge of whether it is ending soon or not, it seems to differ for each and every series (though I don't actually read Medaka so maybe there have already been hints of a move towards an ending that I wouldn't be aware of).
well it's certainly going near it's end, I can't imagine more than one arc after the current one. Looking at the current villain, who has
a quadrillion special abilities :D
there's not much space left for more ridiculousness/craziness :amuse

great to hear that GAINAX is doing Medaka, I'm really looking forward to it!
 

Westlo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yo ChocoBar9 where you at now?

well it's certainly going near it's end, I can't imagine more than one arc after the current one. Looking at the current villain, who has
a quadrillion special abilities :D
there's not much space left for more ridiculousness/craziness :amuse
While this arc may seem to be the last it also just started, Kumagawa's arc went for nearly a year, this could be just as long.

And yes it makes no sense that this means the manga is near, for one it won't even get anywhere near the end of the current arc, we'll be lucky to even see Misogi... I've always felt that an anime announcement would occur not to long after Kumagawa arc was finished....
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Little info about Jump #26
Official Release Date: Monday, 6th June

Naruto (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Gintama (Color Page)
KochiKame (Color Page)

Toriko (Start of a new saga)
Sket Dance (Valentine's Day)
One Piece (End of FI flashback)
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So assuming the Medaka thing is legit(which I will assume because it makes at least some degree of sense and does seem like a Gainax anime) how early would we expect JUMP to announce it. Maybe give Medaka a color page next week?
 

kh2masta

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
238
Reaction score
89
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Little info about Jump #26
Official Release Date: Monday, 6th June

Naruto (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Gintama (Color Page)
KochiKame (Color Page)

Toriko (Start of a new saga)
Sket Dance (Valentine's Day)
One Piece (End of FI flashback)
finally getting bored with the One Piece flashbacks on the anime and the manga:-_-
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So assuming the Medaka thing is legit(which I will assume because it makes at least some degree of sense and does seem like a Gainax anime) how early would we expect JUMP to announce it. Maybe give Medaka a color page next week?
I don't see why it can't be on the next chapter, I mean it is chapter 100.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
[Cross];2469161 said:
I don't see why it can't be on the next chapter, I mean it is chapter 100.
True. I;m just used to seeing color pages with anime announcements. Of course it could always get one afterwards...

Looking forward to more info though. I wonder if they;ll use Medaka's seiyuu from the vomic?
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
But too many series appear to be ending soon and they end up adding content after the end of the supposedly last arc.
I really thought that Bleach is going to end when the previous arc was finished.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
JUMP Volume releases for August:

Kochikame 176
One Piece 63
Naruto 57
Bleach 51
Reborn! 35
Bakuman. 14
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen 5 (End)
enigma 4
Dois Sol 2
Sengoku Armors 1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top