Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
In according to Sasaki it seems that Stars it will be a manga concerning 2 boys and girls that dream to became astronauts, also this the first serialization on Weekly Shonen Jump for the writer and the artist.

The first chapter within two weeks will be available at shonen jump's site :)

Proof-reading Issue #30: Click Here
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Astronauts!
I think that is a very interesting idea but quite limited.
I won't know until i read it but I like the sound of that, something different in jump and I wonder if its
the first astronaut manga serialized in jump.
It reminds me of Bakuman because of the 2 boys and girls.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
In according to Sasaki it seems that Stars it will be a manga concerning 2 boys and girls that dream to became astronauts, also this the first serialization on Weekly Shonen Jump for the writer and the artist.

The first chapter within two weeks will be available at shonen jump's site :)

Proof-reading Issue #30: Click Here
You mean: The first chapter will be available at shonen jump's site in about two weeks :)


But it got me curious...
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami's final chapter will be published in the 2011 Summer Jump NEXT.
That's interesting. It looks like WSJ is letting it have a giant chapter, possibly with color pages. Not many canceled series get that sort of treatment.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
In according to Sasaki it seems that Stars it will be a manga concerning 2 boys and girls that dream to became astronauts, also this the first serialization on Weekly Shonen Jump for the writer and the artist.

The first chapter within two weeks will be available at shonen jump's site :)
Interesting... but I think it would something more suited as a seinen. Let's see how a shonen handles it.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I immediately thought of Twin Spica. I told myself I wasn't going to start any more new series, but this could be interesting.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's interesting. It looks like WSJ is letting it have a giant chapter, possibly with color pages. Not many canceled series get that sort of treatment.
I know that was how "Busou Renkin" ended, but that was Watsuki and he already had a reputation to get something like that. (then there's Shaman King...but that was a weird scenario in itself)

A series about normal people wanting to be astronauts could be interesting, maybe could be much more mature than a lot of the hot-blooded stuff Jump is known for. Somehow I would have expected it from another shonen mag but I guess they want to expand their horizons a bit considering that there is only so much you can do with the stuff you have in the magazine.

As for how a manga ends: it all basically depends on the mangaka and their overall plan for the series mostly. Kishimoto is approaching his endgame (as slow as it is), but I think that he just wanted to tell the story that he wanted to and Jump is letting him do it with minimal influence. (well maybe some stretching and stuff like a couple of the recent fights) My guess is that since the story was a success and Kishimoto has some influence (and the whole mess on how Toriyama's last years went), the editors just trust him and let him do what he needs to for finishing things up. It isn't that often that you really get a manga that gets to completely tell it's story or do what it wanted to do: heck, I keep bringing up Nube because I just keep remembering the story that Makura/Okano said: they essentially had a year/year-and-a-half of stories they wanted to tell, told them (outside one they saved for near the end), and the rest was just having fun with it. But sadly a lot of times you just get a lot of "crash-and-burn" with the way a manga ends, with it staying too long, things falling apart and the ending just turning into a huge mess, as is the case of stuff like St. Seiya and, more recently as I remember, ES21. The only time I remember a series collapsing and the mangaka just saying "screw it" was Otokojuku: when the series fell apart (thanks to Miyashita going an arc too far) and the mangaka realized he couldn't really go too much further, he literally blew up everything and then just did something else entirely for the final volume of his series...but then the way he did it was just something only Miyashita could get away with.
 

NANAhashi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 3, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Astronauts?? I'm glad that I'm not the only who think about Twin Spica.:tem

so that's why the editors aren't forcing kishi to continue for at least another 4 years or so like they did with akira untill there is 1 or 2 mega hits to replace it ?
I fear Kishi and Jump will gonna stretch it out, in fact.

He gave us a hint about some unseen menaces that did not relate to Madara or Oro, something very fishy about Nidaime. But the problem is the power level of Protagonists, Naruto and Sasuke is apparently in god tier. It would made no sense to introduce any new villain whom could be a problem with them.

So, I would not be surprised if there will be another timeskip or the next generation. But I seriously hope that would not happen. Just let's it end properly.

For the next Megahit replacement, I think Toriko is on the way.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Interesting... but I think it would something more suited as a seinen. Let's see how a shonen handles it.
I agree, but I think they will manage somehow. Because lately, I find Shounen manga a little bit more mature than they used to be in the past.
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami's final chapter will be published in the 2011 Summer Jump NEXT.
Really happy that hokenshitsu no shinigami will have an end with 50 pages. This series deserve it. =))
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

This year's 29th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that manga creator Yasuhiro Kano is launching a new romantic comedy series called Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa in the 31st issue on July 11.

The 29th issue of Shonen Jump also announced that creator Ryōsuke Takeuchi and artist Masaru Miyokawa will launch their St&rs manga series in the 30th issue on July 11. The story wil follow a boy and a girl who dream about becoming astronauts. This is the debut manga series for both Takeuchi and Miyokawa.


Update: Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There, Lewis Carroll's sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, is titled Kagami no Kuni no Arisu in Japanese. Other Japanese works that have paid homage to this novel include Yes! Precure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibōken!, and the Musical Minky Momo: Kagami no Kuni no Princess play.
From ANN.
So, the second series is a "romantic comedy" (finally!) and the name of the first series is ST&RS.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
From what little we know, I think both series sound interesting. I also agree that ST&RS seems like it belongs in another magazine...not very Jump-like, but I don't care. It'll be interesting if this becomes an occupational-type of manga with slice-of-life elements, or whether it'll go the Sci-Fi route, or maybe both. Either way, it's something different and I'll look forward to it.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Just like Dois Sol was similar to Giant Killing I think ST&RS will be similar to Uchuu Kyoudai.
Trend of trying to adapt seinen manga into a shonen format.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm also wondering if the premise was inspired by the recent popularity of Noguchi Sōichi. Though I think most recent manga involving the Space Program probably were inspired by him.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Little info about Weekly Shonen Jump #30:


First title pages in color!! Increasing 54 pages!! <- thanks to Zeromcd
ST&RS - new series
Ryousuke Takeuchi / Shou Miyokawa


Center title pages in color!!
Nurarihyon no mago
Hiroshi Shiibashi


Center title pages in color!!
BEELZEBUB
Ryuhei Tamura


Center title pages in color!!
Kochikame
Osamu Akimoto
 
Last edited:

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Some more info about Issue 30 of Jump.

ST&RS has 54 pages not 35.

Beelzebub Poularity Contest Results.

Kochikame 35th Year Special Project Announcement.

More Anime information of the new season of Nurarihyon no Mago.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Some more info about Issue 30 of Jump.

ST&RS has 54 pages not 35.

Beelzebub Poularity Contest Results.

Kochikame 35th Year Special Project Announcement.

More Anime information of the new season of Nurarihyon no Mago.
wow! So sorry, I really forgot to take a look at the japanese SJ page first, Thanks!
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i'm curious about the new series, as everytime there are new series. this excitment if they good or bottom dewler for my loved ones is great.

i know now little bit about St&RS, but did they say more about the second one thats next time published?
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
i'm curious about the new series, as everytime there are new series. this excitment if they good or bottom dewler for my loved ones is great.

i know now little bit about St&RS, but did they say more about the second one thats next time published?
I've read something about it beeing a romantic-comedy, so I'm excited to read it.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It looks like the KochiKame anniversary this year will have a special KochiKame chapter (most likely by Akimoto) in 13 different Shueisha mags, starting with Ribon. Interesting considering what OP did for it's milestone this year...then again OP will be 15 next year...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top