Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

That's a good note to yourself.

I'm a little bit nervous about o-chem lab since we're dealing with really harsh chemicals.
Like stuff that could burn through my shoes.

I won't have a lab partner though, so I will only be a danger to myself. :lmao
I'd be nervous dealing with any type of chemical especially mixing chemicals
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Death and All His Friends

You're so full of entertaining stories that are funny at your expense. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pull the pipe off the valve?

I mean, I've never messed up to that degree, and I'm pretty reckless. Though, my stupid lab partner picked up a hot beaker with his bare hand and put it back on the table quickly and not gently, breaking the glass. -.-

Chemistry otherwise shouldn't be hard, just stay the fuck away from the damn burners and anything with fire. <_<
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Death and All His Friends

Oh, man did somebody just say chemistry?

Oh we do the craziest shit ever.

Good kids should never try this 1:

Yeah, we have a gas tap with 2 openings for 2 rubber tubes, so we lit one bunsen, and pointed it at the other opening with the gas on so there was like a flamethrower straight from the mains...

:darn

Thinking back if the flames ever burnt back into the gas supply shit would have been serious...:XD

Good Kids should never try this 2:
Yeah, fermentation? Ok, that was the experiment, and we were supposed to use like 5 grams of yeast with like a similarly small amount of sugar. What we did instead was use like 20 grams of yeast and like 50 grams of sugar, and used a rubber stopper, and tricked the teacher into keeping it warm for us for like half tthe day.

By the time we came back the rubber stopper had flown away and the yeast/sugar mixture had sprayed everywhere and covered the whole work bench. We believe the teacher was still warming it when it happened...>_>

It's actually only really funny because the difference between our flask (mostly brown from the 2 grams of yeast) and other groups (mostly clear, only tiny bits of yeast...) was so bloody obvious, but the teacher didn't notice at all and kept heating ours...cause without the temp kept at 30 none of the explosions woulda happened...

Ugh, too long. Too bad, you must listen to these stupid stories, even if it makes you go CSB, needs more dragons. :lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

I guess the most dangerous thing I've ever done in a lab was cook marshmallows over a bunsen burner...
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

Is your thread title a reference to Coldplay?
Hell yes it is. :derp
It's my favorite Coldplay song.

I'd be nervous dealing with any type of chemical especially mixing chemicals
I'm a little nervous about it, but I'll just have to be less head-in-the-clouds than I usually am. I just have to pay attention to what I'm doing which means I need to find time to start getting at least 5 hours of sleep a night. >.<

You're so full of entertaining stories that are funny at your expense. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pull the pipe off the valve?

I mean, I've never messed up to that degree, and I'm pretty reckless. Though, my stupid lab partner picked up a hot beaker with his bare hand and put it back on the table quickly and not gently, breaking the glass. -.-

Chemistry otherwise shouldn't be hard, just stay the fuck away from the damn burners and anything with fire. <_<
No, I didn't pull the pipe off of it. You had to screw it on and off, so it can't just pull off, you know what I mean. I'm not sure why someone would have disconnected it. Must have been a fluke.

Gen chem labs weren't very difficult or dangerous really. The hardest one was a titration. O-chem labs are really hard, semi-dangerous, and loooong though. I hope I still have fun though. I'm not sure how many of them will deal with burners yet. o~o

My lab partner Paris (poor girl) accidentally melted our test tube rack once. I had to explain to her that right after you hold a test tube directly inside a blue burner flame, that you CANNOT place it in a plastic test tube rack immediately afterwards :fail We both paid the lab fee though, so our instructor wasn't angry.


Oh, man did somebody just say chemistry?

Oh we do the craziest shit ever.

Good kids should never try this 1:

Yeah, we have a gas tap with 2 openings for 2 rubber tubes, so we lit one bunsen, and pointed it at the other opening with the gas on so there was like a flamethrower straight from the mains...

:darn

Thinking back if the flames ever burnt back into the gas supply shit would have been serious...:XD

Good Kids should never try this 2:
Yeah, fermentation? Ok, that was the experiment, and we were supposed to use like 5 grams of yeast with like a similarly small amount of sugar. What we did instead was use like 20 grams of yeast and like 50 grams of sugar, and used a rubber stopper, and tricked the teacher into keeping it warm for us for like half tthe day.

By the time we came back the rubber stopper had flown away and the yeast/sugar mixture had sprayed everywhere and covered the whole work bench. We believe the teacher was still warming it when it happened...>_>

It's actually only really funny because the difference between our flask (mostly brown from the 2 grams of yeast) and other groups (mostly clear, only tiny bits of yeast...) was so bloody obvious, but the teacher didn't notice at all and kept heating ours...cause without the temp kept at 30 none of the explosions woulda happened...

Ugh, too long. Too bad, you must listen to these stupid stories, even if it makes you go CSB, needs more dragons. :lmao
BakaHaze is right! XDDDD
How the hell did you get away with those things?? :lmao
My teacher would have had us suspended for things like that. You crazy!
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

I'm a little nervous about it, but I'll just have to be less head-in-the-clouds than I usually am. I just have to pay attention to what I'm doing which means I need to find time to start getting at least 5 hours of sleep a night. >.<
It's fun being heads in the clouds :D :D :D
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Death and All His Friends

No, I didn't pull the pipe off of it. You had to screw it on and off, so it can't just pull off, you know what I mean. I'm not sure why someone would have disconnected it. Must have been a fluke.

Gen chem labs weren't very difficult or dangerous really. The hardest one was a titration. O-chem labs are really hard, semi-dangerous, and loooong though. I hope I still have fun though. I'm not sure how many of them will deal with burners yet. o~o
Dude, it's you. You probably found a way to screw it off by accident. :|

Pfft, chemistry isn't dangerous at all, don't worry about burners. Just actually pay attention and be careful.

Too bad I don't have any stories to share. Promised myself to be safer and less idiotic when I went to new school in eighth grade. :( Get in trouble less, rather. Still got in trouble few times from eighth to tenth or eleventh grade. :oh The only risky things I've done and do is touch acid and frozen carbon dioxide or whatever with bare hands. Rather, I've touched most chemicals with bare hands just to see what would happen and whether the damage said was exaggerated or not. Acid burned, but not much.

My lab partner Paris (poor girl) accidentally melted our test tube rack once. I had to explain to her that right after you hold a test tube directly inside a blue burner flame, that you CANNOT place it in a plastic test tube rack immediately afterwards :fail We both paid the lab fee though, so our instructor wasn't angry.
Is she a blonde redneck? :oh
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

It's fun being heads in the clouds :D :D :D
Most of the time it is, yes. But it definitely has its draw-backs. I forget silly things and it takes a long time for me to learn. People will tell me something, and I won't remember what it was five minutes later because my mind's already wandered some place completely off topic. XD

I'm less bored this way though.

Dude, it's you. You probably found a way to screw it off by accident. :|

Pfft, chemistry isn't dangerous at all, don't worry about burners. Just actually pay attention and be careful.

Too bad I don't have any stories to share. Promised myself to be safer and less idiotic when I went to new school in eighth grade. :( Get in trouble less, rather. Still got in trouble few times from eighth to tenth or eleventh grade. :oh The only risky things I've done and do is touch acid and frozen carbon dioxide or whatever with bare hands. Rather, I've touched most chemicals with bare hands just to see what would happen and whether the damage said was exaggerated or not. Acid burned, but not much.


Is she a blonde redneck? :oh
Alright, whatever. >_>;

Acid burns are easy enough to neutralize without harm, if they aren't terribly strong. My mom touched frozen CO2 when we had it for our Harry Potter party butterbeer. :sweatdrop I told her specifically not to touch it, and she still did :fail

Remind me if you're in classes right now or not, M3J.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Death and All His Friends

What? Don't deny it. D:

And what happened? Curiosity is a bitch though. It's what made me touch chemicals with bare hands even when strongly advised not to. They exaggerate. You ever ignore warnings just to satiate your curiosity?

Not yet. It starts in approximately two weeks. Worst thing: I may have to commute about an hour, from NJ to PA. It suuuucks. What's worse with commuting is that I have more chances of being pulled over for speeding. D:
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

Most of the time it is, yes. But it definitely has its draw-backs. I forget silly things and it takes a long time for me to learn. People will tell me something, and I won't remember what it was five minutes later because my mind's already wandered some place completely off topic. XD

I'm less bored this way though.
Eh, I really like having my heads in the clouds because you get that extra moment of being free and lost in the clouds and then you get the crashing relization that there are other things that need to be taken care of.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Death and All His Friends

BakaHaze is right! XDDDD
How the hell did you get away with those things?? :lmao
My teacher would have had us suspended for things like that. You crazy!
:XD The back of my graduation jersey does say Lu-Natic...

:rofl
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Death and All His Friends

COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Now that i finished fangirling on the thread title

I did, I did!

I just finished my first complete week of school and let me just say that it is A LOT of work! University is a whole new ball game. I've already had 2 quizzes, and massive amounts of homework.

I don't even want to think about lab starting next week! :faint

Even so, I love school. I love it so muuuuch. Having an entire summer off was good in some ways, but awful in most.
I have to start revising all my first year material before i start in around a few weeks :/ I know summer is so hot and after you're done going out with your gang you're sitting bored at home, thank goodness for manga on a few days and boooks on the others but still some hwisnt bad, too much is overkill though
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Death and All His Friends

Naomi! :D
Uh I just wanted to post in your thread since its been so long.
Of course I have to ask something along with that..
how about how are you doing?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

And what happened? Curiosity is a bitch though. It's what made me touch chemicals with bare hands even when strongly advised not to. They exaggerate. You ever ignore warnings just to satiate your curiosity?

Not yet. It starts in approximately two weeks. Worst thing: I may have to commute about an hour, from NJ to PA. It suuuucks. What's worse with commuting is that I have more chances of being pulled over for speeding. D:
It just sort of burned her skin a little bit. Like her fingerprints were smooth where she touched it. She could have committed the perfect crime!

The first thing that comes to mind of when I have ignored warnings to satiate my curiosity are trying alcohol and pot. XD Glad I ignored the warnings because I had a lot of fun. :eyeroll As for trying something like that in chemistry class, I can't remember anything.

Is there anyone you can carpool with? That's quite a drive. And is it an hour one-way? So that you would be having to drive two hours per day?? That would really suck, M3J. :bored I drive 45 minutes to school and then 45 back. It actually isn't quite as bad as it sounds though. And you'll be more likely to speed since you might be running late in the mornings! :faint

What classes are you planning on taking?

Eh, I really like having my heads in the clouds because you get that extra moment of being free and lost in the clouds and then you get the crashing relization that there are other things that need to be taken care of.
There's a time and place for everything I suppose. What really gets my brain wandering is when there is music playing somewhere. Are you the same way? I bet so. Music just makes my imagination go wild.

:XD The back of my graduation jersey does say Lu-Natic...

:rofl
Translation please, translator!

COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!
:derp

Thanks for noticing. :hurr

I have to start revising all my first year material before i start in around a few weeks :/ I know summer is so hot and after you're done going out with your gang you're sitting bored at home, thank goodness for manga on a few days and boooks on the others but still some hwisnt bad, too much is overkill though
I know what you mean! Too much of anything can get boring. Just wait. Halfway through the semester I'm going to be counting down the days until break! XD I hate how things work that way.

What courses are you starting this year, Rave?

Naomi! :D
Uh I just wanted to post in your thread since its been so long.
Of course I have to ask something along with that..
how about how are you doing?
Zeltraxxxxxxxxx! 8D
It has been too long.
I'm doing pretty well. I'm happy to be back in school and work and doing something with my life. :rofl Summers can really rot my brain, I've found that out the hard way. Tomorrow I'm going to watch The Godfather. Sadly, those are the only remotely interesting things happening in my life at the moment.

How about you?

Killer set, by the way.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Death and All His Friends

It just sort of burned her skin a little bit. Like her fingerprints were smooth where she touched it. She could have committed the perfect crime!

The first thing that comes to mind of when I have ignored warnings to satiate my curiosity are trying alcohol and pot. XD Glad I ignored the warnings because I had a lot of fun. :eyeroll As for trying something like that in chemistry class, I can't remember anything.
Unless her hair fell or something! D:

Warnings are for losers anyway. Granted, today after spreading vegetable oil around on quesadilla maker, I wanted to set my fingers on fire to see if it'd spread to my arm as well. Curiosity sucks most of the time, no? :< Ever tried dropping frozen carbon dioxide down someone's back?

Is there anyone you can carpool with? That's quite a drive. And is it an hour one-way? So that you would be having to drive two hours per day?? That would really suck, M3J. :bored I drive 45 minutes to school and then 45 back. It actually isn't quite as bad as it sounds though. And you'll be more likely to speed since you might be running late in the mornings! :faint
I don't think I can. It is an hour one-way, whereas it was an hour two-way when I went to Brookdale. :( The problem is though, I have to cross parkway and turnpike, as well as risk traffic since I'm going to another state. :(

What classes are you planning on taking?
Business Communication
- Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00AM to 12:20PM

International Business
- Monday from 4:00PM to 5:50PM

Management Information Systems
- Tuesday at 1:00PM to 1:50PM

Management Information Systems (lecture)
- Monday at 10:00AM to 11:50AM (the time might kill me X_x)

Critical Reasoning
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2:00PM to 2:50PM
How about you?

Killer set, by the way.[/QUOTE]
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Death and All His Friends

Thou arth welcomest =3 Of course I would notice coldplay xD

I know what you mean! Too much of anything can get boring. Just wait. Halfway through the semester I'm going to be counting down the days until break! XD I hate how things work that way.

What courses are you starting this year, Rave?
Oh im continuing my first year courses we dont change so its 2 alevels chem and bion, and our 3 intermediates, english, physics, sok (a local useless thing WE HAVE TO TAKE by force) and philosophy
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Death and All His Friends

Lunatic needs translating :blink

:XD

Or was it the hyphen that was confuzzling?
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends

Naomidee said:
There's a time and place for everything I suppose. What really gets my brain wandering is when there is music playing somewhere. Are you the same way? I bet so. Music just makes my imagination go wild.
Music is the sole reason why my brain is like it is..

It just frees you and lets you not have a single care in the world. ........Ahhhhhh Relaxing.
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Death and All His Friends

^ My previous post.... I have a feeling it went in the wrong thead

:fail :facepalm :fail

UUUGGHHH
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Death and All His Friends



They actually have a shirt... xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top