Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Enigma will most likely be canceled in the next TOC. Chapter 53 was too climatic for it to have more than a week left.

It's sort of worrisome though, because once Enigma is gone, even established series like Nura and Kuroko are at risk. ST&RS had some upsets, but it's not necessarily a bottom dweller yet. And Magico looks like it's recovering from its slump.
 

arsg

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
77
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The main thing that would make me subscribe would be the addition of more manga, especially ones whose scans are lagging. A two week delay would be a big improvement for some series, I think adding content unavailable from anyone else would give them a big boost.
 
Last edited:

Sayaendo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
Palau
Enigma will most likely be canceled in the next TOC. Chapter 53 was too climatic for it to have more than a week left.

It's sort of worrisome though, because once Enigma is gone, even established series like Nura and Kuroko are at risk. ST&RS had some upsets, but it's not necessarily a bottom dweller yet. And Magico looks like it's recovering from its slump.
Isn't the next cancellation in December?
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Isn't the next cancellation in December?
There aren't any specific times for cancellations. Sakaki probably got a notice of cancellation a few weeks ago, which is why the series has headed towards a conclusion. It's possible that she ended the series on her own terms before it could get canceled, but the end result is the same either way.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Isn't the next cancellation in December?
I think it is coming soon since Murata said his coming back (but he could return to Young Jump), so the old series should start to get end/axe as early as next week.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Jump Issue #46 Preview



Lead CP/Cover: Bleach
Center Colour: Beelzebub, Welcome to the Competitive Dance Club (Oneshot, 47pg)

This is the last Issue of the Autumn Special Oneshots, so we could be expecting series to be cancelled (Enigma/ST&RS) and new series to come in.

Issue #46 might have the Golden Future Cup results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hoping Kurogane would be in the bottom 5 this week, but seeing it in the preview page makes me doubtful.
 
Last edited:

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Viz's idea of a web-based nearly close to the magazine Jump isn't too bad an idea...too bad it just feels like it's coming way too late in the game. I agree with the whole lack of Gintama that was brought up, but I also have to just say that this really should have come while people probably still gave a damn about what Viz wants to do.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I love the idea of subscribing softcopies of japanese manga magazine. To be honest, i read and am a fan of many series from other magazines. WSJ is only 6-7% of what i read. I will not pay for Viz's magazine at this moment because none of the series attracts me (and i can read the *cough*pirated*cough* version faster anyway).
If the idea spreads to all other magazines and the release date is simultaneous, i will gladly pay for the subscriptions. In fact, i actually think the softcopy version is much more practical than the bulky hardcopy. If i want to feel the paper in my hand, i will just buy the tankoubon (like what i do for scanlated series i like). :p

I hope the idea will be a success and expand to other magazines.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
As much as some may not really agree with this, I think some MH members should subscribe to give support to them and that should motivate them to get chapters out freakin' fast. And besides, you guys can just subscribe while reading Edited Manga at the same time. It's the very least we should do.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
If there is a way to suscribe for me a Mexican then I will for One Piece and Bakuman, those are the only 2 series I read weekly, but I highly doubt Viz will do that, seems like they only get US/Canda rights.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
As much as some may not really agree with this, I think some MH members should subscribe to give support to them and that should motivate them to get chapters out freakin' fast. And besides, you guys can just subscribe while reading Edited Manga at the same time. It's the very least we should do.
Yeaaaah after buying 23 volumes of Gintama and getting burned I don't think I'll suport them unless they intend on bringing it back. Especially since, yanno I don't NEED English tanks. I won't discourage anyone from joining if they so wish, so good luck to the rest of you~
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@Bomber:
Would you support a digital release-only continuation of Gintama? Like from volume 24 and on?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
@Bomber:
Would you support a digital release-only continuation of Gintama? Like from volume 24 and on?
I sure would. If they announced this I'd even put up with ads for Naruto and Bleach. But since the likelihood of this happening is zero to none, I'm not going to bother wasting valuble translating time wishing for it.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not going to bother wasting valuble translating time wishing for it.
i think it's determination and passion they lacking. this guy's does the translation because he wants to, not for money but for ... loving the series? thats something that holds back translators motivation on a hard project like gintama, which would require more time, but even than not 2 whole weeks. does anyone know how many translator work at viz? with 7 guys they "could" do a release within 3-5 days without problems.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Viz's idea of a web-based nearly close to the magazine Jump isn't too bad an idea...too bad it just feels like it's coming way too late in the game.
Me too. This idea should have came about the same time crunchyroll did their thing probably even sooner than that. But like I think Kaiten said it best, nobody wants to wait two weeks for something they can get for free. As long as it lasts anyway.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Me too. This idea should have came about the same time crunchyroll did their thing probably even sooner than that. But like I think Kaiten said it best, nobody wants to wait two weeks for something they can get for free. As long as it lasts anyway.
They tried to kill the anime with the same technique and failed.
I am not worried at all =D ! I <3 scans and Edited Manga groups and I hope they grow bigger and more famous :D
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
V Jump Issue #12:


Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL is on the Cover!
As much as I love Yugioh, Zexal just looks ridiculous XD

Thanks for posting the cover :3
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
V Jump Issue #12:


Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL is on the Cover!
It's V-Jump, not Shonen Jump unfortunately. Nice cover though.
Sorry about that. I really need to sleep more. @@
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
It's V-Jump, not Shonen Jump unfortunately. Nice cover though.
Oberon did wrote as V Jump.

---------- Post added October 19, 2011 at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

3 名前:T ◆27p9/DnZE//X [sage] 投稿日:2011/10/19(水) 14:13:12.64 発信元:218.46.108.181
46号

ドべから
スターズ
エニグマ
ハンター
コチカメ
黒子
47号巻頭はトリコ
cカラー クロガネ バクマン 
Issue 46 Bottom 5:
Kuroko no Basket
Kochikame
Hunter x Hunter
Enigma
St&rs

Issue 47:
Lead CP: Toriko
CP: Bakuman, Kurogane
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top