Sabishii otaku no shoujo

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I'm impulsive, manipulative and narcissistic, so yep I'm quite like Horo the Wise Wolf. ;)

And I do love the series, but then again I love paganism, wolves and medieval looking settings so I'm biased.
I see. :D

I'm glad you like it. ^^ I like medieval stuff too and Horo is just too cute! :wub
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
She is kawaii and so am I. ;)

If you like medieval stuff then do you like Claymore?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Well don't worry, you're at least one of the above. :^_^
Of course. :cheez

And Indian? Don't forget the Indianisation of south-east Asia.
Too bad, I don't really know anything related to Indian here. :derp

Well... dont, because you'll just be disappointed that it isn't the same London we show to foreigners in books. And don't expect it to feel English either, you need to see our rural communities to get a sense of that. But a trip to London ought to be cheaper than going to Africa and Pakistan and Poland I suppose, you'll experience rootless and degraded versions of a lot of the worlds cultures if you visit London... :p

But whatever you do, just stay away from Manchester and Liverpool, or you'll wish you never came here... Those cities would be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder if they were people, instead of cities that are breeding grounds for lowlife. Nothing good has come out of Manchester since the very early (pre-rave) 90s, and nothing of note from Liverpool since the Beatles in the 1960s, except for an axed television soap about incest and people burying a dead body under their patio. Unbelievably both places, have a tourist industry - don't bother.

Nice places in Britain to visit would be the New Forest, the Peaks and the Lakes, Cornwall's coasts and the Scilly Isles, Norfolk Broads, Yorkshire Dales, Snowdonia, the Scottish Islands and the Highlands of Scotland etc... but there are places that too many people ignore as destinations like the Pembrokeshire coast in Wales and Dumfries and Galloway in southwest Scotland, that are as least as good and you don't need to worry about the tourist season or avoiding tacky tourist traps. I love both of them...
But I still want to get the feel of London. :p
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll see whether I can afford to go those places later on.. Someday far off in the future.. :scry

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Welcome to MangaHelpers, faintsmile! So you have met my fellow spammer friend. Such discussions going on there. Please pardon her as she's quite a maniac in that kind of things, hahaha~
Hah, and you're so late on coming here. :-_-

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

And here I always want to hear the real-life British English. :( :XD
Dream on! Hahaha~ :kukuku

But it is true that British people is hard to find around here... I can always meet American people but not British.. :worrybunny

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Well don't bite me lol...
She'll bite you.

Thanks for your compliments, but I don't feel lonely, I feel lonesome and there's a difference.
True, true... there's a difference. :nod

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

And I do love the series, but then again I love paganism, wolves and medieval looking settings so I'm biased.
:wtf

Dang! I think we're going to be a good friend!! Wolves and medieval? :zomg I'm looking forward for great discussion in the future. ;)
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
But I still want to get the feel of London. :p
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll see whether I can afford to go those places later on.. Someday far off in the future.. :scry
Dream on! Hahaha~ :kukuku

But it is true that British people is hard to find around here... I can always meet American people but not British.. :worrybunny
Do you realise that you might not understand our spoken accents without difficulty?

She'll bite you.
Don't worry, I can bite back ;)

True, true... there's a difference. :nod
There is *sigh*... I've found that special someone but I can't have him.

"I'm never less at leisure than when at leisure, or less alone than when alone." - Scipio Africanus

I think this quote sums up my attitude as a loner with no emotional bonds to others except one boy I can't have, like an instinct to mate and breed.

Dang! I think we're going to be a good friend!! Wolves and medieval? :zomg I'm looking forward for great discussion in the future. ;)
Well I assumed you'd like them if you like Neofolk, because Neofolk celebrates Northern European identity and culture, and our ancestors saw wolves as Woden's dogs.

Do you love Wolfs Rain too?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Where in Northwest? I'm in the Midlands, Brummieland :whoo
Well, I'm quite a bit to your north lol, but not as far north as Cumbria. We might be moving to mid-Wales soon anyway, into a static caravan between Lampeter and Aberaeron.
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
Wolf's Rain!!! :zomg Haven't met anyone that liked it round here
Wolfs Rain is good, I love its philosophical and religious influences, as well as wolves being awesome. (Even though I'm more like a fox or a jackal than a wolf myself.) Wolves were sacred in pre-Meiji Japan when Westernisers exterminated them with firearms for he first time, because they'd introduced livestock farming to the traditionally Buddhist country. So wolves have become an important symbol of tradition and heritage in Japan.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,148
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi and welcome to mh fainty~~~ :party

Nice title for the thread. Well being lonely is not nice but you get my point, I think.

Wolf's Rain!!! :zomg Haven't met anyone that liked it round here
How come you never mentioned it to me?

:wtf
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
I now have crushes on Kiba and Toboe after watching Wolfs Rain... bestiality much? ;)
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
I still haven't watched/read it.
If you like medieval things then really would enjoy it... but watch the anime first, or you'll be disappointed by it after the ongoing manga even though the anime is excellent, apart from the ending being botched.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Hmmm okay. Though I usually start from the manga (if that's the original). I don't think I'll be disappointed, but okay, I think I'll watch it first.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Do you realise that you might not understand our spoken accents without difficulty?
I know, I know... But still, I'm curious. :XD

Don't worry, I can bite back ;)
:hurr

There is *sigh*... I've found that special someone but I can't have him.

"I'm never less at leisure than when at leisure, or less alone than when alone." - Scipio Africanus

I think this quote sums up my attitude as a loner with no emotional bonds to others except one boy I can't have, like an instinct to mate and breed.
There is always someone who we can't have... *sigh*

Well I assumed you'd like them if you like Neofolk, because Neofolk celebrates Northern European identity and culture, and our ancestors saw wolves as Woden's dogs.

Do you love Wolfs Rain too?
Hahaha, Woden, huh? I recognized him as Odin since I know more about Norse mythology.

Oh no, I haven't got the chance to watch it. When it first came out, I wasn't a big fan of anime.
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Too much girls talk on the first page, only thanks to benelori was I able to finish it :D

Somebody mentioned Wolfs Rain recently don't remember the reason though.
I was wondering how the hunt for interesting people is going. For some reason I'm not posting much on the other forum and we barely meet there so I though I'd leave you the questions here ^^ (also was digging up some old threads so was in the moods for posts like this^^)
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
Too much girls talk on the first page, only thanks to benelori was I able to finish it :D

Somebody mentioned Wolfs Rain recently don't remember the reason though.
I was wondering how the hunt for interesting people is going. For some reason I'm not posting much on the other forum and we barely meet there so I though I'd leave you the questions here ^^ (also was digging up some old threads so was in the moods for posts like this^^)
Most people everywhere are boring lol, interesting company is rare. ;)

You must post when I'm asleep, or in different threads on AW.
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Most people everywhere are boring lol, interesting company is rare. ;)

You must post when I'm asleep, or in different threads on AW.
I'm generally missing you on the 'Online members' list :/

Was also curious do you do group chats?
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
You must be logging into AW when I'm asleep then, because it says I'm online whenever I'm on AW. I check all the time though, cause I'm like God watching over my sheep. ;)

I don't do group chats but I considered adding a Java chatroom to AW because a couple of members suggested it, I think you were one of them Wizzard. But I think the shoutbox does for now till we get more regular members, if people aren't using it when you're on they wouldn't be using a JAVA chat either.

Wizzard, I'd be happy with the traffic we have for now, except there's isn't enough animanga discussion, or discussions about Jap games and console regions. If we get more traffic in future, then I'll stick up a chat room after we switch to a phpBB forum on a server. But it's not just my forum, I only created it while I was in hospital remember? Is that OK?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

LOL we're the same age now.
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
(It's not gonna last :D) (You needa correct you bio here ^^)
I must've missed the hospital part while scrooling around...
You don't like them? Group chats?

(Yes, I was one of those ^^)(who got told It's already on the list)
^^
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
I sometimes lurk in group chats then single someone out, its how I work.

What's not going to last?
 
Top