Will killua become an assasin?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Obviously killua does not want this however at large everyone in his family is convinced he will eventually take the job as they seem to think he has a natural calling towards that.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v05/c042/20.html
In particular that moment I find disturbing.

Now, he might become an assasin at some point however with higher scrupules than his won family. Say, by becoming form the black list he could make a living out of killing criminals for example. Any of the crime fighting hunter paths would at some point require the murder of someone. He could end up taking the family business but kill people who he honestly thinks are evil. What does everyone think?
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I think it would pretty believable for Killua to become a "good guy" assassin. Right now it's far off though; at the moment he is focused completely on his day-to-day goals rather than his future. As for his father's (and the rest of his family's) insistence that he'll return to them to become an assassin, I see that as simple narcissism; Silva subconsciously sees Killua as an extension of himself, so he presumes Killua will do what he want.

I think Killua has shown himself to be stubborn and proud enough not to bend to his family's will, and has expressed no interest in becoming an assassin. I feel sure he's going to carry on doing the things he wants, and I don't see assassination as one of those.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
This question is not that off topic in my opinion, but I'm wondering how much did he discard from his past as an assassin...because the question of the OP implies he is not an assassin anymore...of course considering his current goals and title he is not, but what of his personality...did he change completely, or is he still just a shadow between Gon's world and his own past?
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm assuming you're talking about this happening sometime during the story, as opposed to some kind of epilogue where you learned Killua became the greatest assassin ever?

Killua's way too strong as an assassin for story purposes. Looking at the Ant arc he is quite good at pinpointing weak spots for one hit kill. Given his overall talent and strength, it's hard to imagine even a comparable level character having a chance against someone with such a massive array of killing moves like Killua. Even with lightning downgraded (honestly all he has to do is super speed, lightning zap, snap neck and that'd kill any human that's not a Z), he's still too good at killing people for there to be a meaningful story.

I don't really think Killua is someone who agrees with something like "I kill in the name of good". He is tired of killing people and he even hesitated killing any Ants that show any human characteristics even though it was a mission to save the world. Even if he gets a job to say take out the Spiders, I imagine he'd still try to capture them alive since he's put his assassin ways behind him.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

This question is not that off topic in my opinion, but I'm wondering how much did he discard from his past as an assassin...because the question of the OP implies he is not an assassin anymore...of course considering his current goals and title he is not, but what of his personality...did he change completely, or is he still just a shadow between Gon's world and his own past?
Killua has said quite a few times that he's now a Hunter, not just 'an assassin on the good guy's side'. It's pretty clear stuff like sneaking up to people and snap someone's neck is not how a Hunter is supposed to act. I don't see Killua ever going back to being an assassin like he did in the Ant arc, and even there he really had problem killing any human-like Ants. He might use his former knowledge but I don't see him ripping people's head off.
 

Host Samurai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
677
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I always thought that Killua was looking for a goal in his life. Since he is the only one out of the group who hasn't find a purpose yet. Now with the recent developments in the current Arc, he has found a hint, which is to free Alluka from his shackles. That could also lead him to the path of becoming an Assassin again.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I always thought that Killua was looking for a goal in his life. Since he is the only one out of the group who hasn't find a purpose yet. Now with the recent developments in the current Arc, he has found a hint, which is to free Alluka from his shackles. That could also lead him to the path of becoming an Assassin again.
If he's willing to go back on the path of the assassin to save Alluka, why not just wish for anything that resembles inviniciblity and let some poor bloke die (for pestering). This would be completely unstoppable even by his family.

I can see if someone killed Alluka he might go back to being an assassin, but saving Alluka is trivial if he's willing to kill to free her given Alluka's power is pretty much invinicible to begin with and the only drawback is other people may die horribly in the process.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You know, I always thought that becoming a Hunter is what will become Killua different of its family. After all it's the theme of the series, being a Hunter I mean. It's about different approaches of two kids who wants to become one and how they're changing due it and what they learn in daily basis.

Killua will become a Blacklist Hunter. That doesn't mean He wont kill anymore, only He wont do it as a job.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,886
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
I believe he'll return to being a Assassin one day hopefully....Silvia knows that his journey with Gon will end one day and then Killua will have friends, but they'll probably be pursuing their own goals or whatever the journey may not be Killua's taste....Thats when he'll return to the side of Evil muhahaha.....NO but seriously like how Killua didn't feel as strongly towards Kaito as Gon did, something like that is gonna happen again and Killiua is gonna decide to split apart from Gon again..
 
Top