Negative Syndicate
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / BeginnerRe: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
On the side note, Kanou also said that he favors on doing dark stories and he doesn't really enjoy doing ecchi series.
Well, I only got from what Kanou said, so I'm not sure whether his words are true or not.Personally, even though I've barely read any of Mx0, I highly doubt he went to his editor and just out of the blue wanted to end it. It was ranking terribly for awhile before it got canned and while he may have hit a block where he couldn't write good plots anymore, that is probably what got him canceled and got the low rankings. Jump doesn't just let authors end when they feel like it. They sign contracts and keep writing at the very least till those contracts are up. Remember, it's a major business, they value money way more than artistic integrity.
On the side note, Kanou also said that he favors on doing dark stories and he doesn't really enjoy doing ecchi series.

He has the perfect situation at Jump: he can write as little as he wants, decide when serialization ends himself, take a few years off, come back end his next serialization whenever he wants, take a few years off, come back and end his current serialization after less than six months. Quite a deal for a mangaka who has never even had one of his titles adapted to anime 
