Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
...have some sense to you in this thread KD, I know it's hard! :arf
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They can't pull you over for going with the traffic. Just go the same speed as the car in front of you and they won't do anything. Police know it's better and safer to go with the flow of the traffic than obey the speed limit.


I confess I went 15 above speed limit on a freeway in front of police twice, once in PA and once in NJ, and never got pulled over. I'm proud. I go like, 80-90 mph if possible, and I love it.

I confess that I never got another speeding ticket. My second ticket was reckless driving, but I never got another speeding. \o/
You're "blessed" then. I'm not so lucky... sighs. ya, I usually go the speed of traffic (except in both cases, me getting the ticket and afterwards blocking all the other speeders lol, I was the car in front - and additionally with my ticket... I was the only car on the road out of school... ARGH.... went around the damn corner and a cop with their radar gun caught me... DAMNIT! I was going like 50 mph and the speed limit was 35, couldn't help it, as its a long single road in and out of school, and the only road in and out of school... 35 mph is so god damn slow.... I think they intentionally built the school with that single long road as the only road in and out of school specifically for catching students and bulging the pockets of the cops with even more money after you got to goddamn pay like 150 dollars for a parking permit just for that single symester.... it's so.... unlawful... just a bunch of greedy theives in badges.... get the hell out of school.... I'll take my chances with the "boogeyman" (0.00000000000000000000000001% of all school deaths) school shooter going on a shooting spree-rampage.... V.V The cops are more threatening and dangerous anyways..... V.V

------------------

M3J said:
They can't pull you over for going with the traffic. Just go the same speed as the car in front of you and they won't do anything. Police know it's better and safer to go with the flow of the traffic than obey the speed limit.
Is this in legal writing, the Penal Code?

whereas, I'm sure the Speed Limit... is the LAW (in the penal code)... the police have the legal right-power to enforce it, do they not?

(I have no doubt, that legally, no matter what you do or don't do like in regards to driving speed, you can be given a ticket at any time the cop feels like it as you're always breaking the law with it worded so universally broad, sighs...)

if I'm wrong, please correct me. Though I'm not about to shove the law in the cop's face, as that's going straight to cop brutality upon me... cops (and anyone in power for that matter) don't like to be told: "No, you can't do that, it's an unlawful and/or Unconstitutional act, even by you, officer of the law".
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
If you're the only car, it's obvious not to go fast. Five above is good, but ten is pushing it. Guess you need to be good.

It's not, but it's common sense. Many can tell you that cops don't pull over others for going with the flow of traffic, especially since it means they'd have to pull others over as well. Just don't cut or drive like a douche and you'll get away with it. The police won't pull you over for speeding as long as you're not the only one, going too fast, or cutting people. Drive safely.

Once again, if you're the fastest or speed by yourself, you'll likely get in trouble. Or, I'm just awesome as I managed to get away with speeding so many times, and I've gone pretty fast.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The police can pull you over for just about anything. If they see you operating a mobile device, not wearing your seat belt, driving funny, if you have a broken headlight or taillight. It's when they pull you over for that that they can also cite you for speeding. Police officers are humans too, they're not robots.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Then I'm just awesome. ANd as an awesome person, I demand people blow me like a Nintendo cartidge. :3c
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Then I'm just awesome. ANd as an awesome person, I demand people blow me like a Nintendo cartidge. :3c
No it's called luck. The cop was probably having a good day or he felt sorry for your girth or something. Speed laws are almost always enforced.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Happened quite a few times. You're just jealous, you hairy sack of bear jealous.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Happened quite a few times. You're just jealous, you hairy sack of bear jealous.
Jealous of what? I've never been pulled over...so, no.
 

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
i confess that i still dont know how to drive a car :ohaielmo
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
i confess that i still dont know how to drive a car :ohaielmo
It seems much more common for people to not be licensed in European countries than it is here. It's easier and cheaper to be licensed here as well, so that also has something to do with it I think.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
-.- When I check the General Thread, I just saw all the old threads being bumped up and this one was almost on Page 2...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Oh, I think that was rudoforu :nod
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay.... I'm even more jealous of truly (100%) lucky xi0 ..... V.V

I've only had a few problems with driving myself... but I still have no luck (I am the "murphies law" or a "gov-cop target")... unlike M3J and especially xi0... unless both of you are cheating... and paying off the cops or however to get them to "look the other way"... laughs
 
Last edited:

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
Why do I need to drive, when I can get someone else to do it for me? ;)

Sleeping in a Volkswagen camper would be nice, though.
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
that's the real secret... having someone drive you all the time. it'd be nice to be a rich person, and have a limoxeen (lol, mind death, I can't remember hwo to spell limozeen, lol) drive everywhere, that way I would ahve no driving record, no tickets, lol.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I guess it's luck, yeah. But mostly I don't drive recklessly. Not saying I've never speeded, but I don't go 20 over the limit or anything like that.
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
that's the real secret... having someone drive you all the time. it'd be nice to be a rich person, and have a limoxeen (lol, mind death, I can't remember hwo to spell limozeen, lol) drive everywhere, that way I would ahve no driving record, no tickets, lol.
Do you confess to not knowing how to spell 'how', HK lol?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't chea tor anything. I'm just that good a driver. Only reason I even got caught speeding was because it was at night and I couldn't see the cops as well. Now, it's easier for me to get away, especially since I have a plan. Like I said, flow of the traffic or the car in front of you. Speed and drive smart and you won't get in trouble.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I guess it's luck, yeah. But mostly I don't drive recklessly. Not saying I've never speeded, but I don't go 20 over the limit or anything like that.
When the highways are 60 MPH, I find it increasingly difficult to not go 20 over the speed limit. :arf
Sometimes it takes a lot of effort for me to go under 70. In the end, it might be a good thing that there's so much traffic on my way to school. :fail But srsface, why do highways ever need to be a measly 60? :scry
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top