Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E : 2012/02/07(火) 18:00:55.83 ID:2mY7mEX5P [1/5回発言]
PC治ったばっかるコーン。

表紙巻頭 ブリーチ
ナルト
ワンピ
トリコ
バクマン
ニセコイ C
べるぜ
銀球
すけっと
リボーン
クロガネ C
こち亀
ぬらり
ハンター
パッキー
いぬまるだし
マジコ
めだか
黒子
スターズ
鏡の国


12号は新連載 バイキューが巻頭
ぬらり C
黒子 C

Issue #11 TOC

Bleach (Lead CP, Cover, 22P)
Naruto
One Piece
Toriko
Bakuman
Nisekoi (Center Colour) + 4 Koma
Beelzebub
Gintama
Sket Dance
Katekyō Hitman Reborn!
Kurogane (Center Colour)
Kochikame
Nurarihyon no Mago
Hunter x Hunter
Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky
Inumaru Dashi
Magico
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Basket
ST&RS
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa -Epilogue- (End)

Issue #12 Information
New Series/Lead CP: Haikyuu-!! (54P)
Center Colour: Nurarihyon no Mago, Kuroko no Basket

Issue #13 Information
New Series/Lead CP: Pajama Girl
 
Last edited:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Ouch seeing Medaka so deep into the bottom five. Well with the anime coming soon I guess it doesn;t really matter, but I still hope it picks up. Looks like Magico is down there too and Pakky is somehow...not down there.

So we're getting a new series next week eh? Any idea what it's about or which genre it is?
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So we're getting a new series next week eh? Any idea what it's about or which genre it is?
I couldn't find anything on it.

The name kinda sounds similar to Haikyu-!! A volleyball oneshot published in Jump NEXT! by the author of Yotsuya.

I really hope it isn't!
 

hao-sama

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
46
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

nuramago not in bottom 5 what is this sorcery
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The name kinda sounds similar to Haikyu-!! A volleyball oneshot published in Jump NEXT! by the author of Yotsuya.
I feel like new series is actually Haikyuu!!. I think ohana wrote as Baikyuu as a joke.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Probably Mago next color page is for the anniversary. Oh, I want a lead color page so bad..
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I feel like new series is actually Haikyuu!!. I think ohana wrote as Baikyuu as a joke.
is anything know about it?
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I agree with what's been said that it is most likely going to be a volleyball manga, I guess Jump is try to get another sports series in the mag, they haven't had very good luck with sports series in a while lol
 

PaseR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Wow, Naruto in 1st is always a good thing to see. Let's hope it keeps the 1st place for some few weeks :P

Top 3 normal, with Naruto, One Piece and Toriko. Let's see if Bleach has the possibility to mess with this top 3 with the new and final arc.
Bakuman and Beel closes the top 5, normal for me.

Nisekoi also gains 4 koma? Didn't knew, i'm looking foward to it, as also to the color page of Kurogane.
Reborn, NuraMago and HxH are high, compared to the places where they used to be, Magico is kind of low, i hope it recovers.

Pakki, also recovered from the last place, but i don't read this manga, so I don't know if it's fair or not.
Stars is dead last, and Kuroko has to get better (next week gets a color page).

New series next week, i hope it's not the manga of voleyball, i didn't like it very much, but oh well, if it is, it's another sports manga, and that's is always good. Maybe next week, Stars ends. That will mean that maybe we will also have a new series in issue #13.

Sorry for the long post ;)
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

yeah after kagami ended fairly natural and st&rs to be a flop, i anticipate the new follow ups and hope for something that is more to my interest. a sport manga would totally against that.don't know why jump must try to satisfy every genre and not specialys in school life / fantasy battle. it's not like more people will be the magazine just because of one sport series that they like, the would prefer the takoubon edition.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

hm, having read the oneshot, I can't say I'm too optimistic.
Assuming it is Haikyu.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Don't know why jump must try to satisfy every genre and not specialys in school life / fantasy battle. it's not like more people will be the magazine just because of one sport series that they like, the would prefer the takoubon edition.
It's never because of just one manga in WSJ... nor would they profit from concentrating one two or three genres alone, the magazine was always about variety.

Sad to see St&rs so low again and go on each week with the knowledge that it will probably end in the next couple weeks. They should at least make them meet the aliens for a proper end.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Oh come on...Medaka Box doesn't deserve to be so low. I think the top 4 are definitely justified though.

And I figured Mago would be at rock bottom for much longer, even though I don't read it, but oh well.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Good TOC, glad to see Mago rise a bit. The story starts to drag but I still don't think it deserved all these low positions. I'm pretty sure it will stay until the end though, the story is currently at the last arc before they definitely will face the last boss. It's very likely that it will end in the one or two years.


And even though it's not rated this time, I'm really really glad that Nisekoi is doing fine. So far the story is funny and enjoyable, it may not be perfect but to me it's one of the best new series in the last years and compared to STARS didn't drop in quality. STARS had a great premise but the only great chapter was the first one, everything after that felt way too limited and too cliche :/ still sad to see it go soon though.


@Zatono I agree about Medaka, the series was great lately but it always jumps up and down. Kumagawa is the absolute fan favourite and maybe the most important reason why it even got an anime from Gainax (speculation from my side). I get the feeling every (most) time he appears the chapter is rated high.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

yeah after kagami ended fairly natural and st&rs to be a flop, i anticipate the new follow ups and hope for something that is more to my interest. a sport manga would totally against that.don't know why jump must try to satisfy every genre and not specialys in school life / fantasy battle. it's not like more people will be the magazine just because of one sport series that they like, the would prefer the takoubon edition.
There are many magazines that concentrate on one type of manga, or a few styles, hoping to attract a specific audience. Middle school kids are the core audience for shounen-action and that is not a ghetto Jump likely wants to be trapped in. By having a little variety there is at least some hope of maintaining interest from older teen readers. More importantly sports manga, comedy, harem, and romcon are very traditional shounen genres. Concentrating on action is one thing, abandoning genres that have a long, august history in Jump is another story. They have always had those genre and likely always intend to.

There is also the factor that having so many titles from one genre splits votes. New action manga struggle when they have to take votes from One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, KHR, Torko, Beelze, Nura, Magico, and HxH. Most of the new action manga from the last two years have been canceled.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

True. Stuff like G Fantasy are very specific in type. I think the magazine Akagi is/was serialized in is based solely on Mahjong manga. There are a lot of manga magazines, but some much smaller in distribution.

This place has a pretty good list:
http://comipedia.com/

Though stuff like Shounen Jump and Shounen Magazine are all pretty broad-based, beyond all being Shounen magazines.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

If new series is Haikyuu!, then I want to see Jump to have a revival of having three successful sport series. I think the last three successful sport series that Jump had were Tennis no Oujisama, Mr. Fullswing, and Eyeshield 21.

Also, from 2ch, it looks like a second new series is called Pajama na Kanojo, by Hamada Kousuke (author of Dogashi Kaden), and it said it'll be a romcom/fantasy manga.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Pajama girl? ..I know I shouldn't be saying this as the new series haven't even debuted yet, but these new series don't sound very promising imo :P oh well, I wish them luck all the same
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

True. Stuff like G Fantasy are very specific in type. I think the magazine Akagi is/was serialized in is based solely on Mahjong manga. There are a lot of manga magazines, but some much smaller in distribution.

This place has a pretty good list:
http://comipedia.com/

Though stuff like Shounen Jump and Shounen Magazine are all pretty broad-based, beyond all being Shounen magazines.
There are a lot of magazines focused on bishoujo/moe now too. Comic Alive comes to mind. Whatever the demographic these are not magazines that are even looking for mainstream success. They are marketed towards a specific niche and have no interest in competing with Jump or Magazine or w/e.

If new series is Haikyuu!, then I want to see Jump to have a revival of having three successful sport series. I think the last three successful sport series that Jump had were Tennis no Oujisama, Mr. Fullswing, and Eyeshield 21.

Also, from 2ch, it looks like a second new series is called Pajama na Kanojo, by Hamada Kousuke (author of Dogashi Kaden), and it said it'll be a romcom/fantasy manga.
I liked Dogashi Kaiden, glad to see the mangaka is making a comeback. I'm looking forward to at least seeing the preview. Not sure what to think about next weeks new series. I never read the one shot.

Does anyone know what happened to Takahashi Ichirou? I never read Volleyball Tsukai Gouda Gou but I really liked Obake Life, a one shot he did in 2009.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top