Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
Spoilers and TOC were early this week so you have to look on tuesday posts
Spoilers and TOC were early this week so you have to look on tuesday posts
Actually, it's three days, the 3rd, the 4th, and the 5th.For two days, those are pretty good numbers all around. Toriko's almost caught up to Gintama, too.
Engima had decent sales at one point. They just stagnated and fell when it's popularity/TOC ranking crashed. I'm not surprised it's final volume would sell halfway decently. Plus, it's final chapter was run in Jump Next, so it probably gets a boost in sales from people that wanted to see the ending, but didn't want to buy Jump Next.Odd how Enigma, a series that's ended, would be in the top 30 while Kurogane, an ongoing series, isn't. Ah, well.
I'd still really like to see an Enigma anime, it'd only have to be around 24 episodes to tell the whole story.
Enigma also failed to make top 30 until volume 3, so Kurogane may do a same thing as Enigma.Kurogane on the other hand, for all it's doing well in the TOC, it didn't manage to place in the top 50 as I recall. So I'm not surprised that volume 2 would fail to make the top 30.

St&rs is definitely going to end along with Kagami, so you don't have to worry about it (just prepare to say good-bye).I'm still worried about ST&RS though.![]()
That's true. It hasn't been doing well since its inception. ;___; I just hope that another series in JUMP will have a unique premise that ST&RS had.St&rs is definitely going to end along with Kagami, so you don't have to worry about is (just prepare to say good-bye).
How are you gonna say he ripped something off after just one chapter? We don't even know where he's taking the plot yet or who the enemies will be and you already saying he ripping something off. So if someone else use Holy War, they ripped off Saint Saiya too, give me a break.Wooow.. Just looking at the first chapter of this so called Bleach Last arc I get the feeling this is yet another rip off of Saint Seiya.. Heck even the "Holy War" is the main event in Saint Seiya´s last arc.. I mean Lost Canvas (Saint Seiya spin-off) is based in the previous "Holy War" in the SSuniverse..
I am not surprised Kubo has been taking its plots from SS since a long time ago (At least IMO), should have taken them from a better writter than Kurumada (And this comes from a Kurumada fan) since his plots become repetitive after a certain number of volumes (Around 20).
Am glad Nura out of the bottom too hopefully its stays out of it. Oh ST&RS will end soon, its just a matter of time.Not a bad TOC this week since almost all my reading list are in the top half of the rankings. Sket fell off of the top five position, but at least Nurarihyon is out of the bottom this week. I'm still worried about ST&RS though.![]()
I think this is in the context of his other "rip offs" of Saint Seiya, that's why people are so quick to condemn him.How are you gonna say he ripped something off after just one chapter? We don't even know where he's taking the plot yet or who the enemies will be and you already saying he ripping something off. So if someone else use Holy War, they ripped off Saint Saiya too, give me a break.
the last arc of beelzebub is also a ripoff? or didn't the main character go into the lair to save hilda within a time constraint? just reminded me of naruto, which rescued sasuke/gaara and far more. that the powers are similiar is a different thing, but it's not like there are many different mangas where this is also the case. there are enough mangas with fire caster, illusionists and so on. there are same examples given which seems like a ripoff, but that would mean that everything besides the spotted things are not copied?Now not only are some characters similar but the arc itself and how it was presented (Having to save someone in a certain time constraint and doing so in the "enemies lair" so to speak is basically Saint Seiya´s trademar -its repeated on all its 3 arcs to a certain extent-) ...
i didn't want to offend you or anything, just saying something about copywrite law. that it's heavy influenced by saint seiya could be true, but was significant smaller than bleach.@perroloco ...
Seriously bro? You can do what you want sure, but I think your intent is twisted.Oh shiiiii..... really?
I'm going to stop buying the official books from them then.
Payback time!