Some people are motivated by carrots, others by sticks. But nobody is motivated by carrot sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
That's the whole point. :cheez
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Riki I managed to read your novel....and I want it to continue :wtf...it's so cursive and entertaining..I even got trolled at some point -_-; ...I'm so curious what will happen with Kyah and Roku....:zomg

so to sum it up: I loved it...bit time
Glad you like the short story. :hug What part did I troll you?

The next work I'm planning is a novel introducing the world, but it's going to be around 1,000 years in the future though I probably leave clues about what happened to Roku and Kyah. Hint: They lived a peaceful life.

Right now, I'm trying to organize my ideas for the story (e.g. timeline, nations, cultures, etc.), but I have the beginning written in my head. I'm still working on the middle and I have an idea on how to end it though it's still uncompleted. I also want to make a map and I found a computer program for it though it's only free for 30 days. >.> I'll probably start writing it after the school year is over (17 days left! :whoo) and I finished reapplying for my teaching license.

Not exactly. It's just that Iron Man 3, Thor 2, CA 2 (not sure for CA) movies will build up the Avengers 2. So they'll have elements of answers (through threat or others) until the main point of the epilogue in Avengers 2.

Oh and yeah, it seems that, following the excellent reviews about the new Hulk, we'll probably (certainly) see a new film in 2015 (with the same actor, of course).
I heard great things about the new actor playing the Hulk. I really want to watch The Avengers this week but I'll be busy for this week and the next, which totally sucks. :bored
 
Last edited:

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I heard great things about the new actor playing the Hulk. I really want to watch The Avengers this week but I'll be busy for this week and the next, which totally sucks. :bored
You won't be the only one. :scry
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I know that there is a mindmapping online program...one just needs an account to use it and it's for free...Don't remember the link to it tho...I'll pm you after I'll check it out.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Finally finished! :arf Would've been sooner but I kept getting sidetracked :sweat

Really nice story riki, I was so naive that I had never suspect Jannea(?) to be an accomplice of the Merzakian soldiers. The reveal sort of just hits you and then you quickly carry on with the story.

Hope you have time to give us more, you've got a talent :thumbs
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
don't spoil bob, i didn't finish to read :yelling
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Uhh... avoid my thread then, scav. ^^;
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
are u telling me: get the fck outta my thread in a polite way? :gwah
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
are u telling me: get the fck outta my thread in a polite way? :gwah
Not really. I would recommend avoiding my thread until you finish my story so you won't be spoiled. :p

Yes, she's just too nice to use such words :blush

I'm off to bed now, night riki :chu
Well, people do say that I'm too nice sometimes. :p

BTW, I'm glad that the ploy in my story worked because I was somewhat worried that it was too obvious. ^^

Night! :chu
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Janae wasn't really of my concern.. I actually got trolled when Kyah had those visions which were actually memories....
and when she thought she was Merzak's priestess :s...gosh I really believed that for a second -_-;
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, I'm glad that the ploy in my story worked because I was somewhat worried that it was too obvious. ^^
Nah it worked well

There were a few twists in there, not too much I felt; but just enough to make you think you had a grip on the story and then throw you off when it was all revealed. It was interesting I found, trying to figure out what the spell cast on Kyah was before it was revealed. And when it was finally revealed it was so horrible :eek
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Janae wasn't really of my concern.. I actually got trolled when Kyah had those visions which were actually memories....
Oh, the visions? Those were actually happening during her walk around the temple because the illusions were breaking apart temporarily, which hinted that something wasn't right.

and when she thought she was Merzak's priestess :s...gosh I really believed that for a second -_-;
I think you mean Puria's priestess but I get what you're saying. ^^

Nah it worked well

There were a few twists in there, not too much I felt; but just enough to make you think you had a grip on the story and then throw you off when it was all revealed. It was interesting I found, trying to figure out what the spell cast on Kyah was before it was revealed. And when it was finally revealed it was so horrible :eek
Yeah, I had that concept stuck in my head two years but it finally formulated into a story with a beginning, middle, and end. In fact, I may write a prequel to it based from Roku's POV though the ending is somewhat spoiled. :p

IMy next story idea/novel was supposed to be stand-alone, but I realize that I can have it be in the same universe as Maiden. ^^ BTW, the novel is tentatively titled, The Ilmarians.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You know what's the sad thing is?

I only wrote one paragraph for my seminar paper and I already have half a page for my novel. :fail

Anyway, here is a snippet from the last chapter (I'm going back and forth between chapters LOL):

"Why won't you meet us in person?" Kejuta demanded suspiciously. "If you are a manipulator as you so blatantly proclaimed yourself to be, I have a strong reason not to trust you. You might be hiding something from your fellow Ilmarians so that you can use us for your own schemes."

Resphyr just smiled sadly. "Unfortunately, my power only works in the world of the unconsciousness, but if you insist on seeing me, you can find my physical body in a place similar to the one here." Sighing dejectedly, he admitted, "To be honest, I have a feeling that my role is going to end soon if I leave this world. It just that I have a nagging feeling that as soon as I wake up from my long slumber, I'll be dead."
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the snippet, looking good!

When is the paper for the seminar due? :amuse
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Umm... IIRC, a week after the last seminar so aka next week.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Oh, the visions? Those were actually happening during her walk around the temple because the illusions were breaking apart temporarily, which hinted that something wasn't right.



I think you mean Puria's priestess but I get what you're saying. ^^
Images from the past few weeks flashed their Kyah's mind and revealed the truth to her. The hallucinations of the slaves and the statue of Merzak were real then, but those were not the ones that alarmed her. It was the horrifying fact that she was eating human flesh. So the entire time she wasn't serving Puria; she was serving Merzak... The last thing she heard was her own bloodcurdling scream.

well...told you I got trolled...at first I thought she had visions(somekind of oracle premonitions) but then I realized..they were actual happenings :oh...and the paragraph above confused me the most...being Merzak's servant and all :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top