Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Akatsuki is riroland
That's rather amusing, but yeah it shouldn't be entirely surprising that some artists have backgrounds as ****** artists. Though after this bit of news, some things make more sense.
 
Last edited:

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The dude fromc Bastard! also was a ****** artist.. Magical Taruuruto kun mangaka too.. (But I think he first did Taruuruto, then ******), I am sure there are a number of mangakas that first did some dojinshi and then did manga for JUMP other magazines.
Bastard! mangaka is only an assistant to a ****** mangaka, I think. Don't know about Magical Taruuruto kun mangaka though (I'm not even familiar with the series).
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I like the drawing but it's kinda funny that a ****** artist might work for Jump/Shueisha :amuse
What about doujinka? Hoshino Katsura of D.Gray-man drew Naruto doujinshi before publishing her oneshots. I think Amano Akira drew doujinshi as well. It would be neat to see how much "unofficial" experience Jump mangaka had before making it big. If anything else, it makes for good practice!
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
There are quite a few mangaka or manhwaka who do their own doujins.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Doujinshi let them try out their own style, while working as an assistant, they've got to follow their boss's style. There are without a doubt some ex-****** artitist working for Kondansha/Shogakukan and their independent subsidiaries. Masahiro Itosugi or Oh! Great have obvious ties to that industry.
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
What about doujinka? Hoshino Katsura of D.Gray-man drew Naruto doujinshi before publishing her oneshots. I think Amano Akira drew doujinshi as well. It would be neat to see how much "unofficial" experience Jump mangaka had before making it big. If anything else, it makes for good practice!
Really?? would love to see some of her Naruto doujins one day if that's true.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I couldn't find the doujins anywhere but seem it to be BL doujins. I did find these 2 pictures though for anyone interested.

SASUKE


NARUTO
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
*Groan* I was kinda hoping for general doujins.... (or at least straight ones)

BTW, I can't see the pics.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
*Groan* I was kinda hoping for general doujins.... (or at least straight ones)

BTW, I can't see the pics.
was something i expected from her after reading katekayo. it's absoluetly the same in style.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
The new Kenshin is gonna be serialized on Alpha :)
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
The new Kenshin is gonna be serialized on Alpha :)
if that really is true, that gives me a solid reason to get Alpha since I can't seem to find the raw anywhere on the web :<
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You can get SJA from South Korea? Oo

edit: Of course europe is out of the picture too.
 
Last edited:

dagnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
73
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
You can get SJA from South Korea? Oo
I emailed Viz asking the same question since I live in Italy, and they said it's not possible.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
As far as I know it is only available in the U.S. and Canada.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Togashi also published some Doujinshi.
http://exhentai.org/g/458868/b6bc529a26/

There's that one which contained the letter explaining why he stopped doing YYH because he was overworked. That's the only version I can find... I think there was one other one.
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
You can get SJA from South Korea? Oo

edit: Of course europe is out of the picture too.
well, I'm in US so it's okay :P

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nen-jump-alpha-adds-new-rurouni-kenshin-manga

so according to ANN, there's RuroKen -Cinema ban- and RuroKen Chapter Zero,
with Cinema Ban being sort of a "prequel" for the Cinema, and Chapter Zero is coming to WSJ???

I thought Chapter Zero was suppose to be just Jump SQ.... wonder if it's gonna be a full fledged serialization or more like short oneshot-type stuff....

well, guess I can now give up on Embalming *shrug*
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
meh...As much as I loved Rurouni Kenshin, I'd rather Watsuki just stick with Embalming :/

Has this happened before? where an author just drops a series they're working on so they can work on a series that's been long since completed? :/ I'd rather they just left RK alone, it had a good and satisfying ending.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
meh...As much as I loved Rurouni Kenshin, I'd rather Watsuki just stick with Embalming :/

Has this happened before? where an author just drops a series they're working on so they can work on a series that's been long since completed? :/ I'd rather they just left RK alone, it had a good and satisfying ending.
Well I can't think of any specific examples but it doesn't really strike me as odd especially when you remember that this is a business and the author is more than likely going to want to do whatever will pay the bills.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Nisekoi is now completely out of stock on several online retail sites including Amazon and Tsutaya and has also sold out or nearly sold out in many bookstores in Japan.

Below are some of the comments from twitter that have been made in the last 3 hours. I did not translate any of the comments but they are all about either Nisekoi selling out, or not being able to find a copy of Nisekoi anywhere.

alsonant
(1時間前)

おおおおおおおおおおおおいニセコイ売り切れとかまじでやめてくれ リツイート

kuro1548z
(2時間前)

ニセコイ買おうと思って本屋三件まわったけど、売り切れってどゆこと? リツイート
shuu3S
(1分前)

ニセコイがどこも売って無い…。しかたないからバクマン買った。 リツイート
potion1015
(2時間前)

ニセコイどこにもおいてないので憂国引退 リツイート
7thSTfanhoukou
(4分前)

ニセコイ売ってねええええええええええええ!!!!!!早く読みてえええええええええええ!!!!!!!! リツイート

pj69q
(11分前)

何かニセコイがどこの書店に行ってもないんだけどw リツイート

kosutom
(14分前)

ニセコイとシスハニの一巻がどこにもうってなかった… リツイート

a2_s
(26分前)

ニセコイまだ発売してなかったっけ。ホントにないんだけど。まだ、なんだよな。うん。 リツイート
uri_22360679
(38分前)

本屋にニセコイ無かった 売れ切れるわけないしどういうことや リツイート
vela909
(44分前)

書店4つ回ったけど、ニセコイが何処にもない。そんなに大人気なのか?そうだったら嬉しいが、まず俺に買わせてくれ。
aster_anih
(1時間前)

友達にニセコイが売って無かった話したらマジで売り切れっぽい リツイート
daredakoitu
(1時間前)

ニセコイどこ行っても売ってないワロタ… リツイート
READY_CHANGE
(1時間前)

この本屋にもニセコイおいてないのか リツイート

bucchi0408
(1時間前)

そういえば駅前のデパート内にある小さな書籍店で「ニセコイ」見つけて買ってきた。 リツイート

eriyu220
(1時間前)

ニセコイ売ってない(∋_∈)売り切れ?そんなバナナ

a2_s
(55分前)

ニセコイ売ってないんだけどー! リツイート
burn_rx
(12分前)

通勤経路途中の本屋にもニセコイ1巻は置いてなかった。天牛堺書店はどの店舗にも置いてないのかい? リツイート


ichisuke12
(6分前)

@yuunagikai なに…その素敵メモ。楽しみにしてる!!うたプリNL同人誌なら任せろ大量に貸せる(笑 あと…ニセコイね…マジ何処にもねぇですorz こっちは全滅だぜ…(遠い目 リツイート
mototau
(3時間前)

ニセコイどこに売ってるん……… リツイート
sakamorry
(29分前)

【速報】ニセコイ完売 リツイート
JunkLove_C
(49分前)

ニセコイ売ってなくてブチギレてる リツイート
mitakakou
(1時間前)

ニセコイ買いに来たのにないとかマジかよ… リツイート
maikanzakura
(1時間前)

ニセコイ無かった(・ω・`) そして本屋の店員さんに顔を覚えられてしまっていたというwww リツイート
I8iYuta
(3時間前)

ニセコイの第一巻がまじでどこにも売ってない(;_;) リツイート
HEMU0127
(3時間前)

ニセコイどこの本屋でもみないな リツイート
salamence320
(4時間前)

ニセコイもうでてるはずなのに売ってなかったよ… 人気なのかな リツイート
drsenri
(4時間前)

そういや今朝長津田の本屋見たのにニセコイ置いてなくてマジギレしかけました リツイート

Someone was even nice enough to take a picture > http://twitpic.com/9hwe8n/full

The picture was taken 2 days ago and the person taking the picture proceeded to buy a copy after the picture was taken.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top