Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Kewl from what I understood Toriko only had 1 oneshot and there was another oneshot of Shimabu that was called Eriya or something like that, do you have any info about those oneshots?
 

Unok

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
703
Reaction score
2,915
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
They are 2 oneshots of Toriko. You probably know the second one from 2007, that was collected in Toriko Gaiden and on which the movie is based. The other one is from Jump 2002 issue 6-7 and is collected in Gourmet Hunting Book.


I have made cam pics for the whole oneshot, but I'm not sure if it's ok to share it here. So if you are interested, you can send me a PM.

"Toriko Gaiden" is collection of oneshots from the author. "Eriya" is also one of the oneshots inside and it's about football.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Guys have info on Bulge yet, when I translated 戦星のバルジ its says Battle of Bulge Stars, not Sensei no Bulge.

Other Translators also gave me:

Match of Bulge Stars

Bulge of the Battle Star (I think this is the right one)

Bulge of Game Star (This too might be right)
 
Last edited:

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sensei no Bulge is japanese title. In this case sensei does not mean profesor. But 戦星 read's is sensei.
I don't know I use different Translators and that's what they gave me.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Just translated 戦星 on translators this is what it gave me:


Star war

Battle Star

Plus the one shot in Jump Next 2011 was named Uchuu no Bulge
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Right. Two one-shots of Toriko. I'll probably scanlate them at some point. I've been trying to get a project of HQ volume scans done. And I'll maybe do the Toriko Gaiden book when I get to where it was published at volume 6.
That and I wanna do Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! and Ring. The other two series Shimabukuro did. I'm still reading Takeshi, it's an extremely looong series that started around the same time as One Piece. It's 300 something chapters I think. I've only read like half so far and I bought the series a year ago.

There're probably more series in Jump that were popular and ran for a long time that never got scanlated or licensed. Takeshi's the biggest one I know of. Might be because it only ever got a Jump Super Anime Tour OVA for an anime, and never had a series. Anyone know of any others?
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Issue #24 announced that Nisekoi will be getting a VOMIC in June.

- Chitoge will be voiced by Tomatsu Haruka (Lala from To Love-ru)
- Onodera will be voiced by Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl from Shinryaku!? Ika Musume)

------------------------------------------------------------

Inumaru Dashi did not end this issue. But, it is definately going to end in the next 1-2 chapters.
 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I guess everything in jump get's a vomic this days.
- Chitoge will be voiced by Tomatsu Haruka (Lala from To Love-ru) - hmm I wouldn't choose her.
- Onodera will be voiced by Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl from Shinryaku!? Ika Musume) - good choice
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I guess everything in jump get's a vomic this days.
Well, not everything, the series that has good reception for at least six months gets a vomic.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Just wanted to let everyone know that Ohana has made several mistakes in the last 3 TOC's. In the spoilers below I posted the correct TOC's and what had changed.

Issue #21/22
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Naruto
Toriko
Sket Dance
Gintama
Beelzebub (CP)
Pajama na Kanojo
Kochikame
Cross Manage (One Shot)
Bleach
Nisekoi
Inumarudashi
High Kyuu!!
magico
Kurogane
Bakuman (CP)
Reborn!
Nurarihyon no Mago
Kuroko no Basuke
Medaka Box
Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky

So many things were wrong with the TOC ohana posted.
- Cross Manage and Kochikame swapped places
- Bakuman went from Bottom 4th to Bottom 6th
- Reborn! went from Bottom 7th to Bottom 5th
- Nurarihyon no Mago went from Bottom 5th to Bottom 4th
- Kurogane went from Bottom 6th to Bottom 7th

The Issue #23 mistake was has already been fixed. Ohana forgot to put where Kurogane was and had Magico where Kurogane should have been.

Jump Issue #24
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Cover & Lead CP)
Naruto
One Piece
Gintama
Hq!!
Toriko
Koisome Momiji (CP)
Beelzebub
Nisekoi
Medaka Box (CP)
Sket Dance
Pajama na Kanojo
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko no Basket
Reborn! (CP)
Kochikame
Bleach
Kurogane
Magico
Nurarihyon no Mago

- Reborn! and Kochikame swapped places

[tmod=Asarii]Thank you, Zeromcd! I'll make the corrections in the TOC master list on the first page.[/tmod]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DragonXhunter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Someone had old rankings (1996-2008) of the Shonen Jump? I want them for share in one forum spanish
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Weird, what's with the lack of Gintama color pages this year? This week is chapter 400 and in the past Gintama normally celebrates anniversaries a few chapters before the 00th chapter. I wonder what the deal is? The series has been riding high as of late, so that can't be the reason....right?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Might just be an attempt to pimp their newer series since they seem to be more well received than in the past. Who knows.
 
Last edited:

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It seems that the protagonists name in Sensei no Bulge is now Astro.

Judging by the title and the preview page the title - 戦星のバルジ - Sensei no Bulge is most likely refering to the planet as Bulge and not the protagonist. So the title would be something like Fighting Planet Bulge ot basically anything to do with the planet Bulge being in conflict.

The preview page also says that the protagonist is on a planet full of war which further supports the theory that the title of the series is talking about the planet and not the protagonist.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Due to Nisekoi #01 being completely out of stock everywhere, it will have a reprinting on May 28th.
 
Last edited:

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Weird, what's with the lack of Gintama color pages this year? This week is chapter 400 and in the past Gintama normally celebrates anniversaries a few chapters before the 00th chapter. I wonder what the deal is? The series has been riding high as of late, so that can't be the reason....right?
The anniversaries aren't always celebrated on the same chapter, sometimes they are earlier, sometimes later. From the top of my head, One Piece got a colourspread for chapter 401. So I think that one way or another we are getting our colourspread. I mean, Sorachi gets his anniversary. Yes.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I saw this on 2ch and thought it would be funny to post here. This is how you truely support a new series you want to survive in Jump.



He purchased 20 copies of Nisekoi and plans to continue doing it for every volume :hip

There was also a guy several years ago who would purchase 30 copies of Busou Renkin everytime a new volume was released....... found the pics!








Whoops.... I forgot the guy who purchased 100 Copies of P2! LETS PLAY PINGPONG volume 1...








P2! was in danger and he really didn't want it to be cancelled.
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I saw this on 2ch and thought it would be funny to post here. This is how you truely support a new series you want to survive in Jump.



He purchased 20 copies of Nisekoi and plans to continue doing it for every volume :hip

There was also a guy several years ago who would purchase 30 copies of Busou Renkin everytime a new volume was released....... found the pics!







That's impressive to be that dedicated; however, it's really not that different from OP's fans obsessively buying every volume available. Still, to be willing to go that far for a series, even though your individual contribution won't affect things in the long run (yeah, I know that if enough people were as dedicated as our 30 copies of a volume friend here, it could affect the sales, and lifespan, of a manga, but...), is both quite impressive and quite disturbing...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top