Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I think Oboro is referring to Sadasada since he's still just a toy for the Tendoshuu.
Ha, I wonder why they use Sadasada as a bait to catch the "demon" if Oboro did not take any action when Takasugi appeared and killed Sadasada? They don't want their hands covered by blood?
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ha, I wonder why they use Sadasada as a bait to catch the "demon" if Oboro did not take any action when Takasugi appeared and killed Sadasada? They don't want their hands covered by blood?
That and Sadasada just became utter trash who went way over his head in terms of trying to control everything. As Oboro said, the true problem are the students of Shoyo-sensei.

I'm hoping to see humor again for Gintama soon. 400th Chapter will be hilarious, I guarantee it.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hmmm... why is everyone talking under spoiler tags?
The chapter has been out for days...
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Hmmm... why is everyone talking under spoiler tags?
The chapter has been out for days...
Read the earlier post please... In any case that is the rule for this one since the chapters aren't all out in order - we follow manga not anime after all. So yes using spoiler tags are in order.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Chapter 399 by Hi Wa Mata Noboru

Ah, what a great ending for a great arc. Does that ending mean both of them died? I'm satisfied by the fact that Sorachi is not going to end this Maizou-Suzuran arc without conclusion. Now, Gintama-world political condition is getting trembling. We still have to wait for several months before having any serious arc again to see another development
 
Last edited:

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 399 by Hi Wa Mata Noboru

Ah, what a great ending for a great arc. Does that ending mean both of them died? I'm satisfied by the fact that Sorachi is not going to end this Maizou-Suzuran arc without conclusion. Now, Gintama-world political condition is getting trembling. We still have to wait for several months before having any serious arc again to see another development
Yup, both are dead apparently. I mean, Maizou got his other arm cut off and Suzuran looks really ill. But what a way to go. Their story is over, but yeah, politics are getting feisty.

Like Okita said, what is it that the good guys are actually fighting for now?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, that was a great ending.

A wonderful dream from which they will not wake.

It never ceases to amaze me how good Sorachi is at being poetic. With a lot of mangaka's an endings like this come out feeling all forced and awkward. But this flowed like it was the most natural thing in the world. Two old lovers together at last.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Yup, both are dead apparently. I mean, Maizou got his other arm cut off and Suzuran looks really ill. But what a way to go. Their story is over, but yeah, politics are getting feisty.

Like Okita said, what is it that the good guys are actually fighting for now?
I know that Suzuran is ill, but Maizou "only" lost both of his arms, I thought the damage was insignificant as the cause of his death, but whatever. The Hitotshubashi family might have some plan to replace Shigeshige as the shogun, since his resignation is rejected by the emperor. But maybe we have to wait before confirming that Hitotshubashi really has a plan.
I think Okita is referring to Shinsengumi and Miwarigumi as the government's law enforcer, they are not sure yet which side they have to protect.

Yeah, that was a great ending.

A wonderful dream from which they will not wake.

It never ceases to amaze me how good Sorachi is at being poetic. With a lot of mangaka's an endings like this come out feeling all forced and awkward. But this flowed like it was the most natural thing in the world. Two old lovers together at last.
I didn't expect that kick the can is the way for Yorozuya to help Maizou making an excuse for him to go to his promised place. Sorachi's ability to encapsulates dramatic story with humor as its coating, is amazing too. The last page is just brilliant to capture the "true love" moment, so I guess that is why it feels so natural

Oh and one more thing that I don't understand.
Why Tsukuyo looks so troubled on this page?
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Wow, it's been 2 months already..*Bump*

Okay, the new serious arc is not as good as Yoshiwara-centric arc, but it still good, nonetheless. It's been a long time since Shinpachi and Otae become the main focus of the story, and I'm happy that it's not Gintoki who has to duel with Kenofi. Shinpachi needs some love too, I guess.

I bought the Vol. 45, and Sorachi makes additional pages to close Suzuran arc. It makes the ending better compared to what we got in the weekly chapter since the art is super nice.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hey, guys! There is really no Edited Manga of volume 42? Specifically chapters 361 to 371?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Hey, guys! There is really no Edited Manga of volume 42? Specifically chapters 361 to 371?
Hi Wa Mata Noboru is still working on it. AFAIK Mr. Kewl0210 still working on TL check, since Vol. 42 is basically a wall of text. You can always watch the Anime, though.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok. I've reached the current chapters. Probably the best shonen manga I've ever read.

I was a little upset that Katsura didnt participated in Suzuran Arc, you know? But two chapters after, Sorachi makes joke about it, haha. I had to forgive the bastard.

And seriously, Sorachi are drawing better fight scenes. He has improved considerably this scenes. It was impressive. Gintoki vs Oboro was an awesome fight.
 

Tsuji

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
27
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica


Gintama is getting a new film in 2013 written by the gorilla. Apparently, the anime will also return on October 4, but it might just be reruns like Yorinuki Gin-san...
 
Last edited:

mak123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
520
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Anime on october? i doubt it. They stopped in april, so i think it's too early to start again. BTW i can't wait for the movie!
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I wouldn't doubt it so much as this break is 1.5 years and the last one was just one year, now the anime is at about chapter 370 and up to oct. 2013 it will have a gap of possibly +-100 chapters which will take a while to close and also Sorachi sensei might start by then to wrap up the story.

But still a movie in april sounds awesome!
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
An anime reruns would help to promote the movies, so I don't mind if it is just a reruns. I doubt if we will get new episodes in October, the gap is still too short to produce 30-40 episodes. A reasonable time to make new episodes is in late 2013 or early 2014, or even when Sorachi wraps up this manga.

I keep my fingers crossed that the Anime movie is about the birth of Shiroyasha. I hope my wish will be granted by the Studio.
 
Top