Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Currently reading:

Hunter x Hunter
Naruto
Nisekoi
One Piece
Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Toriko
Bleach
Nurarihyon no Mago
Magico

It's strange but the series I enjoy the most atm is Nisekoi, chapter never disappoints and always makes me laugh. I'm so glad Komi found a series to use his full potential. Sket Dance is great too, the first comedy series I didn't drop. Hunter x Hunter easily surpasses most or all the series in WSJ, I really hope Togashi's break won't be as long as the last one.

The other series heavily depend on the released chapter, they have the potential to be great but sometimes you can't help being disappointed.

Dropped Pajama after reading the first three chapters, wasn't my thing :s I plan to read Bulge though, with all the praise around here.

Don't know about you but I'm on the verge of dropping it. Chapters are average most of the time and I catch myself only reading it when there's nothing else :/
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I read and rate Shonen Jack manga in this order:

1. One Piece

2. Gintama

3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Beelzebub
5. Niseikoi
6. Sket Dance
7. Sensei no Bulge
8. Medaka Box
9. Nurarihyon no Mago
10. Magico
11. Toriko
12. Pajama no Kanojo
13. Bleach
14. Naruto
15. Katekyo Hitman Reborn

It's a damn shame that not so many people read Gintama. It's an amazing manga inferior to none bar One Piece.
 
Last edited:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
One Piece, Bleach, Toriko, HxH, Naruto, Reborn, Pajama up-to-date, last one might be dropped, I wish Reborn will end after this or the next arc. Would like to read the other comedy manga, but it's hard to get into long-running unfinished series or overly ecchi suff in general. Magico looks interesting, but the latest posts here don't really encourage me to read more.

Aikyet
Maybe they just watch the Anime, someone mentioned that the jokes are easier to understand/break the language and culture wall in animated form. I do so at least.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I read:

One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto (bored with it but I want to finish it)
Bleach (I actually don't even remotely like this anymore...I think I read it out of habit)
Nurarihyon no Mago (Naruto syndrome)
Kurogane
Nisekoi
Haikyu!!
Pajama na Kanojo
Sensei no Bulge

Mostly new series. I've dropped nearly every other series.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
no specific order:

1. Nisekoi (highly enjoyable)
2. HQ!! (highly enjoyable)
3. Momiji
4. Naruto
5. Bleach
6. Nisekoi
7. Kuroko no Basket
8. Pajama
9. Beelzebub
10. Medaka Box
11. Skat Dance
12. Bulge
13. Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)
14. Magico (nearly dropped)
15. Reborn (nearly dropped)
16. kurogane (nearly dropped)

One Piece (dropped)
Toriko (dropped)
Gintama (dropped)

Looks like I'm the one who reads the most series in jump and also the only one who dislikes one piece... looks like I'm a oddball xD
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Read and enjoy
1. One Piece
2. Sket Dance (each day with a release of Sket Dance is a good day)
3. Beelzebub
4. HxH
5. Gintama (by burst)

Read and enjoy sometime
5. Toriko
6. Bleach (on hold at the moment)
7. Mago

Wait and see
8. HQ!
9. Bulge

Dropped
Naruto (I was not a real fan, but the war was too much for me)
Reborn (I may finish it again if it is really in its final stage but it won't be a serie I would advice to start)
Medaka Box (there was a limit to how much I could accept the unrealistic and crazy side of this manga)
Magico (The plot and art did not really make me want to read more)
Nisekoi (I was tired of seing two guys yelling after each other chapter long and people still think they can be in love...)
Pajama (The two first chapters did not really appeal me, I may start it again given the good comments if it survives)

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Are we discussing on "the series that I'm currently reading in Jump," again?
No it was in Sunday last week, and it seems that for myself Sunday and Magazine cannot really compete. I only read 2 or 3 series in them...
 
Last edited:

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There seems to be a little of discussion. At least a lot of people talking about the current state of Reborn.
I used to read every series in Jump but I have recently (a couple of months ago) dropped a big chunk of them. Right now I only read.

Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Hunter X Hunter (whenever it's not on hiatus)
Gintama
Haikyu!
Sensei no Balge

I'm planning on picking up Toriko and One Piece again at some point, just didn't really feel like reading these series weekly.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My list:

1. Bleach (A bit sad that its the final arc but happy with how the war is going so far)

2. One Piece (Feeling a bit of One Piece fatigue as its been almost 700 chapters and the end is nowhere near in sight)

3. Beelzebub (My comedy manga and I love the setting)

4. Reborn! (Should end soon but I'm happy with it overall)

5. Kurogane (Hope it doesn't get canceled)

6. Naruto (Personally hope that this arc is the last one as I might drop if it goes beyond the 4th Shinobi War arc)

7. Toriko (Getting into this slowly)

8. Gintama (Same as Toriko)

9. Medaka Box (Gonna wait for the manga to hit 300s before bothering to read this, interested in it a lot though)

10. HunterXHunter (Hiatus of course, hope it comes back soon. Not as good as YYH IMO but YYH is my favorite manga of all time so that isn't fair)

I might give the other jump titles a try if they peak my interest with their first 10 chapters.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I'm kind of like Bomber de Rufi, most of the series I read aren't in Jump (they aren't in Sunday either). I read:

Beelzebub
Medaka Box
Bleach (sometimes)
Pajama no Kanojo

I have a tendency of dropping series really fast. I'll read all chapters that are available and then not bother to read the rest. xD I really do want to catch up on Gintama, though. I bought all remaining volumes and hope to read through the current gap in Edited Mangas.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Pajama (The two first chapters did not really appeal me, I may start it again given the good comments if it survives)
it's pretty echi in the beginning but now after ~7 chapters it starts to envelope a typical rom-com fantasy story, without panty-shots. i just hope that the mangaka won't have the same problem with it like Kagami, because of the invisible heroine.

Koisome Momiji
was better now than it was in the one-shot. didn't see that coming. the panty-shot looked more like a plot device than "fanservice", that will keep up coming in the next chapters. did the mangaka did anything before, because the drawings really great and the characters look also fabulous.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
crimsonlink310
OP's middle part did end with the TS, it will be hard to look for an end, when the last third of the plot just started.
You would miss the closure of the manga[Naruto], just because it will take a bit more than the war to finish the story?
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The series I enjoy from Jump is:

Medaka Box
One Piece
Kuroko no Basuke
Bleach
Nisekoi
Beelzebub
Sket Dance
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Hehe, i'm glad i'm not the only one to read just a few.

Naruto
Bleach

Most of the mangas that I read are Boys Love. :P
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
411
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
In order of preference:

Sket Dance
Toriko
Gintama
One Piece
Saiki
Bulge
Inumaru
Haikyu
Beelzebub
Kuroko
Nura
Kurogane
Magico
Pajama
Nisekoi

Dropped:

Naruto
Bleach
Reborn
Medaka
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Right now I read:

- One Piece
- Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)
- Sket Dance
- Reborn!
- Bleach
- Bulge (am I the only one who finds the name odd? xD)

Series I need to catch up with:

- Toriko
- Beelzebub
- Nurarihyon no Mago
- Gintama
- Nisekoi
- Medaka Box (maybe, only because I want to see what the big fuss concerning Kumagawa is about xD)

Series I need to check out:

- Pajama no Kanojo
- HQ!

Funny thing is that I'm still a pretty hardcore Naruto fan, but I've stopped reading it just so I could be surprised with what I see in the anime. Tried doing that several times with Bleach but to no avail (now especially seeing as the anime suddenly ended).
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Last week a random guy give information about Koganeiro being a 3 chapter short series 1 day before the TOC came out and it seems this week he gave the TOC. It could possibly be a fake but the chances of it being true are fairly high. It makes for interesting discussion in either case.

鰤(表紙巻頭)
ナルト
ワンピ
トリコ
こがねいろ(Cカラー)
バルジ
ニセコイ
ぬら孫(Cカラー)
斉木
紅葉
ハイキュー
スケット
クロガネ(Cカラー)
銀魂
黒子
リボーン
いぬまる(完)
こち亀
めだか
べるぜ
マジコ
パジャマ

28号
巻頭カラー:ワンピ Cカラー:スケット・こち亀・黒子
Jump Issue #27 TOC
Bleach (Cover, Lead CP)
Naruto
One Piece
Toriko
Koganeiro (Center Colour, Mini Series, 31pg.) <- Artist of Onani Master Kurosawa
Sensei no Bulge (23pg.)
Nisekoi
Nurarihyon no Mago (Center Colour, Popularity Contest Results Annnouncement)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Koisome Momiji
Haikyuu
Sket Dance
Kurogane (Center Colour)
Gintama
Kuroko no Basket
Reborn!
Inumaru Dashi (END)
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Magico
Pajama na Kanojo

Jump Issue #28 Information
Lead CP: One Piece
Center Colour: Sket Dance, Kochikame, Kuroko no Basket

Jump Issue #29 Information
END: Koganeiro
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
If that's real then I guess Inumaru ending was true and Pajama tanked hard. I'm gonna hold off accepting this till it's confirmed just because I don't want the Pajama part to be true...
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm hoping it's real so we get a One Piece color page next week.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
My turn :D

Reading
- One Piece
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Gintama
- Reborn!
- Hunter x Hunter
- Sket Dance
- Nurarihyon no Mago
- Inumaru Dashi
- Kuroko no Basket
- Beelzebub
- Medaka Box
- Nisekoi
- Haikyuu
- Pajama
- Koisome Momiji
- Sensei no Bulge

My favourite series that I enjoy reading the most every week are Nisekoi and Haikyuu.

Dropped
- Toriko (ch.172)
- PSI Kusuo Saiki (ch.3)
- Kochikame (ch.1)
- Magico (ch.52ish)
- Kurogane (ch.28ish)

Toriko - It was interesting but everything just seemed so gross :(
PSI Kusuo Saiki - It just wasn't my thing
Magico - Stopped enjoying it at chapter 14 when the fire guy came in. I usually don't care about pacing in a series but Magico takes fast pacing to a whole other level. Characters are annoying.
Kurogane - Boring and kinda stupid, the Author is also a douche.
Kochikame - I will read it all one day......

Series that I own (Tankobon)
- One Piece
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Gintama (dropped)
- Reborn!
- Hunter x Hunter
- Sket Dance
- Nurarihyon no Mago
- Inumaru Dashi
- Kuroko no Basket
- Beelzebub
- Medaka Box
- Nisekoi
- Haikyuu (pre-ordered)
- Magico (dropped)

I was going to buy the first volume of Pajama, but I haven't enjoyed the series since the rape guy came in and it also tanked hard (probably)

I'll most likely be buying Koisome and Bulge.
 
Last edited:

bskbob

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I read almost the entire mag on a weekly basis only series i'm not up to date are Kochikame and Inumaru.

top 5

One Piece
Gintama
HXH
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top