Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The super early Medaka Box spoiler provider just came online.

I just asked him for the Jump rankings but he will probably only give me Medaka Box's position. We might get lucky, though :D


------------------------------------------------------

Yep, he only gave me Medaka Box's position.



He usually states when Medaka is in the bottom 5 so I'm guessing Medaka is probably bottom 6th-8th.
I've always wondered why it's Medaka Box that always gets an early spoiler? It's not like Medaka Box is one of the most popular series on the WSJ lineup. Is it the spoiler's personal favourite series or something?
 
Last edited:

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I've always wondered why it's Medaka Box that always gets an early spoiler? It's not like Medaka Box is one of the most popular series on the WSJ lineup. Is it the spoiler's personal favourite series or something?
Medaka isn't that popular, but its fanbase is very intense, from what I've seen (using pixiv as my guide!). Its popular with otaku, so I'm not surprised it gets super early spoilers. :amuse
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I've always wondered why it's Medaka Box that always gets an early spoiler? It's not like Medaka Box is one of the most popular series on the WSJ lineup. Is it the spoiler's personal favourite series or something?
what i don't understand about it that it seems to be so different for him to share medakas place or the whole toc. i mean it's not that much more work isn't it?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've always wondered why it's Medaka Box that always gets an early spoiler? It's not like Medaka Box is one of the most popular series on the WSJ lineup. Is it the spoiler's personal favourite series or something?
Like Teeba said, Medaka is popular with otaku. 2CH is a haven for otaku, so the first spoilers posted to 2CH are for the series that appeal to 2CH regulars.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

To help celebrate the franchises 25th anniversary, JoJo's inspired ice cream novelties and collectables will go on sale in June: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-05-29/jojo-bizarre-adventures-ice-cream-snacks-offered
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
what i don't understand about it that it seems to be so different for him to share medakas place or the whole toc. i mean it's not that much more work isn't it?
Because he/she doesn't have to spoil everything, only that much the source wants to leak, just as with the picture/panel spoilers. It's better than no information at all.

About his popularity, Nisio wrote the VN's to the [Bake]...monogatari franchise, that can explain the favoritism.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Chapter one of Koisome Momiji has been released in English. Discuss here.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Chapter one is better than the one shot, if anyone is wondering. Changes were made for serialization, the first chapter is not just a reworking of the pilot.

For a change, I've really been enjoying new Jump series. Suddenly I am reading four series that have been serialized for less than a year: Nisekoi, Pajama, Bulge, and Momiji. It's weird actually having to give a shit about rankings again.

I'm curious how many series and which everyone reads. Here is my list:
  1. One Piece
  2. Naruto
  3. Nisekoi
  4. Hunter x hunter (hiatus)
  5. Bleach
  6. Nisekoi
  7. Bulge
  8. Pajama
  9. Momiji
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I only read One Piece, Toriko, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto and Bleach. The last new series I tried was STARS, and I couldn't get into it. For a while, I was trying every new series Jump came out with, but with most of them getting canceled so fast, it just started to seem like a waste of time. Now I am very reluctant to try anything new.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I liked St&rs, I only dropped it because of low rankings. There was no point in getting attached to a series that would inevitably be canceled, especially one that was good but not extraordinary.
 

dagnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
73
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I read:

1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Bleach
4. Beelzebub
5. Nisekoi
6. Magico
7. Bulge
8. Pajama
9. Nurarihyon
10. Reborn
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Me:

1. Bleach
2. Naruto
3. One Piece
4. Bulge
5. Medaka Box
6. Nurarihyon no Mago
7. Beelzebub
8. Reborn
9. Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I read One Piece, Gintama, Beelzebub, and Hunter x Hunter only. But I do have tested out all the other series in Jump ignoring Kochikame and the short gag series (including PSI).
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
My Jump list :

1. One Piece
2. Bleach
3. Beelzebub
4. Gintama
5. Sket Dance
6. Nisekoi
7. Hunter X Hunter (hiatus)
8. Bulge
9. Toriko
10. Medaka Box

Not sure about Momiji. I read Reborn but I dropped it. Maybe after it's over I'll read it again.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The main reason why I'm avoiding new series is because they never get fully scanlated. See STARS and Oumagadoki Doboutsuen.

Reading:
Hunter x Hunter
Gintama
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Nurarihyon no Mago
Magico
Sensei no Bulge
Nisekoi
Occasionally,I read some Toriko chapters here and there.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I can't really find fault with a group dropping a series that will inevitably be canceled. The fanbases I feel sorry for are ones like Sket Dance, long running series that were ignored for years.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can't really find fault with a group dropping a series that will inevitably be canceled. The fanbases I feel sorry for are ones like Sket Dance, long running series that were ignored for years.
I somewhat understand it as well,but Oumagadoki for example is a series I enjoyed quite a bit and not having the last 10 chapters scanlated bothers me. I'd love to complete it, but now that it is cancelled nobody will pick it up again. Waiting for a volume release in my country is futile as well.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
1-HxH
2-Naruto
3-One Piece
4-Nisekoi
5-Beelzebub
6-Reborn!
7-Pajama na Kanojo
8-Bleach

besides I watch mago's, kuroko's, medaka's, sket's animes.
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Currently Reading:

1. One Piece
2. HxH
3. Naruto (I wish it would just end...just reading due to how much I have invested in the series)
4. Bleach
5. Mago (Only since it's in Alpha)
6. Toriko
7. Beelzebub
8. Nisekoi

Dropped/On Hold Series

1. Kochikame - read everything that's scanlated
2. Gintama - up to ch 343
3. Reborn - up to ch 375
4. Sket Dance (Great series...I need to catch up) - up to ch 140
5. Inumaru - read the 1 ch that is scanlated
6. Kuroko no Basket - up to ch 117
7. Medaka Box - up to ch 127
8. Magico - up to ch 43
9. Kurogane - up to ch 21
10. Pajamana up to ch 2

At one time I was caught up to every jump series, but now I just don't care to read everything anymore. The only one I make sure to read as soon as it comes out is HxH. I subscribe to Shonen Jump Alpha so I read those series whenever the new issue comes out (although I'm about 5 issues behind). I'm behind in Beelzebub and Nisekoi, but love both series and will catch up soon.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Pretty much just Gintama, One piece and HXH for me. Could really care less about most of the rest of the magazine, and since I dislike any sort of romance or harem series, WSJ's new direction slightly disturbs me.

I do need to catch up on Sket, and I read Beelze at irregular intervals. I guess as Negative said, I'm just more into Shounen Sunday.
 
Last edited:

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
My Jump Top 9.

1. One Piece
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Sket Dance
4. Gintama
5. Toriko
6. Nurarihyon no Mago
7. Medaka Box
8. Naruto
9. Beelzebub
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Forgot Toriko and Sket Dance
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top