Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
When Wing transformed a paper into a blade, it may as well be something like Shu. That's why it lost its sharpness very soon - aura couldn't be left within body for long without using Hatsu. Plus it had bluish lightnings which may be some sort of coloring Hatsu =D
I hope you're wrong and it is just a mistake of theirs. I loved the idea of Hatsu being colored =O
Sry for my bad English and I hope I made myself clear.
No I think it's just hostile nen. Everytime Nen has appeared coloured is when the person using it had hostile intentions. I could be wrong though. Anyone else able to chime in here?
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
^Well, when Hisoka was using nen to show off with spades symbol turning into a skull, I don't think his Nen was hostile.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Great episode this week, I loved the way the showed Ging.

And judging from the preview, Kurapika's Chain is gonna be silver. and I think it's really cool.


I really liked this picture, badass Kurapika.:hip
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Killua keeps stealing the show for me in this episode. He has so many expressions like when he keeps raising his eyebrows while listening to the tape, and also his eyes when he talked to Milluki, and then he starts tape killing, and then Mariya Ise deepens her voice in some parts, and then... gah. Killua. Stop stealing the show for me. I already know you're awesome, Mr. Exposition Person-who-explains-most-of-the-things-in-this-episode.

Anyway, great episode this week! I like the flow, as well as all the little tidbits Madhouse puts in like the Tree and Milluki's figurines. Kurapika looks tired in the preview, and the red in his eyes are darker this time around. Maybe from the loss of sleep? I don't know if next week will also be a training episode, but I think it would be interesting to see. The way Kurapika described his training in the manga amused me.

Mito can water the plants, cook a feast, understand Gon's desire to find his father, come to terms with him leaving for a long while, entertain an ex-assassin guest (Killua) whilst making sure said guest is taken care of, and yet she still doesn't forget to do the laundry. I maintain. Best freakin' mom ever.

Three things. First, do you think Hunterpedia will get another design for Yorkshin? Second, is there a possibility for a new OP for Yorkshin?

Lastly, did Gon really say in the manga that he will return to Whale Island once he meets Ging? I'm too lazy to look it up, but seeing as Madhouse is working closely with Togashi, I'm inclined to believe this is true. I wonder if we'll see Mito again in the manga now that Gon has reached this goal.

So why do you guys think they've decided to not introduce Kaito when this new anime seems to be following the manga extremely closely? /snip
Like others have already said, it's probably a problem with the voice actor. I mean, it'd be difficult to find a VA who's willing to do one episode, and then wait a hundred more before coming back. The contract would have to have him completely free by the time GI ending comes around. And Madhouse initially only signed up for 40 something episodes. More episodes will be produced if the show sells well, which wasn't a total guarantee back then I think. So it would be really inconvenient for the VA overall.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some. Frankly, I don't mind Kite's absence as much since Madhouse has been doing an excellent job with HxH overall. Kite's absence in the anime is circumstantial, I believe.

Young Ging looked awesome, as well as the Ging shown in the second ending. I'm hoping he'll look cooler when he shows up again later on.
I want to see him with his outfit in the Election arc. That ruffled, unkempt look. <3

Wew, this post was longer than I thought. Shutting up now. :p
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
I really liked this picture, badass Kurapika. :hip
I can't wait for this part x)

- What's wrong ? You look pale. Getting sick of this ? This list is still Level 1. It's okay to just possess any of these. If we get hired, they'll probably ask us for something more dangerous, like a corpse carrying a Level 5 disease. The sickest employer I ever had wanted a baby, and...
- Shut up.
- ?!
- Do not speak to me again.




Baise is beautiful =)

First, do you think Hunterpedia will get another design for Yorkshin? Second, is there a possibility for a new OP for Yorkshin?
I think they will remove Hunterpedia. I hope, but... Perhaps the second part ? I'll miss "The sun also shines at night." =/
 
Last edited:

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
-EPISODE 38-

For some reason, the studio decided to go back to the old intro from the Hunter Exam arc! Let's hope they change it by next episode.



HOLY FREAKING COOL THAT'S AWESOME!!! Too bad I'm not up to the current manga events or I'd be able to recognize this place if it's already been mentioned.



Here I thought Killua was using gyo on the radio.




In the manga we were supposed to "hear" the recording till the end (As seen from the crash sound effects). In the anime they turned it off after a few seconds.




Something to note here: So far the anime has covered till chapter 66, and what's coming is from chapter 69. Chapters 67 and 68 has been skipped in order to wrap up Whale Island arc in one go, and in my opinion that's better so we won't interrupt the future events to go back here.


The method to get the Joy Station was different from the manga. In the manga they searched in the internet for the closest shops around and asked it to be delivered in the same day. The anime changed to have Killua go to the toy store in the island.




While describing the console, Killua talks in the manga about what's known as the "Cult Classics", which is described as the games that can not be played in modern consoles and therefore the players buy the older systems in order to play them. The anime didn't say anything about it, but I agree with Killua that it is nostalgic.




Here we get a closer look at the console, and to me it looks like a mix between the Play Station and the XBox!



Searching for the game was also a bit different. In the manga they were searching in the same place they searched for the console while here it was a general search. Also in the manga we see Togashi's avatar.




Gon's and Killua's reaction to the price was hilarious! And for some reason it reminded me of an old cartoon called "Bolek i Lolek"!




Killua's call scene was extended a bit. We hear Gotoh asks Killua about his location and we see Miluki trying to avoid answering as well as Gon's imaginations of the "brother" as well as remembering Gotoh. Killua's face when he said he was joking floored me!



Of course if you look closely here you can see Kurama from YuYu Hakusho at the right side of the first picture. In the second picture we don't see clearly, but in the manga we see more characters including Sailor Moon.





The anime made some changes with Miluki's lines here. First in the manga we see him tells Killua of his leads, but we don't hear him in the anime. I guess the studio didn't want us to hear a repeated info from two seconds ago, but due to that we didn't get to hear him talking about hacking to the Hunters website only to tell that he won't do because he doesn't want the net police and hacker hunters to go after him. Second is Miluki complaining on why didn't Illumi let Killua pass the the Exam. The scene extended the talk about Yorknew's auction and changed the conclusion to be about it instead of wondering about Ging's mysterious game.






Miluki's room looks awesome... for a hacker...!



The rest is filler.



In my opinion, this is not one the best. A lot of unnecessary changes. But Ging's badass cameo made it higher.

7/10




Episode 47 cont.:
The old version changed the order of Ging's recording a bit by making talk about hunters being selfish after telling Gon that he doesn't want to see him. In the manga this was after asking Gon the second time.




Before Killua turns off the tape, Ging says that he has a recording of Gon's mother's voice. In the manga it was information about her. Killua in the old version asks Gon if it's better to hear his Mom's voice, and in the manga he asks him to keep listening so they may find some clues about Ging's whereabouts.





Episode 48:


The first five minutes are for Kurapika. Again, she's the main character and she gets ahead over the others.



This scene was redone compared to the previous episode.



Gon and Killua trying to use nen to stop the recording. This didn't happen in the manga.



Killua didn't look as dump as this in the manga.




Wasn't the computer on a desk an episode ago? Why is it on the floor now?



When Killua made a comment on the rarity of Gon's type, Gon reminds him of his game from Trick Tower.



We will skip these events till the new anime covers it.




Episode 49:

This episode came with a new opening. And to be honest, didn't like it. The singing style is not my taste.



We skip half of the episode to get to the main plot. We see the delivery system used for the package. A helicopter and parachutes. Gon shakes his @$$ and Killua payed using Gon's account...!!



Killua talks about the Cult Classics, although he doesn't refer to it by name.




A look at the console.





Now this time the computer is on the desk instead of the floor...! Didn't they double check the episodes or something?



Killua's phone here.



This moment wasn't as the manga. Killua in the anime leaves the room for a bit and tells Gon that he knows someone who may help them. In the manga he talked possibility of finding information in "hardcore places" as described by Viz and Gon asks him if knows someone good with the internet and video games.





The old version didn't show us that Gon thinking the brother in question is Illume.




Miluki's lines were also omitted here. He didn't ask how did Killua get the memory card, didn't talk about hacking into the Hunters website and complaining about Illume. And his collection wasn't that clear to look at.








Gon's final words here are also different and made him talk about Yorknew instead of the game.




Miluki's room looks a bit different than the manga. It doesn't look as a big or dark as the later.




I find it interesting how both old and new adaptations did similar changes in the second half of the episode! Both of them didn't adapt Miluki's lines and both of them changed Gon's final scene!
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Killua keeps stealing the show for me in this episode. He has so many expressions like when he keeps raising his eyebrows while listening to the tape, and also his eyes when he talked to Milluki, and then he starts tape killing, and then Mariya Ise deepens her voice in some parts, and then... gah. Killua. Stop stealing the show for me. I already know you're awesome, Mr. Exposition Person-who-explains-most-of-the-things-in-this-episode.
Killua's just really expressive in this adaptation, even when he's not talking or the focus is on him. He's always making funny expressions. Gon too. Haha. One thing I'm looking forward to is Killua gambling his money away soon, too.

I've noticed when Kurapika is gone, Killua's Mr. Exposition. Then when Kurapika comes back, Kurapika reprises that role when the four of them are together. It's interesting to see the characters switch around roles when it the four of them vs. the two.

Three things. First, do you think Hunterpedia will get another design for Yorkshin? Second, is there a possibility for a new OP for Yorkshin?
I kinda want Hunterpedia to go away after Yorkshin, and a new OP (Departure! is too cheerful for the arc and the opening sequence doesn't fit IMO). I think Hunterpedia will go, but I think we'll be stuck with this opening for a while until episode 52 or 53 or something. At least that seems to be the trend with the series. At the same time, we'll get a new ending. Of course, by 52 or 53, we'll be well into Yorkshin.

I really really really want a new OP theme and sequence for Yorkshin, but it probably won't happen. We'll probably get some prologue sequence about the big auction or something like that for a little bit, and then it'll switch to the spiders.

On a side note: Milluki's life-sized doll creeps me out.
 
Last edited:

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
-EPISODE 38-

For some reason, the studio decided to go back to the old intro from the Hunter Exam arc! Let's hope they change it by next episode.
I think it's because of Ging's two creatures that were shown in the episode. you can see one of them in the intro.


 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Ging's an angel?

 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Seeing the Joystation makes me want to play my PS2 again.

Killua's just really expressive in this adaptation, even when he's not talking or the focus is on him. He's always making funny expressions. Gon too. Haha. One thing I'm looking forward to is Killua gambling his money away soon, too.

I've noticed when Kurapika is gone, Killua's Mr. Exposition. Then when Kurapika comes back, Kurapika reprises that role when the four of them are together. It's interesting to see the characters switch around roles when it the four of them vs. the two.
It's actually what I like about Killua and Gon. Haha, I don't really mind when he steals the show for me since I see him as the deuteragonist of the series. And I'm somewhat of a Killua fangirl anyway :derp .Anywho, I'm also looking forward to Killua gambling his money away. Also Gon's match with Shizuku.

Interesting observation on their role-switching. I did notice that Kurapika is basically part revenge-seeking human part walking encyclopedia during the Hunter Exam. It kinda makes sense that Killua would be Mr. Exposition whenever Kurapika isn't around. Which reminds me, it's been a while since we've seen Gon pushing steam out of his ears during an info dump. I suddenly remembered one such scene in the Ant arc when Killua was talking about politics or something. But that's still a long way away.

I kinda want Hunterpedia to go away after Yorkshin, and a new OP (Departure! is too cheerful for the arc and the opening sequence doesn't fit IMO). I think Hunterpedia will go, but I think we'll be stuck with this opening for a while until episode 52 or 53 or something. At least that seems to be the trend with the series. At the same time, we'll get a new ending. Of course, by 52 or 53, we'll be well into Yorkshin.

I really really really want a new OP theme and sequence for Yorkshin, but it probably won't happen. We'll probably get some prologue sequence about the big auction or something like that for a little bit, and then it'll switch to the spiders.
Oh yes, I forgot the intro. I may be asking too many new things from Madhouse (new OP, new intro, new ending sequence after the ED and before the preview), but hey, it's a new arc with a whole new cast of characters. Looking forward to whatever Madhouse will cook up.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's actually what I like about Killua and Gon. Haha, I don't really mind when he steals the show for me since I see him as the deuteragonist

Yeah, I'm a Killua fangirl.
Admittedly, Killua's my favorite HxH character, followed by Hisoka. Killua's a great deuteragonist in a shounen manga, and although Gon's the main protagonist, the main driving force of the story, and the main focus of the story, Killua also does his part to drive the story independent of Gon. Where in other series you may have the main character and then his sidekick, but here I don't see Killua as a sidekick. By helping out Gon, he's also helping himself out. And Gon needs Killua there just as much as Killua needs Gon. They have one of the best friendships I've seen in any anime or manga, and Madhouse has been doing an excellent job showcasing this, IMO. Especially these last couple episodes.

I digress. I can't wait to see Leorio's haggling skills, and those darn cute ladybug/beetle cellphones they get. I want one of those so badly.
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Good episode, although not even a mention of Kite anywhere. Saddens me.
Anyway, enjoy:

I just recently caught my self up in this anime after recently finishing the manga. So why do you guys think they've decided to not introduce Kaito when this new anime seems to be following the manga extremely closely? It's really the only thing so far that has seen any change that would be considered drastic. So what do you think the reasoning is of Madhouse Studio to change it up. Personally, I'm in the belief that they have something really smart planned, because they have been handling the series excellently so far. (I think maybe even Togashi has his hand in this personally)
I also don't think it makes much sense to introduce him too close to the Ant saga like a few others have suggested. So what do you guys think they were thinking?
Welcome to this forum! I hope you enjoy your stay. And you know...I've my doubts. Yes, yes...I deeply love this version much more than the Nippon one but still makes me wonder what the fuck they are thinking.

But I don't know, after all the ant saga is kinda long and if they introduce him at first the effect would be still achieved as far as I can see.
The only thing that seemed strange is this:
I mean, I was sure that it was Hatsu ability rewinding the tape. So why wasn't it colored?
Not quite. Remember that you can write an order of Nen and that doesn't implies a particular Hatsu.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
About Kurapika's chain... First I felt a bit disappointed by the lack of details.

But second thought, it makes more sense:
Why would Kurapika lose his time adding ornamentation to the rings of his chain? it's already hard to materialize the chain itself.

Probably Madhouse just wanted to make the drawing easier, I don't know. But it didn't ended being a bad change at all.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Kurapika looks tired in the preview, and the red in his eyes are darker this time around. Maybe from the loss of sleep?
I guess it's because of black contact lenses.

Three things. First, do you think Hunterpedia will get another design for Yorkshin? Second, is there a possibility for a new OP for Yorkshin?

Lastly, did Gon really say in the manga that he will return to Whale Island once he meets Ging? I'm too lazy to look it up, but seeing as Madhouse is working closely with Togashi, I'm inclined to believe this is true. I wonder if we'll see Mito again in the manga now that Gon has reached this goal.
Huncyclopedia will definitely get a new design for Yorkshin as it got one for Whale Island. And I don't think they'd remove it. I thought that YS was one of the main reasons for it with all the Genei Ryoudan bonus pages showing their abilities. That definitely needs to be shown =D
As for a new OP before ep 50, as I've been saying, I'd doubt it. Around ep 50 - definitely.
And wow, didn't notice Gon saying he will return, there was nothing like that in manga; there were no farewell scenes at all. But I doubt that he will actually return to WI. He sent a Mito some kinda letter, and I think it was about meeting dad and not thinking of returning home. That's where we see Mito in the last chapters btw =D Ch 339 to be exact.

Which reminds me, it's been a while since we've seen Gon pushing steam out of his ears during an info dump. I suddenly remembered one such scene in the Ant arc when Killua was talking about politics or something. But that's still a long way away.
There're some scenes right before GI when Gon was thinking up a special ability as I remember =D And maybe even more during YS arc.

Not quite. Remember that you can write an order of Nen and that doesn't implies a particular Hatsu.
Wait-wait-wait... I clearly remember them saying an order of Nen IS Hatsu!
Ten - defensive shroud + healing
Zetsu - concealing presence + better senses
Ren - powerful emission of aura + chargeup for Hatsu
Hatsu - orders, special functions/abilities

But second thought, it makes more sense:
Why would Kurapika lose his time adding ornamentation to the rings of his chain? it's already hard to materialize the chain itself.
I lol'd at Chain Bastard liking this post. Kurapika approves xD

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Here I thought Killua was using gyo on the radio.
Why would he? It's not like Ging had the need to conceal his Nen with In.

The method to get the Joy Station was different from the manga. In the manga they searched in the internet for the closest shops around and asked it to be delivered in the same day. The anime changed to have Killua go to the toy store in the island.
Yeah, not the best change. I mean, why would he go alone? Gon would definitely go with him =D
 
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Good point, Salce !

Hm ... In view of Ep3o + Ep39 Preview - and unlike the manga where he is strangely calm - I feel that Madhouse will make him more angry/creepy.

99/2o11 :

Wait & see !

ZonikStrike => xD "Too busy/tired to make fucking details... -_-"
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good point, Salce !

Hm ... In view of Ep3o + Ep39 Preview - and unlike the manga where he is strangely calm - I feel that Madhouse will make him more angry/creepy.

99/2o11 :

Wait & see !

ZonikStrike => xD "Too busy/tired to make fucking details... -_-"
I'm quite sure that's gonna be the part where Kurapika hears that the Scarlet Eyes are at the Auction. I don't see him as calm but rather as someone holding back their anger.

Kurapika quite often appears calm but he's really a ticking time bomb

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

However, I do think that Squala looks a bit too mean given his personality; though, this might just be his 'evil' first impression that we see.
It's likely just a first impression.

In the manga when we first see them all they have a mean look to them. However by the end of the Flesh Collector's Mansion they're less "mean" looking.

Of course part of this is likely just Art Evolution. Especially with Melody.

BTW wonder why she is wearing a hat?

Also I hope they don't make this a half Kurapika filler and then the first half of the flesh collector's mansion.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Also...does anyone else think that in the ending that one very pale white strip going across is nen markings similar to the ones used by Wing and Ging
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
About Squala, it's like a first impression thing. If you look at the ending sequence, he looks a lot more friendly. On that note, I like the design for Melody. It drives home the point more that she is, well, unattractive through unfortunate circumstances. At least compared to her 1999 incarnation.
 

Raad

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I saw some comments talking about the world tree, I was skeptical at first, but I went to check the episode again, and man was I surprised!
At the moment the dragon takes off, you can see (I barely did) the magma through the base of that "mountain"! But the thing is Ging clearly stated that he's taking his time to fulfil all the criteria to go to the Dark Continent, which means he still didn't, I hope there won't be too much contradiction in the future!
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This episode was enjoyable. The interactions were done well especially with Killua's personality and cleverness. I liked how Togashi handled Killua character throughout these last arcs.. He's an assassin who posses traits such as one. Gathering information, canceling out possible scenarios, cautious and of course witty. This episode indirectly shows all these traits which i find amusing.
I really want to see these next few episodes. They'll surely be a litmus test for whats to come.O

On side note.... Just hoping Kite is put somewhere before the end of GI.... than I'll be satisfied
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top