Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Senritsu : Miina Tominaga
Baise: Miki Nagasawa
Bashou: Tooru Nakane
Squala: Takuma Suzuki
Dalzollene: Takehito Koyasu

If you're curious =D
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
New pics of the Phantom Troupe (click for bigger picture):


Pakunoda looks 100 x prettier than in the manga.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All the new designs look great, and I think Feitan looks like a complete badass! but I hope Chrollo won't be shirtless all the time..... lol.

The Phantom Troupe now have their own page on the official Hunter x Hunter website.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/hunterhunter/character/genei.html
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Oh, Shizuka is so cute... Well, maybe that's because she is my fav female from HxH... Or not only from HxH...
Hm, Ubo seems to be lacking his bear skin cloth... I hope he will have it when he appears in ep 41.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I guess Chimera Ants will get their own page as well? Otherwise there'll be simply to many characters for that arc =D
And maybe Zodiacs too...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,387
Gender
Male
Country
France
Feitan should be the Boss:hip.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

It's true that Pakunoda is REALLY pretty here
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Oh, Shizuka is so cute... Well, maybe that's because she is my fav female from HxH... Or not only from HxH...
Hm, Ubo seems to be lacking his bear skin cloth... I hope he will have it when he appears in ep 41.
You can see him wearing his bear skin cloth in the Opening.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Shizuku's eyes are really... well, eye-catching. At least for me.

They got Phinks and Feitan down pat. Very nice designs. :mono And I agree, Pakunoda is reeeaaally pretty here. I think it's in her eyelashes. Coltopi looks less creepy here though and more... cute?

Meanwhile, Shalnark... :rofl I'm sorry, but I never really thought they'd pick that color scheme for him. His face is okay, though. Too bad we won't get to see him fight in auto-mode until the Ant arc.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Meanwhile, Shalnark... :rofl I'm sorry, but I never really thought they'd pick that color scheme for him. His face is okay, though. Too bad we won't get to see him fight in auto-mode until the Ant arc.
That (and all the other color shemes) is directly from manga. Some volume cover had that coloring.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oops, didn't know that. Probably because I never really paid attention to the colors, having only speed-read the manga.

I still don't like it compared to the others, but I'll get used to it. I just don't think lavander/light purple/whatever that color is fits.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'll be honest, I didn't even notice Kuroro wasn't wearing the shirt when I looked at the new designs. I guess it just looked so good that I didn't even notice.

All character designs look perfect IMO. The only one we'll really need confirmation on is Kuroro's face, but I'm sure that it'll look fantastic in the actual anime.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bonolenov's face design for the win. He looks like a goblin or something when he's not a mummy! So awesome!

While Pakunoda does look better than the manga I think her later character design in the manga was a bit better.
Though her design, especially her nose can vary from panel to panel. Sometimes it would look natural other times it would just look out of place.
She's not the easiest character to draw. I notice sometimes when people do draw her they give her a more "standard" nose but then it just
looks like just some random blonde chick and not like Pakunoda.

Here's how I rank them as far as looks go

1. Madhouse Pakunoda
2. Latter manga Pakunoda
3. 1999 Pakunoda
4. early manga Pakunoda

I'm gonna assume there will be no Chrollo shirt. At least for a while. Well I'll deal with it if it means awesome sauce Yorknew goodness.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think Chrollo will have his shirt at the begining, like in the manga.

It is the same with Ubo.
He isn't wearing his waistcoat in the design, but he does in the opening so he will have it at the begining.

By the way, I wonder why Tocino's design isn't in the official site...
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So far out of all the Phantom Troupe character designs which ones do you think are the best?

These are the designs that really stand out to me.
1. Feitan
2. Uvogin
3. Pakunoda
4. Franklin
5. Bonolenov/ Kortopi
 
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
By the way, I wonder why Tocino's design isn't in the official site...
Indeed, it's strange. The only solution is two episodes for the Mansion.

Tocino speak only in Chapter 68, and we see Mizuken in the preview. So :

Ep39 = Mizuken (Chapter 83 ?) + Chapter 67
Ep4o = Chapter 68 + ?
Ep41 = Chapitre 7o + 71 (Ryodan)

Buuut... Chapter 68 is too short for an entire episode. Moreover, Senritsu and Baise are there but don't speak either. And Nen training + Ch67 + Ch68 = 43 pages. Possible !

EDIT : Ep4o = Chapter 68 + 7o ?

Hmm...
1. Feitan ! (Like a boss :mono)
2. Paku (<3)
3. Coltopi (Cute !)
4. Franklin
5. Uvo

I've doubts about Shalnark and NakedChrollo (Bishooo !).
 
Last edited:

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan

I think that Chrollo looks better here than in the design picture.
 

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi guys. I've been watching and reading your forum for quite sometime now! :D I finally decided to join in the fun because I hardly have anyone to talk to about Hunter X Hunter. I never watched the 1999 series. Save for a couple of moments that I wanted to see that were in the 2011 version such as Gon V.S Hisoka, and Kurapika vs Majitani. So I'm a new fan. I love Togashi's works and am really looking forward to Yorknew City Arc. I never watched it so I'd like to enjoy the ride. And I already know what happens since I've read the wiki and the Chimera Ant arc. Kinda skimmed through Greed Island but I don't really mind. I'm loving Madhouse's take on HxH and think that they're doing quite a good job with it. :D Sorry if I may be babbling and going off topic but I'm just really glad to be here. I'm also loving the Genei Ryodan's new designs and they're really refreshing to see. Gives me a whole new take on the images I saw of them. :) Once again. Happy to be here. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top