Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone else seen the Bourne Legacy or Total recall lately? I saw them recently and frankly they both suck.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Anyone else seen the Bourne Legacy or Total recall lately? I saw them recently and frankly they both suck.
I stopped getting those movies about 2 fake names ago. If I watch that and it turns out someone else's name is different from what they thought my head will explode. First and second movie were ok. Third was terrible.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Is Total Recall bad as a stand-alone movie, or is it simply bad as a remake?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Extremely weird idea of the day; how about a super mario movie made by nolan?
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^I would pay to see that simply because Nolan would be directing. I could see him incorporating a lot of elements of Inception in a cartoon way if that makes sense. Also, you thought the third was terrible, why?

@CrudeCross The remake wasn't bad on action, but halfway through I was wondering why I was even there. I didn't feel enough from the actors to actually care about what was happening.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't even remember at this point, at this point all I remember from the movies is the guy finding out he is not who he thought he was (and then again and again).

So any thoughts on the upcoming superman movie? Nolan has some input in it so it could actually be pretty good. I wonder what sort of superman it will be. The main issue with superman is that as a character he is usually perfect and his superpowers make him effectively invincible. I wonder if they plan to change him to make him a weaker version of superman and perhaps deal with more emotional stuff. We have seen superman movies with him being basically invincible, a new one with him being a version of superman who could not movie continents would perhaps be interesting.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm not a big Superman fan. However, if trailers were the only thing that ever mattered in movie-making this movie would be the greatest movie of all time.


Goosebumps dude
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Latest Texas Chainsaw Massacre poster! Thoughts anyone or anyone into horror movies?

 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Captain America deleted scene (Avengers tie-in)

 
Last edited by a moderator:

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone like the Amazing spider man reboot?
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
So any thoughts on the upcoming superman movie? Nolan has some input in it so it could actually be pretty good. I wonder what sort of superman it will be. The main issue with superman is that as a character he is usually perfect and his superpowers make him effectively invincible. I wonder if they plan to change him to make him a weaker version of superman and perhaps deal with more emotional stuff. We have seen superman movies with him being basically invincible, a new one with him being a version of superman who could not movie continents would perhaps be interesting.
Well, the teasers as well as what producers and Snyder say, Superman in Man of Steel will be definitely NOT perfect if it means for character development, but surely will be "invincible" as you said. I mean: even teaser/s at the end show Superman's fly powering up lololol xP But the rest of the teaser/s? They show some things which say the new Superman will have some insight into his psyche <and don't forget nice lines by Russell and Costner, both fathers xd>

I'm not a big Superman fan. However, if trailers were the only thing that ever mattered in movie-making this movie would be the greatest movie of all time.


Goosebumps dude
They surely want to re-invent Superman movie genre and make him more 'human=like' in terms of character/psyche so the teasers can really made everybody's day <even if they don't like Superman or whatever>

My take on the new Superman movie by Snyder and producer Nolan? Well, I can't say I loved the teasers, I actually say they may end up being just the best thing of the entire Man of Steel movie next year BUT.. I'm surely happy that special effects will be awesome, its Snyder's film, f**k yeah! <3<3<3

Blakreaper said:
Anyone like the Amazing spider man reboot?
The worst of the ALL Spidey movies, srsly. I had so much hope in Marc Webb, I actually wanted Spidey movie to have different director after Raimi's trilogy, but.. well, it definitely wasn't sth which I really wanted to see. Of course its not bad, worth watching especially if you're a comicbooks/s fan, but.. well, or maybe I'm sentimental. The only good thing about the nwest Spidey movie was 2 things for me:
- Parker, after becoming Spidey, makes jokes etc. that's essential and it was somewhat marginal <if any> in the previous Raimi's movies
- webshooters, quinteseential. How the hell they made him do this stuff through his own hands in previous movies? Of course Spidey had some spots with this in his comic history <with mutant agenda> but aside from that he always had webshooters
that's all.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just watched Cries and Whispers by Ingmar Bergman, I was out of breath by the end of it. :nuts:nuts
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States

:cookiestare what do you guy's think lol?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire

I'm speechless...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So..... van helsing + abraham lincon vampire hunter = hansel & gretel witch hunters? Not sure what to make of that at the moment. On a completely separate note, I am still waiting for "teddy roosevelt: werebear hunter"(werewolves would be fine too).

As for the latest spidey movie, I liked it better than the older ones. Somehow I find mcguire extraordinarily annoying. As I have said before, the only thing that could ruin the trilogy for me is that they do not kill gwen at the end. In turn, killing her would make it one of the best trilogies ever for me.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@kkck Indeed, I hope they stay true to the comics and kill her off. It would leave a deep impression on me too. However, her chemistry with what's his name is extremely brilliant. I thought their scenes together throughout the movie were touching and cute. I liked the reboot film even though it was short on action. I'm pleased with the direction they're taking this series in, and on another note I heard they're planning on making a Venom film perhaps before or after the second spider man film. If so, who should they cast as Venom?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Yeah that looks awful :cookiestare
Yeah I thought so too, I saw this trailer at the movies, and I was thinking oh my god what is he doing? this looks terrible! I heard he wasn't all that good in the expendables 2 either; he's clearly spent too much time away from the acting set. If he keeps on he might blemish his legacy as one of the greatest action movie heroes of all time :(
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
@kkck Indeed, I hope they stay true to the comics and kill her off. It would leave a deep impression on me too. However, her chemistry with what's his name is extremely brilliant. I thought their scenes together throughout the movie were touching and cute. I liked the reboot film even though it was short on action. I'm pleased with the direction they're taking this series in, and on another note I heard they're planning on making a Venom film perhaps before or after the second spider man film. If so, who should they cast as Venom?
The opposite of Topher Grace :cookiestare
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^He was such a terrible casting the third movie was a complete mess not worth the money I spent to go see it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
To be fair, there were more problems with it than just that.

But that might be one of the worst castings ever :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top