Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmariejo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
79
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hello @Zeromcd :), you would have the possibility of posting the sales of Reborn! Please? Finally, if you can of course
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hello @Zeromcd :), you would have the possibility of posting the sales of Reborn! Please? Finally, if you can of course
Sorry, but the manga archive on livedoor has been shut down and I have no way to get individual volume sale numbers from years ago anymore.
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
shldasjdlaij A JoJo oneshot in Jump, oh man. I bet that's related to JoJo's 25th anniversary celebration, since ANN mentioned that Ultra Jump's October issue will include a booklet featuring a whole slew of guest artists drawing Araki's characters. Seriously, it's practically all the current Jump mangaka, along with CLAMP, Akira Toriyama, Togashi (I'd like to take this as a sign that maybe Hiatus x Hiatus will come back soon).
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah. Looks like Jojo's "Everything you could ever want" campaign has even reached to Jump. I thought Araki had given up on the "Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohani" series of one shots in lieu of the "Kishibe Rohan Goes to" series of one shots. BUUUUUT I guess not. Explains why he's taken so many months of in Ultra Jump.
Now, just to see if that live action movie turns out to be true.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jojo power! Good. And togashi artwork is the best. Really if someone tell me what is i will give him a reward!
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ioryhamon/archives/5925157.html
The best one is from Hiroshi Shiibashi.
This is Jojo's 25th Anniversairy book. Look HERE

but that's a really nice find :thumbs I have to say Kishimoto's looks really good! Akira Akatsuki's drawing style fits Jojo really well, that one surprised me.
Besides the two Oda's and Shiibashi's drawings look pretty cool too. The book managed to make me quite curious about the series, I'm considering to give it a try now~
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The JoJo anime is using a Yes song as the ED? :omg
 

nura

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Hiroshi shibashi one of the top of the best drawings :super
 
Last edited:

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oh my God, Kishi's drawing fro JoJo is absolutely gorgeous. The best out of of them all.

If only he could put that much effort in the art in his manga..
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah I was most impressed with Kishi's as well for some reason.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah. I wish Kishimoto would put that level of style and detail into his own characters. It looked really good.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i think it is incredible how well you can recognize the mangaka through their unique style without looking at the name.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They all were good. My Top 5 rankings for the drawings JoJo drawings are:

1) Hiroshi Shiibashi
2) Hiroyuki Takei
3) Yuusuke Murata
4) CLAMP
5) Kento Shinohara and Tadatoshi Fujimaki
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Shiibashi's drawing is pretty awesome and I forgot that he used to be Araki's assistant
 

Sheer Kira

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really like Shiibashi's and Kubo's, and anybody that's thinking about picking up JoJo should do it. It's easily one of my favorites. I think I like Kubo's because he picked the most obscure character out of the bunch.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Drawings made by Akira Akatsuki and Shinohara Kenta are also pretty cool. Masashi Kishimoto's drawing is a little bit different from his usual drawing style, so I didn't recognize it at the first sight.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Cool drawings, but where is my fan-service Joline made by Yabuki Kentaro?!!
Also this is from Ultra JUMP right? Which issue, someone kind enough? And also any good site to buy said issue?
 
Last edited:

Sheer Kira

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's from the newest issue. (October 2012) I would also like to know a good site where I can buy the issue from. Anyone know a good one?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top