Kurapika's Chain Accessory

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
38
Gender
Male
Every Kurapika fans want to get his chains, including me. Luckily, there are replicas made. Since I got it today and checked it out, it seems to be appropriate to tell you my opinion.




First I'd like to thank lovespring58 at eBay for supplying them and to sell them for cheap $18.99 with free shipping. If you want to have your copy, give it a shot (Only 3 more left): http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/140837665435?item=140837665435&ViewItem=#ht_2119wt_1186


First thing first, it came in this small envelope. It saved the time go to the main post and get it as a box.




The package was wrapped in a bubble wrap that is stuck to the envelope.



There was also this included, not sure what it is...



And now to the product itself. This is the packaging. Not that much.



If someone can translate this you are more than welcome



The back, and as you can see it's not appropriate for kids under 3 years old.




Enough about the package, let's get it open




Here's the back picture



And here are the chains fully spread up. It's made out of metal. A chain reaches about 43 cm or 1.25 foot. If you look closely, you can notice there's something wrong... I'll get that in a moment but first, let's take a look at it closely...



First is the Stake of Retribution. About as screen-accurate.




Dowsing Chain. As you can see, it's not ball shaped but rather a diamond-esque shape.




Chain Jail. The hook is not screen-accurate.




Holy Chain. Also not screen-accurate.




Lastly we have the index finger chain. Here it's a small sword. This chain haven't been revealed yet in the manga and therefore may not be the same.



The rings of the perspective chains in the same order








Now about the order... unfortunately, the order of the chains is not the same as what's supposed to be. Another bad thing is you can't switch between the fingers because the rings are not the same width.



So... this is the order as it's made (I think)



But if you try and make it the correct order, some rings do not fit (Most notably the little, ring and thumb)



Now for putting the chain on, let me get this out first: IT'S REALLY ANNOYING! The chains get tangled a lot and you need a long time to sort them out. But anyway, this is how you put them on. The part attached to the rings should face upwards. There's also a small chain to wrap around your wrists.





Here are the chains fully dangling from my hand and yes this is my room and yes I should've picked a better background.



You can still make a fist with the rings on.




Would I recommend it? Well, it's not that bad, but there are some problems, most notebly the order of the chains, but that can be fixed since the parts attached to the rings can be opened and switch them around. And if you aren't that picky about screen-accuracy, then go ahead and pick one.

3.5/5
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I got that long ago, but since been many years I bought it, and many storms has passed in my country.. mine rusted....
In my country that cost 400php-500php... Can be bought on a store (off course inquire first), or can be ordered from someone online (off course this is from my country again)....
 
Last edited:

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I got that long ago, but since been many years I bought it, and many storms has passed in my country.. mine rusted....
In my country that cost 400php-500php... Can be bought on a store (off course inquire first), or can be ordered from someone online (off course this is from my country again)....
I probably won't buy one, but I'm curious as to what stores sell these. Comic Alley?
 
Top