Berserk is good but I rank HxH higher. Berserk is much slower paced and while the artwork is gorgeous there's a lot of nothing going on in it.
Don't get me wrong a lot does happen in Berserk but I think it spends too much time making Guts look cool slaying monsters and less
time actually progressing the plot. I think this casual pacing works very well in early Berserk with the Golden Age and Retribution arcs
Also I like the characters better in Hunter x Hunter than Berserk. Berserk characters aside from having something
wrong with them tend to be rather flat. Example is Farnese. She was somewhat interesting in the Retribution arc
when she's a knight or whatever for the Vatican but has all these blasphemous thoughts and what not that conflicts her.
But take away that conflict and well...she's boring. She was interesting again for a moment when she had to ask
her family for a boat but really it just seems like unless they got mental problems Berserk characters are for the most part dull.
Berserk has a lot more action than Hunter x Hunter...but honestly it gets boring to me after a while
because there's little to no actual conflict in it except oh no Guts is turning into a Hollow...I mean into the Berserker armor.
Berserk is still great. But to me it is largely overrated.
Plus I hate the miget witch girl. Whatever her name was. I hope she burns.