Second Round: Battle Royale 3

Which two will advance?

  • Vista

    Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Shiki

    Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Pekoms

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Dracule Mihawk

    Votes: 61 92.4%
  • Gol D. Roger

    Votes: 47 71.2%

  • Total voters
    66
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria



 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,651
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
holy... i dont even...
 

Cyrs

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
678
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Pole
Roger, Mihawk.

/thread
 

Kazu-Sama

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
720
Reaction score
130
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wow. Now, most of these fighters would have been able to go through in another group, but since this is a Royale...

First of all, as strong as I'm sure he is, I'm not going to vote for Gol D. Roger. He was the former pirate king, but since we've seen nothing from him I don't like voting for him. Otherwise it's just gunna be a Shanks vs Roger final, and that's no fun. So while I'm sure he's strongest, I'm not voting for him.

Now, Vista and Mihawk were fighting pretty evenly, but Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world, and has shown to be obscenely powerful. Vista is the captain of the 5th division, and one of the best swordsmen in the world, but Mihawk is in a league of his own. So by that, I'd say Mihawk > Vista. Pekoms is massively strong, but he's the weakest fighter here IMHO. Mihawk, Shiki, and Vista are all obscenely powerful swordsmen - Vista is a swordsman who's close to Jozu in terms of power, Mihawk is probably the strongest Shikibukai and the strongest swordsman in the world. Now, Shiki could fight Gol D. Rogers, and survive - he was a hugely powerful swordsman, and had a fruit that was almost broken - throwing islands and the like.
Since I'm not voting for Rogers out of principle, then I'm gunna say Shiki and Mihawk, but were I including Rogers I'd say him and Mihawk - Mihawk's almost certainly the better swordsman, and showed vs Don Kreig that he can cut large objects. Now, if Zoro can cut through a tsunami, then I see no problem in Mihawk cutting through that much water, or even land, so he can potentially get the upper hand...
 

Fixit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mihawk and Pekomz...the only two we actually saw some little feats
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
*Just imagine Roger has Rayleigh's strenght*

Roger and Mihawk wins this:mono
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,651
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I´m also not going to include Roger, for already stated reasons.

How the battle will go:

Vista and Mihawk clash again, finishing their fight from the summit... Shiki and Pekoms left for eachother, Shiki just floats in the air, leaving Pekoms no other choice to go into the fight with Mihawk and Vista. from those 3 Mihawk will rise.

So Shiki and Mihawk in my eyes.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Should we take into consideration Shiki's hype or Shiki's feat in the movie ? Because if the feats, he's the first one to go out, losing against pre timeskip Luffy, enough said.
Now, Roger I won't vote for him, because we have no feats, and I don't like strong characters advancing but who don't have feats, he's certainly the strongest there, but if we go only by hype, it would Shanks vs Roger only in the final, which isn't fun since none of them showed any feats yet

Mihawk... He showed us a bit, but nothing serious, same for Pekoms and Vista... Going by hype, I'll choose Mihawk and Vista honestly, even though I'm sure they'd lose at next level of the tournament anyway
 

darkprince0521

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
444
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
the strength of Roger is reflected within the strength of Garp, Sengoku, Whitbeard, Rayleigh. so, to say that Roger should not progress because he didn't show anything, would be true; but him being out of the tournament will be ridiculous. because even though there is no actual feat of Roger, there is enough evidence to gauge his power level.
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,651
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Because if the feats, he's the first one to go out, losing against pre timeskip Luffy, enough said.
Poor Garp and Enel in the other Royale.
 

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,545
Reaction score
1,195
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
I find this rather annoying. Roger and Shiki are clearly legend status, but the reality is that we've seen nothing from them, and know very little about their abilities. Their status is obviously enough to get them past most individuals, but when you come up against the current heavyweights it becomes rather difficult to weigh reputation against actual feats. That being said, I'm going to just go with my initial reaction and say Roger and Mihawk.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Poor Garp and Enel in the other Royale.
Enel was superior in every aspect against Luffy... He just wasn't lucky because was Luffy was rubber, rendering all his attacks useless
As for Garp... You know he didn't want to block Luffy do you ?

As for Roger, again, I won't vote for him, because if we keep voting using hype, just wrap this tournament and put Shanks vs Roger already and then we'll go into an endless debate about who's stronger while we have no feats at all to judge, this is why I'd try my best not to vote for characters who didn't show anything
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,651
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Correct me if i got the fight against shiki wrong in my mind... but luffy could stand to him thanks to his rubberfruit. When i remember correctly they fought midair? How would anyone else had a chance, if not luffy with his "thoraxe" where he uses his immunity to lightning + a friggin bird + stretching arms to keep up in the air. :o
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Correct me if i got the fight against shiki wrong in my mind... but luffy could stand to him thanks to his rubberfruit. When i remember correctly they fought midair? How would anyone else had a chance, if not luffy with his "thoraxe" where he uses his immunity to lightning + a friggin bird + stretching arms to keep up in the air. :o
But then again, Shiki won't win just by staying in the air (well, that depends on the environement of the fight, of there's water/rocks, but such a crap isn't really what would kill the likes of Mihawk or Roger honestly)

What Shiki showed in the movie was lame, I almost hated the fact that Oda put such a legendary pirate to be defeat by pre timeskip Luffy, if it was the current Luffy, that would be acceptable to me
 

Tonix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
632
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't want to include Roger or Shiki, since they have no real feats, so I think I'm going to vote for Vista and Mihawk. According to Vista's comment during the war, their fight ended in a tie, which is the most impressive feat any swordsman in this manga besides Mihawk has shown. Pekoms didn't show anything that makes me think he could stand a chance against two of the top swordsmen in the world.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Uhm..Roger is the strongest,shiki should be the second one,as he was an emperor almost at roger's level.
 

Fixit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No love for Pekomz? :(
 

Cyrs

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
678
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Pole
Uhm..Roger is the strongest,shiki should be the second one,as he was an emperor almost at roger's level.
I know what you're saying, but the problem is that he got taken out by pre-timeskip Luffy. So I really can't vote him above Roger or Mihawk.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I would go with logic and give this group to Roger and Mihawk.
Seriously, no matter how much we've seen from Roger, he is the Pirate King.
He was strongest man, stronger than Whitebeard and we know how strong WB was even, when he was old and ill...
 

scott1uk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I understand all this "non-feats" stuff and people assuming it will just end up Roger vs Shanks based on reputations, but to be honest, voting for someone just because they haven't visually displayed their feats, though we have solid grounds for a basis of their strength and abilities, would be wrong. In this group, I can't put it any other way in my mind: Roger and Mihawk. With Vista a close third and then Shiki. Mattiaildivino's logic here would be wrong, voting for Shiki "as he was an emperor almost at Roger's level"... because based on what we have seen, and as people have said, Shiki was beaten by pre-timeskip Luffy. Facts vs reputation here show us that Shiki was not faster than a flying duck/bird/electric eel hybrid. He couldn't dodge or deflect Luffy's Thor. He didn't stand up after getting hit. Even Zoro managed to get up after Enel's attack and I think that would have been on the same level of current (it's current that kills you once you go above a certain voltage. You could have 10,000V and like... (cant give a value) but minimum current and feel nothing). So Shiki was shown to be beatable imo by Mihawk and Vista.

Now, if it was Roger vs Akainu, I would vote Akainu. I haven't seen anything from Roger or heard of, that would let me think he could win. Magma > Strength. Haki doesn't take away the DF ability, you will still burn... Akainu got up after those epic blasts from WB... I think Strength + Haki + Earthquake is possibly stronger than Roger's fist. Roger may be strong and undefeated, but it doesn't mean he is a mass killing machine. He just doesn't go down so easy :p

I believe that this Royale group was just unfortunate to be very straight up when comparing abilities. We've seen enough from the rest of the group to conclude our own opinions. This isn't a matter of reputation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top