The silent pages were quite nice and moving. I'm surprised by Komaba decision, he still has 2 other years. Now I'm wondering how his friend will make him come back too.
I agreed with Humpty Dumpty's reason. Financial situations are among the most private of secrets. It is because our world has a view that those who do not earn money or pay off their bills & taxes must be losers and should be punished. Bringing up a financial situation invokes pity. There is a pervasive view that by bringing up a desperate situation, you must be asking for some kind of entitlement or handout because you didn't work hard enough. Plus, enemies flock to that knowledge.The Fat Chick's explanation as to why Mikage didn't say anything is complete b.s.. If the author is going to introduce something as a plot development, they might actually want to understand how X thing actually works. That is especially annoying considering there was a perfectly reasonable answer that isn't full of crap: it wasn't her place to say anything.
What are we exactly supposed to understand here ? In my case, I didn't forsee the bankrupcy but I'm glad there is a serious reason for Komaba leaving school. I hope there is a way to come back though.That was a predictable plot development. If it wasn't X, it was going to be Y, but either way, it was always going to end up at Z.
Except that isn't what she is saying. She is implying that there is some sort of legal prohibition against mentioning it or that it would have threatened the proceedings, neither of which is true.I agreed with Humpty Dumpty's reason. Financial situations are among the most private of secrets. It is because our world has a view that those who do not earn money or pay off their bills & taxes must be losers and should be punished. Bringing up a financial situation invokes pity. There is a pervasive view that by bringing up a desperate situation, you must be asking for some kind of entitlement or handout because you didn't work hard enough. Plus, enemies flock to that knowledge.
And that was what I said was the viable explanation.Mikage kept it an absolute secret out of respect for her friend's situation.
It was absolutely a given that Komaba was going to be leaving the school. The specific reason was irrelevant and you could easily swap in alternatives. (mother is ill being the first that comes to mind)What are we exactly supposed to understand here ? In my case, I didn't forsee the bankrupcy but I'm glad there is a serious reason for Komaba leaving school. I hope there is a way to come back though.
It was obvious since nothing immediately resulted from the conversation Komaba had with Mikage that neither of them wanted to talk about.Komaba leaving the school is known since they lost the match so indeed you didn't need to be a genious to see that.
It is absolutely irrelevant. Narratives are about characters and the specific plot device an author uses to bring about some change is unimportant when compared to the effect of that device on the characters.Why did he left was not known though and that specific reason is not irrelevant ; that's what makes a story.
It would amount to the same thing. Komaba would have to leave school because his family could not afford to shut down their farm, even for a short period. Assuming the hypothetical illness was not life threatening, you could focus entirely on the financial aspect.Actually speaking of the financial difficulties of the farming industry is more interesting than the drama of a mother illness since it is something that is a real issue.
It's about redemption actually. If you are in financial dire straits, is it better to let others work under the assumption that you are doing fine or let them know that you have a weakness? By keeping it absolute secret, Komaba's family company could survive under the pretense of possible redemption. That didn't happen.Except that isn't what she is saying. She is implying that there is some sort of legal prohibition against mentioning it or that it would have threatened the proceedings, neither of which is true.
You are clearly misunderstanding what is being said. She clearly explains the law in there. when a company files for bankruptcy; unless you want to make it known, is 1 of the best kept secrets. when bankruptcy becomes legal you have more of a leeway. if it is known however; creditors can demand their money before hand which usually sucks for the debtor. I actually applaud arakawa for making the story around this kind of brutal subject on a shounen.Except that isn't what she is saying. She is implying that there is some sort of legal prohibition against mentioning it or that it would have threatened the proceedings, neither of which is true.

Not trying to say they should change the system, find a way to get around it or anything. But seeing a young man like Komaba being all like "Well, that's the way it is...can't change it right? Sucks, I guess..." is quite painful. In Hachiken's eyes, (seemingly) accepting the end of your dreams like this because of something that just happens doesn't feel right. It's like they can't show sorrow and pain because it's only natural, the way things go in the industry. I think Mikage is the best example of this. She tries to act calm and pretend nothing happened while she'd rather burst out crying.They shouldn't accept the realities of capitalism, changes to the economy of food production, and what happens when you fail to pay off a loan? Interesting.
I don't get the joke. Why crab?