Anime Berserk Movie Announced

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I liked it very much.
The only part I didn't like was the beginning of the love scene between Griffith and the princess.

When he first touch her breast and she moan sharply... that was really bad...
I felt like I was watching a really bad ****** movie from 10 years ago...

No girl reacts like that in real life -_-;
 

Bohemia22

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
674
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
It was brilliant.
Now for the Eclipse. :devil-mad
 

102jayday

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
2,134
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I liked it very much.
The only part I didn't like was the beginning of the love scene between Griffith and the princess.

When he first touch her breast and she moan sharply... that was really bad...
I felt like I was watching a really bad ****** movie from 10 years ago...

No girl reacts like that in real life -_-;
Come on it was Griffith, he was doing that to a untouched princess and it's Griffith who is meant to be like the one straight out of a legend like all the people say lol.
I love how all he was thinking of was Guts, it would be funny in the subs if he said Guts breast are bigger.

Yeah it was a good movie but did skip alot of important scenes like about Griffiths past, Zodd and the queen. But it went for a hour and 30 minutes so its long.
I feel so sad that they will obviously skip Wyald fight, it was what I was looking forward to the most in these movies, finally get to see that awesome fight animated.
But I bet they'll skip it :(
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It was brilliant.
Now for the Eclipse. :devil-mad
It definitely was a vast improvement animation-wise, without a doubt. I don't recall any weird looking scenes while there were quite a few in the first movie. Let's hope there will be another improvement for the Eclipse :3c

Story-wise it was the same as the first movie, they skipped a lot. The story in the movie is rather shallow and I feel like people who've only seen the movie will like it a lot less than we do. I'm not surprised that the two movies aren't rated that high, someone who only watches the movies is bound to notice the rather weak story and characters. I mean it's still Berserk so it's not that bad but compared to the original it#s lacking so much :(

Which brings me to say that the movies are pretty good for people like us, who know the manga. It's not really something for movie-only watchers because they won't be able to grasp the full awesomeness that is Berserk, sadly.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Which brings me to say that the movies are pretty good for people like us, who know the manga. It's not really something for movie-only watchers because they won't be able to grasp the full awesomeness that is Berserk, sadly.
Exactly.
But I guess if you only watched the movies, you are not a Berserk fan. So it doesn't really matter if you don't like the story.
The movies target was Berserk fans. that means a number of people accumulated during the 20 years of work Miura put in Berserk. And I assure you, every one of them loved those movies. Because they can relate to every single moment in them and complete the rest of the story from their experience with the manga.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'll have to wait for my boyfriend's reaction to the second movie- since he's never read the manga. But he really liked the first movie, as I mentioned in an earlier discussion. So you can try asking friends who never read the story and see what they thought of the movie.

---------- Post added December 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was December 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

do you guys have any news as to which groups have taken up subbing the second BD release? So far I've only seen two subbed versions, and not too convinced of the quality...
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Personally I'm fine if some parts are skipped in the movie version, since.. well this is an animation, changes are mostly inevitable. At least they're not forgetting most of important parts, so the movie is still coherent with the original plot as shown in the manga.

Also, have to agree that the voice acting during that sex scene was pretty bad.

do you guys have any news as to which groups have taken up subbing the second BD release? So far I've only seen two subbed versions, and not too convinced of the quality...
The second one is only the hardsubbed version of the first one.. you can always rely on fansub review site like this one before making any decision to download it.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Also, have to agree that the voice acting during that sex scene was pretty bad.
Yeah, I just hope Caska won't make that kind of sound in the 3rd movie... -_-;
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hopefully in the third film of the "Golden Age Arc", Guts and crew will fight the Demon Dogs before the eclipse thing happens. Would be nice to see that battle, Miura did an amazing job illustrating that in the manga.
 

Bohemia22

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
674
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah they got special people for animated sex scene voice acting in Japan don't they?
 

steadynco

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hopefully in the third film of the "Golden Age Arc", Guts and crew will fight the Demon Dogs before the eclipse thing happens. Would be nice to see that battle, Miura did an amazing job illustrating that in the manga.
I hope so too although Wyald's lot were damn, damn brutal....
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope so too although Wyald's lot were damn, damn brutal....
"brutality" is the main theme of Berserk, lol, and this is the third installment. Besides, Zodd, they haven't encountered any "demons" yet in a real battle, would be perfect to see that battle right before Griffith and Guts transform into their "real" selves.

I really wish, I could be in Japan for the day that movie opens next month. sucks.
 

steadynco

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
"brutality" is the main theme of Berserk, lol, and this is the third installment. Besides, Zodd, they haven't encountered any "demons" yet in a real battle, would be perfect to see that battle right before Griffith and Guts transform into their "real" selves.

I really wish, I could be in Japan for the day that movie opens next month. sucks.
Yeah but censorship can ruin things <_< but going by how explicit certain scenes were in the last movie, I think it's probable that they'll have Black Dog Knights.

I really want to see Griffith's Apostles in action on screen, but that will have to wait =P
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
do you guys have any news as to which groups have taken up subbing the second BD release? So far I've only seen two subbed versions, and not too convinced of the quality...
I've watched the version that was subbed by P3...and it's a good sub
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
but... but I saw the screenshots of that sub and it was terrible!
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
but... but I saw the screenshots of that sub and it was terrible!
Commie already released their own version of Berserk 2nd movie, I think.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I watched the 2nd movie (a 4 Go version :lmao). I'm going to say the same thing as the first one : each scene is good or great, but overall, critical build up/character developments are missing, it doesn't make us deeply attached to any character and erase a significant part of the emotional weight (or significance) of some key scenes.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Exactly.
But I guess if you only watched the movies, you are not a Berserk fan. So it doesn't really matter if you don't like the story.
The movies target was Berserk fans. that means a number of people accumulated during the 20 years of work Miura put in Berserk. And I assure you, every one of them loved those movies. Because they can relate to every single moment in them and complete the rest of the story from their experience with the manga.
Only targeted to Berserk's fans ?
Well if that's really the case, nice of them but I wouldn't consider it as a great move (yes move, not movie, it's not a typo :p ). What's the point to convert those who are already in your church ?
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Only targeted to Berserk's fans ?
Well if that's really the case, nice of them but I wouldn't consider it as a great move (yes move, not movie, it's not a typo :p ). What's the point to convert those who are already in your church ?
A treat ? :p
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
finally got to watch Battle for Doldrey!

with good subs, got the rip, the 4G file. totally worth the wait.

awesome music, the CG was more awkward this time than the first movie, but meh.

And I was again reminded how fucking Awesome Kentaro Miura is, and how epic the Golden age really was :crying

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

also, there were a lot of comments about Charlotte's overreaction during the sex part.

When I watched it I felt no such thing. Like, have you ever encountered Jap porn to make an objective comparison?

is all I had to say :oh
 
Top