Simple question. Lets say that Madhouse gets to the end of the election arc, and either Togashi is just coming out of hiatus and there isn't enough material to continue animating whatever arc he's working on, or he hasn't come out of hiatus at that point. If you were in charge of the HXH anime committee, would you 1) Axe the series there and go the same route Nippon Animation did with OVA's every so often? or 2) Get the writing staff together and do filler arcs? We can assume that you could call up Togashi to get his opinion on what he would and wouldn't want to happen, and that at least he'd do an arc a year or something (Sorta like the election arc.) I guess it comes down to do you think the HXH anime should continue with filler arcs (or an arc?) Or simply conclude after chapter 339?
I'm kind of split on this. The movie was technically written by Togashi, so we can't say that MH's success was their own in that regard, and little additions to the manga scenario during the TV run have been hit or miss. Though if the anime does end, we'll be back to having no HXH at all. That's not the end of the world but it is a little sad. I guess if I were in charge I'd probably go with ending the series, but I want to hear your opinions.
I'm kind of split on this. The movie was technically written by Togashi, so we can't say that MH's success was their own in that regard, and little additions to the manga scenario during the TV run have been hit or miss. Though if the anime does end, we'll be back to having no HXH at all. That's not the end of the world but it is a little sad. I guess if I were in charge I'd probably go with ending the series, but I want to hear your opinions.
Foxbears started using nen, Killua started having angst, and most of the less objectable padding was rather forgetable, such as Gon meeting Leorio before boarding the ship to the Hunter Exam. While Madhouse seems to have a better grasp of the souce material, I still would want Togashi to give them feedback with any filler.
