Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
That's what you choose to quote out of everything I said? :rolleyes:

Faust, read what I posted again. Light still had Death Note paper in his watch/wrist thing, so it's not as if he couldn't kill EVEN when he had the others. Misa and the Yotsuba Group guy are with L, but Kiyoma and Mikami Teru were when Near was around.

The Mentor hasn't been cornered by anyone, so it's not as if he couldn't kill on his own here. I actually thought that the role should gain the Detective-resistance of the Mafia Boss, be able to kill on his own, and recruit a Sith Apprentice, who could then choose to kill. The one benefit of the Sith Apprentice is that they're sort of forced to follow your orders, whereas a mafia member can choose to play however they want.
Mafia members got to follow the boss man!
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
RIP Frosty. I think it was a good idea from digital to install this role. This little handycap makes the role a little bit more balanced, because 1) he can discuss privately with his Mentee anytime, and is not bounded on night phase, like all the other roles, which are allowed to communicate, 2) it is not even vulnerable to mafia when recruiting, like the other recruiting parties, such as masons, instead the mafia ends up dead. So yeah.

It's a shame you couldn't play it any longer though than this one day, I was curious to see what strategy you would develope playing it. Maybe we get to see a more active Mentor in the next game!
It's handicap and develop, actually. :P

The way digital explained the role, Evil, is that the Mafia member doesn't die that night, he dies the next night, and then you still need to recruit a new Mentee, so while you would've killed a Mafia member, you're powerless for another night.

Ah, but Detectives can still discover you, so it's not as secure as the Mafia Boss.

Everyone most likely still chats outside of the prescribed time for their roles, so that's not exactly true that it's an advantage. On the other hand, you can't acquire Sleepers or anything and it's a Sith Apprentice style. Honestly though, I'd prefer if the Mentor died, the Mentee became the Mentor in a true Sith Apprentice style.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Mafia members got to follow the boss man!
Sort of...They can still choose how to post/act, whereas the Sith Apprentice sort of HAS to directly follow the orders of the Mentor.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
It's handicap, actually. :P

The way digital explained the role, Evil, is that the Mafia member doesn't die that night, he dies the next night, and then you still need to recruit a new Mentee, so while you would've killed a Mafia member, you're powerless for another night.

Ah, but Detectives can still discover you, so it's not as secure as the Mafia Boss.

Everyone most likely still chats outside of the prescribed time for their roles, so that's not exactly true that it's an advantage. On the other hand, you can't acquire Sleepers or anything and it's a Sith Apprentice style. Honestly though, I'd prefer if the Mentor died, the Mentee became the Mentor in a true Sith Apprentice style.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------



Sort of...They can still choose how to post/act, whereas the Sith Apprentice sort of HAS to directly follow the orders of the Mentor.
No they don't, they will probably risk more to keep the mentor alive, but they don't have to follow orders....and stop calling it sith apprentice!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
NN railroaded me and you guys jumped on the bandwagon.
Well, as the first one to jump on it was me, I still feel safe to repeat that I didn't vote for you because I was 100% convinced of your role as a mafia or something. I voted for you, since you lost the debate at the end of the night. In the worst case, we would be lynching a townie who wasn't good enough to deal with a mafia in a one on one argument.
Now, seeing you as a third party, the strategy has worked out quite nicely.

Sorry, DD, for ruining the new role this early :gwah
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Bitter Frostymouse is bitter :lmao
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
No they don't, they will probably risk more to keep the mentor alive, but they don't have to follow orders....and stop calling it sith apprentice!
Perhaps.

Well, as the first one to jump on it was me, I still feel safe to repeat that I didn't vote for you because I was 100% convinced of your role as a mafia or something. I voted for you, since you lost the debate at the end of the night. In the worst case, we would be lynching a townie who wasn't good enough to deal with a mafia in a one on one argument.
Now, seeing you as a third party, the strategy has worked out quite nicely.

Sorry, DD, for ruining the new role this early :gwah
Actually, you only said that after NN persecuted me. Anyway, I didn't lose a debate there. NN said that he'd won and that was it.

There was no way that I actually could defend myself that you guys would buy. Didn't you read any of my posts? Everything I said was ignored and NN said "I won." NN said that I didn't post "funny" or "serious," and as Imp and Gary bandwagoned, that was enough.

I'm still going to believe that NN went after me for revenge. We see players do it every game.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Oh well, thank you for pointing out the mistakes, Frosty.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh well, thank you for pointing out the mistakes, Frosty.
:P

I'll enjoy seeing how the game turns out.

It was doubtful that I would've won anyway, so I'm not too concerned. :XD
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Actually, you only said that after NN persecuted me. Anyway, I didn't lose a debate there. NN said that he'd won and that was it.

There was no way that I actually could defend myself that you guys would buy. Didn't you read any of my posts? Everything I said was ignored and NN said "I won." NN said that I didn't post "funny" or "serious," and as Imp and Gary bandwagoned, that was enough.

I'm still going to believe that NN went after me for revenge. We see players do it every game.
I know, the attack was pretty well designed. There was little you could do, in any case.
I'm not ruling out niichan going after for you for revenge. In fact, it made great sense when you brought that up. Supposedly, niichan had a more than ordinary reason to analyze your posts. I suspected him with his semi-passive appearance throughout the day, but he made a sharp move out of nowhere, when no one was bringing up his name for debate. If you had really gotten into the debate more earlier in the day, niichan would be left with a question mark upon his head. I simply theorized he wasn't the kind of person to take such a risk unless he believed he got a clue.
I don't know. Maybe, I'll be proven dead wrong :)
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I have a suggestion.

At the end of every Mafia Game there wiill be an award for the Best Player

A poll can be set up so the players will be able to vote who they think is the best player or the host can choose who he/she thinks is the best player
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
frosty reminds me of blai right now
Ah, but unlike blai, I post. :P

I know, the attack was pretty well designed. There was little you could do, in any case.
I'm not ruling out niichan going after for you for revenge. In fact, it made great sense when you brought that up. Supposedly, niichan had a more than ordinary reason to analyze your posts. I suspected him with his semi-passive appearance throughout the day, but he made a sharp move out of nowhere, when no one was bringing up his name for debate. If you had really gotten into the debate more earlier in the day, niichan would be left with a question mark upon his head. I simply theorized he wasn't the kind of person to take such a risk unless he believed he got a clue.
I don't know. Maybe, I'll be proven dead wrong :)
Actually, lawlett at one point pointed out that I had tried to move the discussion forward by talking about potential roles that could be there, but NN ignored that in his assault. Did no one notice the part where NN misquoted me in order to make his attack look more solid?

NN does come off rather suspect here. In fact, if I had been a townie, NN would look as if he'd gone after me solely because I had killed him. Anyway, his whole theory about funny, serious, or otherwise is wrong.

It's over though, so I'll bow out now. Unlike certain others who post more and more throughout the game in the discussion thread after they're dead, now that I've said my peace, have fun all.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
DD, what can you say about having a best player in each mafia game?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Maybe not the best player, since it's a bit too vague to decide, but something like best move could be fun. We could have voted for what we believed to be the decisive move for the either side's victory.
Hm, reading it again made me think if mine idea is even tougher to implement :toc
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I was thinkning about something like an award thing too for the mafia, with categories like "most sly mafia" but it'd be all biased so dunno.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Maybe not the best player, since it's a bit too vague to decide, but something like best move could be fun. We could have voted for what we believed to be the decisive move for the either side's victory.
Hm, reading it again made me think if mine idea is even tougher to implement :toc
Neh, there are usually some highlights in each game... So yeah, it shouldn't be THAT though.

Hardy approves your idea :verily

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Only waiting for one pm.......YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
Ok, I'm gonna send you the pics right now :hurr
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top